Author Topic: Lets get an UPDATE thread going!  (Read 4094 times)

HammerHeart (OP)

Lets get an UPDATE thread going!
« on: May 29, 2011, 05:09:02 pm »
I know the update process has been talked about before but i would like to understand more about the current update available...

Firmware Update v1.1 build-3
http://filetrip.net/f24106-Gemei-MPS-A330-Firmware-v1-1-Build-3-21811.html
(ok to link this here? please let me know if i need to take it down ;))

...considered the final form of v1.1, the zip file includes:

-7days.c3s (game)
-A330.HXF (update patch)
-LUBILUBI.c2s (game)
-snes.SIM (snes emu)
-天地道.c3s (game)
-斗地主.c2m (game?)
-歌美多玩A330V1.1固件说明 (.txt file listing update contents..gibberish)

Here are a few questions and comments I had about the update and i welcome others to ask questions as well:

-When i put the .HXF file in my root directory, safely remove the device, turn it off and then on again... the update screen doesn't show up at all...
-When i look at the system settings, in the "About" tab, it still displays the current ver. date as Jan 24 2011 (build 2's date)
(have tried a few times and pretty sure i messed it up :'()

-Where should i place the .c2s, .c3s, and .c2m game files? ...are these correct file extensions?

-The snes bios... whats the difference between snes.SIM and SFC.SIM? do i need both?

-If i did botch my update... what is the best solution to guarantee a successful update?
(should I use the Unbricker tool and start from scratch?)

Thanks for your input! ;D
I am sure this will help many others with update questions

« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 02:12:44 am by HammerHeart »

HammerHeart (OP)

Re: Lets get an UPDATE thread going!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 05:18:51 pm »
Also, I will post results and all information I can find about update v1.1 build 3 on our GA330 wiki for educational purposes  ;)

P.s. I was extremely psyched to see some editing and updating on the wiki.. if we keep our interests high, the Gemei wont fade away 8)

HammerHeart (OP)

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 03:00:15 am »
HAHAHA guess i should delete this if i have 100 views and no reply.. will delete in 2 days

Kryptofacist

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 05:46:51 am »
-When i put the .HXF file in my root directory, safely remove the device, turn it off and then on again... the update screen doesn't show up at all...

-When i look at the system settings, in the "About" tab, it still displays the current ver. date as Jan 24 2011 (build 2's date)
(have tried a few times and pretty sure i messed it up :'()

-Where should i place the .c2s, .c3s, and .c2m game files? ...are these correct file extensions?

-The snes bios... whats the difference between snes.SIM and SFC.SIM? do i need both?

-If i did botch my update... what is the best solution to guarantee a successful update?
(should I use the Unbricker tool and start from scratch?)

Sorry nobody has replied. I think it's due to the fact that there aren't really any updates. I will try to answer your questions.

-Re. all your questions about firmware updates.
Are you using the regular A330 or the Fashion? Fashion firmwares need to be renamed "A330E.HXF."
If this isn't your problem, then I am not sure what is wrong. As far as we have found on here, you can't flash a firmware from the SD slot and you need a Windows PC. Vista and 7 don't eject hardware properly though.

-Re. SNES.sim and SFC.sim.
I don't know. I would keep both to be safe.

-Re. File Extensions and where to put games.
You can put them pretty much anywhere you want. Just turn on directory browsing so they are easy to find later. I would suggest the "3D" folder, but it's up to you.
All extensions for these games need to be ".CC" in firmware 1 and 1.1 build 2. I am not sure of the ".C2M" file extension. My basic rule of thumb is ".C2S" for 2D games and ".C3S" for 3D. Works for me, (except DOOM, which seems to roll a dodecahedral die every time I try to open it. 1-19 it freezes my Gemei and I have to turn it off. 20, and it works fine).

I hope that was helpful.

PS. What is "斗地主.c2m?" it translates to "Landlords" and I don't know anything about it except that's what the chinese forums say to refer to OP, (Original Poster for those who don't know the abbreviation).
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 05:52:45 am by Kryptofacist »
"The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real."
- Abraham Lincoln

HammerHeart (OP)

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 03:39:37 pm »
Thank you sir! That was helpful

I am using the standard multiplayer gemei a330.. not the fashion ed.

Had no trouble with update v.1.1 build 2... but putting build 3 on didnt work (maybe build 3 is for fashion only?)

Still baffled about what the .c2m file is as well... :o

Thanks again kryptofacist
you always seem to come through  ;)

jagotu

• * Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 04:26:37 pm »
c2m should be (according to info i have) 2D multiplayer game

Quote from: GbaTemp Review
These extensions are .C2M, .C2S, and .C3S. The first extension can be assigned to 2D multiplayer titles, the second extensions can be assigned to 2D single player titles, and the third extensions can be assigned to single player 3D titles.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 04:29:02 pm by jagotu »
Sorry guys for not caring about dingoonity lately. It was nice to be with you, and maybe I'll come back, but not now...

SilverhawkBR

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 07:53:30 pm »
I think snes.sim isnt a bios, but the emulator itself, like on the dingoo.  ::)

Hagane023

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 08:59:52 pm »
My GA330 is the original wireless model, not fashion which I put build 3 on today. Snes.sim is the emulator. No other real improvements that I'be noticed, just the extention changes. Joy. Don't know whether to cheer for hitchhiker or booboo, as the fate of this little device seems to rest on their shoulders now. By the way the wiki site is great to refer to and when i updated I did it the same way, ie keep gemei on if the blue refresh screen hangs give it a minute then turn it off. Still works also on the abouscreen it will be dated 13/02/2011.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic