Author Topic: Music > Update Jukebox -- Problems  (Read 2926 times)

blastyrant (OP)

Music > Update Jukebox -- Problems
« on: January 23, 2011, 04:11:05 am »
How long should it take for the Chinese text "update" screen to disappear?

I've just added around 100+ files (ROMs, VIDs, images) and it has been sitting on that screen for over 15 minutes. So far the GA330 Native O/S is much slower than the Dingoo before/after gaming and when updating the Jukebox to find new files. =/

Everything was working fine, the "update" screen appears after de-syncing. This is the first time I've added files.

Please let me know your experiences.

<edit> going on 30+ minutes now. =(
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 04:40:27 am by blastyrant »

xdf

Re: Music > Update Jukebox -- Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 12:00:42 am »
Im wondering how long its meant to take aswell.  Ive always just turned the device off and back on when that refreshing screen is on as ive never seen it end, just seems to hang there indefinitely.  Any new files ive added still seem to work...  Ive just updated the firmware to the latest 1.1 though and none of my roms are showing up now so im trying the update jukebox to see if that does anything.  But it will probably just hang there til i go to bed then i'll turn it off.  Thats my prediction anyway....

SittButt

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 02:35:08 am »
Im wondering how long its meant to take aswell.  Ive always just turned the device off and back on when that refreshing screen is on as ive never seen it end, just seems to hang there indefinitely.  Any new files ive added still seem to work...  Ive just updated the firmware to the latest 1.1 though and none of my roms are showing up now so im trying the update jukebox to see if that does anything.  But it will probably just hang there til i go to bed then i'll turn it off.  Thats my prediction anyway....

Got the same problem ... I retrograde on the non-official 1.1 release.

blastyrant (OP)

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 06:27:30 pm »
i finally figured out that the update screen will freeze when a non gemei tech emu is placed on the card. i was testing a few hacks of emus and stuff and they all made it freeze. instead of throwing a warning that the emu is not designed for the gemei, the update simply freezes at the 100% mark.

after removing those and making sure i had the default file pack back on there, i've had no issues.

i forgot about this thread, it has been a busy few weeks, or i would hvae updated the first post after figuring that out.

are you having issues then with the default files?

Post a new topic