Author Topic: is anyone else dissapointed with the a330?  (Read 12283 times)

rotation (OP)

• Check out my band!
is anyone else dissapointed with the a330?
« on: April 25, 2011, 03:08:08 am »
I really like this machine. Actually bought 2 and convinced some friends to get them. I didn't mind the screen issue or any small gripes..but since Christmas NOTHING has been going on in the dev scene. Here's a handheld with such great promise and no love. Such a letdown!
Anyone else feel the same??
Yinlips YDG18, Caanoo, Gemei A330,Black Dingoo a320 w/Dingux, White Dingoo a320, Xbox, PS3, another Modded Ps3, Wii, TG16, SNES, NES, Atari 7800, Genesis....even an FC Twin.

xiongxioi

Re: is anyone else dissapointed with the a330?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 05:14:10 am »
To tell you the truth, yes.
I am really pissed off. Those damn companies never care about us.
But, like they said, to be pissed off is better than being pissed on.

Frank_fjs

• My simple Dingoo web site
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 05:28:10 am »
Give it time, something will happen. It took a while for stuff to happen on the A320 as well.

Harteex

• * Administrator
    • Harteex Productions
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 06:47:31 pm »
I'm thinking of getting one :)

edd_jedi

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 10:27:36 pm »
I think it's great! It has the best build quality and feel of all the portable handhelds, as well as being one of the most powerful. Those are 2 things that no homebrew community can improve!

I just enjoy the systems/games that do work on it and don't get hung up on those that don't. Hopefully in time support will improve, it's only been out a few months.

1wiierdguy

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 11:27:03 pm »
 I'm not disappointed in the hardware but the lack of software is a bummer. Hopefully with the rebranded Dingoo version coming out we might see some more official support, maybe some tools so the community can start to do their thing.

SittButt

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 01:10:36 pm »
Me too i'm disappointed of the lack of software to emule MAME ... just so CPS roms but that's not enough ... I want to play to Tapper and Gladiator 1984 on my GA330.

I'm waiting for this.

edd_jedi

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 01:29:34 pm »
I must admit, I don't really understand what's causing the hold up. There is an SDK (albeit potentially unofficial, but does that really matter?) and the A320 has various open source emulators that would simply need a recompile for the A330. I don't know how to do it, but there's dozens of people on this board who do, so why isn't anybody doing it!? If, as far as I understand, all you need to do is load up the source in the SDK and re-compile it with minor tweaks such as screen size and buttons, it surprises me there's so many people moaning and so few doing.

I understand some people want Dingux but that doesn't mean the native stuff has to suffer!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 01:31:45 pm by edd_jedi »

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 01:41:41 pm »
None of the dingoo devs I know own a ga330, I believe that's why the homebrew is very slow to appear.

rotation (OP)

• Check out my band!
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 05:27:27 am »
Geez, maybe we should all pitch in, get one for a dev and hope for the best!
I'm not opposed to that idea at all.
Yinlips YDG18, Caanoo, Gemei A330,Black Dingoo a320 w/Dingux, White Dingoo a320, Xbox, PS3, another Modded Ps3, Wii, TG16, SNES, NES, Atari 7800, Genesis....even an FC Twin.

edd_jedi

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 09:24:06 am »

Agreed! I'd happily chip in. I downloaded the SDK yesterday and it appears to be all in Chinese (my PC couldn't display the fonts anyway) so perhaps that's another reason?

But assuming the SDK is OK, perhaps a group of us could buy one and then 'pass it around' the well known developers?

Kryptofacist

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 03:22:12 pm »
For some community development, I will gladly donate. That's 3 so far. If a few others also volunteer, it won't be much at all.

New thread for this, maybe?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 03:24:23 pm by Kryptofacist »
"The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real."
- Abraham Lincoln

edd_jedi

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 03:34:27 pm »
Might be worth approaching a known developer first (Reesy?) to see if they'd be up for it first? It would need to be somebody who's capable of porting a few of the decent native emulators, and probably prioritise ones that don't exist already (Master System, MAME...)

They might be interested for a free Gemei! :)

rotation (OP)

• Check out my band!
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 06:16:08 am »
Well, if anyone knows how to get with a dev, I'll gladly spearhead a campaign to get this off the ground!

Meneer Jansen

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2011, 03:49:25 pm »
Please do! I believe that you, being a mod, can also dev for it? Or at least you know one? The models named '(Gemei) A330 Fashion' and 'Gemei Games player' do not have the wireless connectability to other Gemei's but are very cheap. Take for instance DX (I know, people hate them but there're cheap and trustworthy): link.

The Gemei 330 really needs MAME (and, I believe, a better SNES emu).
Finally got me a new Dingoo after I Kentucky ~~::fried::~~ the other one. Yippee! [edit] And lost it!

Harteex

• * Administrator
    • Harteex Productions
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 06:33:11 pm »
Please do! I believe that you, being a mod, can also dev for it?

Well I ported SDL to Dingoo A320 so I think so ;)
But I'm too busy right now... maybe next month I'll have more time.

Kryptofacist

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2011, 08:21:02 pm »
Well I ported SDL to Dingoo A320 so I think so ;)
But I'm too busy right now... maybe next month I'll have more time.
You have no idea how awesome that would be.

Well, if anyone knows how to get with a dev, I'll gladly spearhead a campaign to get this off the ground!
Well as edd_jedi suggested, we could approach Reesy. If you want to spearhead, then I will let you send a message if you want. Here's his profile: http://boards.dingoonity.org/profile/?u=145
"The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real."
- Abraham Lincoln

nardich

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2011, 08:24:19 am »
I am also pretty happy with it, for that it runs MVS and CPS1-2 like a charm. Far better than Dingoo a320 at least.
But again, some new softwares would be great -> ports, emulators  for PCE, megadrive, SNES...
Or at least some fixes of the "official" software -> sound lag, transparencies for SNES.

hitchhikr

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2011, 03:33:37 am »
I ordered one of those a few days ago (with the intention to develop some stuff for it) dunno what it's capable of yet.

Kryptofacist

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2011, 12:34:56 pm »
I ordered one of those a few days ago (with the intention to develop some stuff for it) dunno what it's capable of yet.

Cool! Keep us posted.
- Abraham Lincoln

Post a new topic