• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Issue with SD Card  (Read 4795 times)

sonknuck23

Issue with SD Card
« on: January 16, 2011, 10:27:16 pm »
I can use the SD Card and access my music and etc just fine, but when I go into Single Game or any type to play a game, it freezes the system.

Any reason why?

EDIT:

It seems to be working now, weird.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 10:48:10 pm by sonknuck23 »

streigh

Re: Issue with SD Card
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 07:01:29 pm »
I can use the SD Card and access my music and etc just fine, but when I go into Single Game or any type to play a game, it freezes the system.

Any reason why?

EDIT:

how about saving state?

streigh

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 07:33:19 pm »

Any reason why?

EDIT:

how about saving state?

fwiw:  as ive said before - i have 2 units.  1 had lots of weird problems that all seemed to relate to saving to the microSD or reading from it..

after a TON of trial and error i finally determined that the problem was a flaky mini to micro SD adapter (the one supplied by gemei with my unit)

i recommend that anyone having intermittent issues with the "external" storage should try another adapter

SittButt

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 10:08:08 pm »

Any reason why?

EDIT:

how about saving state?

fwiw:  as ive said before - i have 2 units.  1 had lots of weird problems that all seemed to relate to saving to the microSD or reading from it..

after a TON of trial and error i finally determined that the problem was a flaky mini to micro SD adapter (the one supplied by gemei with my unit)

i recommend that anyone having intermittent issues with the "external" storage should try another adapter

I got save state problem only with games that have already a state before the Official Firmware 1.1.

A very weird bug and very frustrating ... i'm waiting for a patch for these to finish Zelda Link to the past and Minish Cap ...

Kryptofacist

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 12:28:51 pm »
My save states survived fine with firmware updates, but I am not using an SD card yet.
Maybe you could shift some files around and put your zelda games in the internal memory along with their corresponding '.st#' files. It won't fix the SD problem, but you might be able to finish your games. Remember to keep a backup.
If that doesn't work, you could send the save state files to me and I could try opening them. If it works, I will re-save them and send them back. It might just help.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 01:27:22 pm by Kryptofacist »
"The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real."
- Abraham Lincoln

SittButt

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 01:36:32 pm »
My save states survived fine with firmware updates, but I am not using an SD card yet.
Maybe you could shift some files around and put your zelda games in the internal memory along with their corresponding '.st#' files. It won't fix the SD problem, but you might be able to finish your games. Remember to keep a backup.
If that doesn't work, you could send the save state files to me and I could try opening them. If it works, I will re-save them and send them back. It might just help.

Good idea ... i'll test and give you some feedback.

Kryptofacist

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 01:54:54 pm »
I added your MSN, because it's easier to do this over IM.
"The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real."
- Abraham Lincoln

IguanaC64

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 05:33:44 pm »
I think there might be an issue with browsing to a directory with too many files.

When I just dumped all my NES files in a directory and tried to load a game from the browser it froze up.  I removed all the non-English versions of the games and then I could load games again (a very significant reduction in files).

It's weird that it would be a problem with the Mini->MicroSD adapter.  I swear the one I got with my A330 was a Kingston adapter (at least it was branded Kingston...who knows really).

SittButt

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 06:58:14 pm »
I think there might be an issue with browsing to a directory with too many files.

When I just dumped all my NES files in a directory and tried to load a game from the browser it froze up.  I removed all the non-English versions of the games and then I could load games again (a very significant reduction in files).

It's weird that it would be a problem with the Mini->MicroSD adapter.  I swear the one I got with my A330 was a Kingston adapter (at least it was branded Kingston...who knows really).

You can made a hardhand job of classification by name like all the games that begin with "A-B-C" in these ...
That what I made for this type of problem.

IguanaC64

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 08:42:35 pm »
Ah, yep...I did that as well to avoid this problem (but forgot about it until you mentioned it).  Thanks for the idea.

Post a new topic