• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Just received my Gemei A330  (Read 20846 times)

games222 (OP)

Just received my Gemei A330
« on: February 12, 2013, 03:38:56 am »
Hi, i just received my Gemei A330 and the menu is in chinese. How do i convert it all to english? Where do i download the emulators?

games222 (OP)

Re: Just received my Gemei A330
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 09:05:56 pm »
i figured out how to convert the chinese menu into english.

Right now, i am putting nes roms into nes folder, gba roms into gba folder, all of which are in the root directory. But the problem is, everytime i look in the gemei a330 menu, i see all the games are all mixed. How do i seperate everything. Looking at all the folder through my computer, everything looks like its seperated and nes roms are in the in the nes folder. GBA roms are in the gba folder, but when i look at the same things through the gemei a330, everything is all mixed together.

Trevor Belomont

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 09:15:28 pm »
As far as i know, the only way to get them seperated in the Games menu, is to load them off the Mini/Micro-sd card, wich supports subdivided folders.
Then a couple of them, the SNES and CPS-2 roms won't read from the card, so they'll have to stay on the system memory...blehhh, sucks, i know...

Well, at least the poor damn thing works, even if it does require some more extra troubleshooting.
It still beats most out of box, mainstream handhelds.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 09:17:10 pm by Turkish »

games222 (OP)

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 02:05:18 am »
Does this system Play super nintendo, neo geo and mame?

I tried to install the super nintendo roms thats end with smc and non of them worked.

I also tried tried to install neo geo and mame roms that are zip roms and non of them worked either. So i looked at the one rom that was preinstalled when i received  the gemei a330 in the mail which was king of fighters 97. The end of this rom ends with MVS file or rom. Am i suppose to convert all the mame or neo geo roms into MVS? I am confused here, all the roms that i have downloaded so far are win zip files, non are MVS files.

Any ideas what i need to do to get the neo geo roms working. DO i need to install a neo geo emulator or was it already preinstalled since i see king of fighters already working.

games222 (OP)

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 02:52:45 am »
never mind, i figured out how to play neo geo roms, i convereted the winzip file into mvs file and it worked.

the conversion link is right below, it converts any Neo Geo zip rom into mvs rom

http://www.dingoo-digital.com/downloads/applications/neogeo-mvs-converter-english-version

Now, if someone can help me with the super nintendo question that would be great

raygan

• I'm on Twitter and stuff...
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 06:21:12 am »
You need to update to firmware version 1.1, and install the SNES emulator that comes along with that update

http://www.gemeitech.com/View_Down.asp?id=157

You may need to google translate that page :-)

games222 (OP)

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 03:02:35 pm »
what type of movie file does the gemei a330 play? divx, mpg4, wmv??????????????

;)

games222 (OP)

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 03:12:13 pm »
1)  i tried to play some of the  neo geo games, but most games are choppy and its impossible to see anything on the screen.  About half of neo geo game that i tried to play had choppy video and the other half was normal. Do i need to do some configuration for the video to look normal?

2)  I can't play any super nintendo games. For super nintendo, , my roms ends with smc, is that the correct file extention. Do i need to install an emulator or does it already come preinstalled.

3) Does the gemei a330 play mame games? Do i need to install a emulator for it, or did it already come preinstalled?

games222 (OP)

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 03:14:45 pm »
You need to update to firmware version 1.1, and install the SNES emulator that comes along with that update

The firmware that i did was in english, the link is right below and its 1.1

http://filetrip.net/others-downloads/other-systems/download-gemei-mps-a330-firmware-v11-build-3-2-18-11-f24106.html

MightyJAK

• My tumblr
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 10:18:55 pm »
2)  I can't play any super nintendo games. For super nintendo, , my roms ends with smc, is that the correct file extention. Do i need to install an emulator or does it already come preinstalled.
I think SNES roms need to be in .sfc format.
For converting your roms, check out this: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/dingoo.cgi?0,0,0,0,15,567
My machines:
GBC,GBA,GBA SP,NDS,NGPC,Panasonic FZ-10 3DO,NES,Sega Nomad,Sega CDX w/Power Base Converter,PS1,PS2,PS3,Saturn,Dreamcast,PC (Win 98, XP, 7),Dingoo A320,Dingoo A330,Gemei A330,LetCool N350JP,PAP-GAMETA,GCW-Zero SE,Kyocera Rise,2DS,GP2X-F100,GPD G7,JXD 100,JXD A1000,JXD A3300,JXD F3000,JXD V5000,JXD S7300B,Hyperkin SupaBoy

Currently playing: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call (2DS)

yoshi41

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 06:10:51 pm »
Right now, i am putting nes roms into nes folder, gba roms into gba folder, all of which are in the root directory. But the problem is, everytime i look in the gemei a330 menu, i see all the games are all mixed. How do i seperate everything. Looking at all the folder through my computer, everything looks like its seperated and nes roms are in the in the nes folder. GBA roms are in the gba folder, but when i look at the same things through the gemei a330, everything is all mixed together.

