• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Native ports  (Read 34694 times)

cex (OP)

Re: Native ports
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2011, 10:13:45 am »
Updated first post with all ports available now (maybe I forgot something, so feel free to tell me).

zibrom

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2011, 11:16:40 am »
That behaviour suggest that it does not find the .WAD files.
Make sure you have the latest firmware (build 3), and the file has the .C3S extension. Renaming to .CC makes it fail (at least with latest firmware), as it search for files in a:\ instead of the current folder.
I have tested with 1.1 build 3 with game in a:\game\ folder and it works fine.
Anyway it is strange, as it finds the splash file (Are you seeing the new splash logo?).
I'm not sure what could be happening, but will get back if I think of something.
Maybe a stupid question, but how to get prboom working with other .wad files?
Prboom exits after "Native pors" picture if i put .wad file in the folder with it.
I tried to to run it in "games\3D" on sd card and in internal memory with the same result.

After that i tried to build prboom from sources using sdk.
It successfully builds a .cc file and packs with two  .wad files and a pictire into a one .c3s file and it works!
When i replace doom1.wad with a full doom.wad the resulting .c3s file don't run.
What am i doing wrong?

cex (OP)

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2011, 12:30:42 pm »
The sources allow these valid names:

const char *const standard_iwads[]=
{
  "doom2f.wad",
  "doom2.wad",
  "plutonia.wad",
  "tnt.wad",
  "doom.wad",
  "doom1.wad",
  "doomu.wad", /* CPhipps - alow doomu.wad */
  "freedoom.wad", /* [email protected]:  added freedoom for Fedora Extras */
};

So it should work.
Just make sure your file is and IWAD and not a PWAD.
Other option is modify the prboom_loader.c to pass the wad file as a parameter.

Also try to run your .CC after a hardware reset (turn off and on using the power switch) as if run after other application leads to failure.

In any case if you upload your .CC to Sendspace (I have problems with other servers) and PM me the link I can check the serial console for the error reported.

Regards.

zibrom

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2011, 07:46:09 pm »
Thaks for info.

I saw this code in sources tree. I think it't yours :)
Tomorrow i'll try to compile prboom one more time.

The .wad file was in the dos game dir and it is almost 12 megabytes so it is a IWAD file.

I'm not a great programmer, the build with uncommented args in prboom_loader.c hanged my gemei :(

How did you get serial console that you mentioned?
With it i could get answers using my console.

And another stupid question.
Where will prboom search for IWAD if i finally pack into a .c3s only logo and prboom.wad ?

Best regards
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 07:32:20 am by zibrom »

cex (OP)

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2011, 09:59:39 am »
The serial console hack is explained here:

http://www.dingux.com/2010/11/ga330-serial-console.html

But I would think twice if you haven't got excellent soldering skills (the pads are wuite small).

The game searchs for files in the folder from it is executed (for example a:\game\) if the extension is .C3S and it searches in a:\ if the name is .CC (using the firmware 1.1 build 3).

Dexidus

Native ports
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2012, 08:45:42 pm »
Ok, forgive my noobness, but how exactly do I install smssdl and pocketsnes on the gemei a330? I tried placing the .cc files in the GAME folder, but from there, what do I do? I don't have 'applications' option beside the system setup, only a 'browser' option - which when I try to open the .cc file (or any file for that matter) it gives me just 'cancel delete copy paste' options...

Please help, I'd looove to play some gamegear games on this thing!

Thanks in advance!

Dexidus

Native ports
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2012, 09:36:05 pm »
Nvm, I had to change my firmware to 1.1 (it shipped with 1.2, which I can't find anywhere).

Wicked job! I'd love a way to play gameboy/gameboy color games on it as well, if that would be at all possible that would be fantastic!

zennysan

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2012, 12:09:36 am »
dexidus, you have to use goomba color http://www.dwedit.org/gba/goombacolor.php

You open it, find your .gbc files, and that will convert them into .gba where you can play them. if you got the firmware downgraded, im sure you can figure out how to convert.  ;D

Dexidus

Native ports
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2012, 12:18:50 am »
Oh thanks! I actually just found a copy of gnu boy that runs on the ga330, but it is a pretty early beta I imagine, as there is no menu, and the L,R,X and Y buttons all just exit the EMU, but it still works great for gb/gbc games! I will try the converter as well!

cdoty

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2012, 06:10:24 am »
This is built by Dingoo-SDK, but I have not yet commited the changes required to compile it. I'm going to discuss some things with flatmush first how we are going to separate things (makefiles, defines etc).

Any progress in committing the Gemei A330 changes? I'm interested in using it for a few ports to the A330.

Harteex

• * Administrator
    • Harteex Productions
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2012, 10:07:59 pm »
This is built by Dingoo-SDK, but I have not yet commited the changes required to compile it. I'm going to discuss some things with flatmush first how we are going to separate things (makefiles, defines etc).

Any progress in committing the Gemei A330 changes? I'm interested in using it for a few ports to the A330.

I kind of got bored of it, but I'll see if I can dig out the files and publish them somewhere when I get home.

cdoty

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2012, 10:51:14 pm »
Thanks. It looks like a fairly clean interface, from the sources I looked at.

cex (OP)

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2013, 07:52:51 am »
As I can't continue with development in the short term I have uploaded the unfinished sources to Google code:

http://code.google.com/p/ga330-native-ports/

Hope someone can continue with development.

Regards,
Cex.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic