Author Topic: my dingoo a330le gemei fashion won't work  (Read 6803 times)

megamat91 (OP)

my dingoo a330le gemei fashion won't work
« on: June 26, 2013, 02:09:25 am »
so i got the dingoo a330le gemei fashion thing and out of the box it was already v1.2, however i didn't know anything about this and all i seen over internet was everyone saying to add the a330e.hxf file to get the firmware update thing. well despite that not working and i had to change it to a330LE.hxf then held abxy when powered up and it sayd firmware upgrading and then glitched and froze. well now it's frozen for good. i let the battery die and hooked it to the computer again to let it charge and the screen goes to a glitch screen and nothing happens. i've tried this a few times and nothing. there is no reset button on this and right now i feel 90$  down the toilet. i really like this thing but if it won't work what should i do?

Harteex

• * Administrator
    • Harteex Productions
Re: my dingoo a330le gemei fashion won't work
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 04:52:18 pm »
Dingoo A330LE is Gemei A330 device. Maybe you tried to update with firmware from another similar named device.

To unbrick, maybe this topic helps:
http://boards.dingoonity.org/gemei-a330/black-screen-of-death/

yoshi41

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 10:08:13 am »
You mention firmware 1.2 was already installed? That's strange, since the latest Gemei firmware is version 1.1.

There are two Gemei A330 models, the "regular" and the fashion model (w/o wireless). Both can use the same version 1.1 firmware...

http://www.gemeitech.com/en/View_Down.asp?id=157

In fact, there is only one version 1.1 firmware available. I have installed it on both Gemei A330 models, it works fine.

I never had a Dingoo branded Gemei A330 handheld (they are more expensive for some reason). I don't know if they are really the same.
Emulator packs and fact sheets for Wiz, Caanoo, Dingoo and Pandora.

DisgruntleElf

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 04:44:25 pm »
Dingoo A330LE is Gemei A330 device.

Question.  If that's true then how is it the Dingoo A330 is capable of running OD and the Gemei A330 is not?  Or I have I got that wrong?

Harteex

• * Administrator
    • Harteex Productions
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 04:56:38 pm »
Dingoo A330LE is Gemei A330 device.

Question.  If that's true then how is it the Dingoo A330 is capable of running OD and the Gemei A330 is not?  Or I have I got that wrong?

The Dingoo Technology A330 is capable of running dingux, not the Dingoo Digital (Gemei) A330.

megamat91 (OP)

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 10:52:37 pm »
i'm 98% sure 1.2 was already there unless i did an update without knowing or a hxf file happened to work before it screwed up. and as i read the instructions for unbriking, i saw only windows xp can do it is that true? i have windows 7 and ya it didn't read the chinachip usb and that burntool didn't do anything. but gemei said i could ship it back and get a new one. i'd rather do that than spend extra $$$ for windows xp. atleast i know more about these devises than i did a week ago and i'll be much happyer to just download games and forget updates. the thing is cool and not too shavy so i def want to keep using it. i'd encourage anyone to get one

Post a new topic