In the system setup, you need to change "Browse Types" to "Directory Browsing" in order to see the directory structure.

I have installed the offical 1.1 firmware. The stock emulator (snes.sim) supports .smc roms, I have them in the folder smc. Try to delete the config file snes.cfg, if you have problems. Nevertheless, the stock emulator does not support transparency (required for some games like Zelda).

Check this thread for a port of PocketSNES (supports transparency) and SMSsdl...

http://boards.dingoonity.org/gemei-a330/native-ports/

Copy the files to your game directory and start the emulator (.cc file) in the "Applications" menu.
Emulator packs and fact sheets for Wiz, Caanoo, Dingoo and Pandora.

games222 (OP)

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 01:19:06 am »
snes is working, i didnt do any formatting in order for it to work. I just installed 2 different snes emulators and its working on snes roms that end with smc.

For sega genesis, what does your roms end with? is it smd??????????????????????

games222 (OP)

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 03:47:58 am »

I  just got the sega genesis roms working as well.

For CPS2 roms, how do i convert zip roms into sim roms?

yoshi41

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 11:22:15 pm »
For CPS2 roms, how do i convert zip roms into sim roms?

You can use the Dingoo converter...

http://www.dingoo-digital.com/downloads/applications/cps2-converter-english-version

I think SNES roms need to be in .sfc format.

That was necessary for the beta version (sfc.sim). The final firmware version (snes.sim) works fine with .smc files.

@games222:
If you have sfc.sim, download the official v1.1 firmware. You probably have a beta version.

games222 (OP)

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2013, 09:53:47 pm »
the snes and sega genesis is working perfectly now. I have a cd that has all the roms, but the problem is all the roms are not all in the same format. Some are smc and some are bin and some are something else. The same thing with sege genesis, there are different formats as well.

I still have not been able to find a software that converts the roms.

yoshi41

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 10:11:17 pm »
Well, look for proper .smc and .smd ROMs. They all work fine.

And make sure you use the official (final) firmware...

Btw. The CPS2 converter seems to have a virus. Run it in a virtual machine (using snapshot/rollback method or delete the infected VM after usage).

Trevor Belomont

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013, 10:15:06 pm »
the snes and sega genesis is working perfectly now. I have a cd that has all the roms, but the problem is all the roms are not all in the same format. Some are smc and some are bin and some are something else. The same thing with sege genesis, there are different formats as well.

I still have not been able to find a software that converts the roms.

Try here for the rom file extension converter...
Works great. :)

http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingoo-releases/pocketsnes-v-2-3-1/

games222 (OP)

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 11:07:18 pm »
i am good with snes. The cd rom that i have, almost 99 percent of the games are in smc format, so i am ok with snes.

Right now, 99 percent of all my games that i have on a cd rom for sega genesis are in BIN format. I need a converter that converts bin to smd.

All the websites that have sega genesis roms all have sega genesis roms in bin format, almost every single game is in BIN format, so hopefully the next version of gemei will play bin roms automatically.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 11:16:42 pm by games222 »

dcervi

Just received my Gemei A330
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 12:21:41 am »
Sadly, there's little possibility we will see any next version from Gemei...

games222 (OP)

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 04:02:01 pm »
i am in the US and i can't get any radio stations with the gemei a330. Anyone have any success with gemei radio? if you do, what settings did you use?

i only paid 50 dollars for my gemei a330 and so far i think its a great little gadget, i am very happy with. Even though its not perfect, its still a lot better than my dstwo that i had for nintendo ds lite and my ezflash 4 for gba sp.

I thought my ezflash 4 for gba was the best, but the gemei a330 surpasses that and its a cheaper as well.

I can go to best buy and most of the mp3 players that they sell for 50 dollars are not as good as the gemei a300 mp3 player, so i think for 50 dollars, i got a great deal. The bonus for me was to be able to play super tecmo bowl on snes, that alone is worth 50 dollars, i would have paid 300 dollars just to be able for that game alone. So far i am very happy with this gadget.

Now if someone can help me convert my sega genesis roms from bin to smd, then i would be very happy. To be able to play tecmo bowl version on sega genesis, which is the my favorite version, will be the greatest thing ever.

;D

« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 04:23:00 pm by games222 »

Post a new topic