Author Topic: is anyone else dissapointed with the a330?  (Read 13962 times)

Gausen

Re: is anyone else dissapointed with the a330?
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2011, 03:25:46 am »
Yesterday i place an order for two of this handhelds. I'm also supporting the idea of the nomad gemei a330 that helps bringing the developers goodness to us all  ;). Maybe some of the money gathered can also be used for a translation service on the unofficial SDK.

Gausen

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2011, 01:33:21 am »
I think that this thread can be important.

http://bbs.gemeitech.com/viewthread.php?tid=118346&extra=page%3D1

Can someone get a better translation than google?

Kryptofacist

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2011, 07:41:54 am »
I think that this thread can be important.

http://bbs.gemeitech.com/viewthread.php?tid=118346&extra=page%3D1

Can someone get a better translation than google?

I have seen other people on the Gemei forums saying the GA330 has been completely abandoned, but I have not been able to find their source.

For anyone that doesn't feel like posting in the thread:

And seen all the handheld
There is a self-confidence is called the a330
But now they have paralyzed a330

Song of the United States in the second month of release a330
Also out of the a330 Style Edition
Or flicker to return to the

Became Official Forum
a330 secondary exchange market
Plate handheld game the past three months
Who is not the fault of respiratory sound
A330 is not the fault of the United States was wrong song

A unsure of the product
Altogether do not flicker
Not been fooled for many years to restore the fan

To leave more of a silent
Sad are the hearts of 忽悠 two years and five months
Farewell to abandoned children
"The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real."
- Abraham Lincoln

Gausen

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2011, 11:18:04 am »
Thank you Kryptofacist. Perhaps they are only speculating, maybe there is no true source for this news.

hitchhikr

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2011, 07:14:08 pm »
Console received, first hello world compiled (and working) but there's a couple of problems: some of the console's buttons do not seem to be recognized by the kernel's functions (select, start & right shoulder), also i couldn't update the firmware (but that's not really a problem).

It looks like that console handles proper vsync (i disassembled the libraries of the SDK a bit and have seen that the API also provide functions for frames double buffering which is a breeze of fresh air compared to the A320) the emulators seems to have slowdowns/jittering though (even the NES one) & i don't know why yet (maybe made on purpose to reach 50hz speed ?)

I'll try to setup a decent & small framework to support emulators ports & get the ball rolling.

edit: buttons are properly recognized i was just using the wrong library.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 07:49:29 pm by hitchhikr »

Meneer Jansen

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2011, 09:06:05 pm »
@hitchhikr: might it be that .... that... there's actually development going on for the Gemei A330? Is there a dev kit (SDK)? Did I miss something? Are there applications going to be ported tot the 330? Is it going to be the follow up to the Dingoo?  ;D
Finally got me a new Dingoo after I Kentucky ~~::fried::~~ the other one. Yippee! [edit] And lost it!

Gausen

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2011, 10:59:01 pm »
@hitchhikr: Thank you so much!  ;D
@Meneer Jansen: Here you got the link to the SDK (not everything in the list is for Gemei a330):
http://code.google.com/p/mp4sdk/downloads/list
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 11:22:29 pm by Gausen »

HammerHeart

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2011, 01:50:12 am »
hitchhikr=HERO

"DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS!" -Steve Ballmer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMU0tzLwhbE      <---THIS!!

« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 01:52:43 am by HammerHeart »

Kryptofacist

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2011, 02:01:01 am »
Oh man, this is great news! You rock hitchhikr.
"The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real."
- Abraham Lincoln

SittButt

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2011, 01:15:47 pm »
Thank you  hitchhikr !!

Kryptofacist

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2011, 12:12:54 pm »
I made a new thread about hitchhikr's news because the title of this thread is fairly misleading to what is being discussed now.
http://boards.dingoonity.org/gemei-a330/news-of-some-development-for-ga330/
- Abraham Lincoln

BrendanSmall

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2011, 07:39:52 pm »
Got mine yesterday.  So far, there is NOTHING to distance it from my original pawed A320.  I don't run Dingux anymore, since all I ever played were the native emus.  I updated them, and let it be.  Now that I've discovered that an 8GB card works fine, bumping the storage up to 12GB (for some reason I thought it was limited to 8GB), I'm happier than ever.  The A320 screen is better, the A320 native emus are better (even pre-update), and the form factor is better (I like the side headphone jack, I use it as a media player...better for pockets).  The 'joystick' on mine is buggered though, which is why I took a chance on the Gemei A330.  Regretting it I am :(.

Anyone want to buy a white A330 fashion?  Firmware updated, lots of SNES roms included, and a 4GB card.  I'm going to snag another A320 and call it a day.

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2011, 11:02:14 pm »
At which price? And where do you live?

BrendanSmall

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2011, 06:33:29 pm »
I'm in Canada.  I'm holding on to it for now, I've got a Caanoo on the way and need something to use until it arrives.  My A320 works...but not the best at the moment.  The Gemei stays in my desk at work, and when (IF) the Caanoo arrives, it may take over A320/A330 duties :D.

erick626

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2011, 04:01:12 am »
I'm having all kinds of problems with my Gemei a330 fashion, paid $68 at dealextream, 68 bucks I will probably never see again. I own a dingoo a330 running on dingux...."WORTH EVERY PENNY!" runs everything I have thrown at it, no need to jump through ropes and hoops to get roms going, truly the MINI GAME KING. PAY THE EXTRA, STAY AWAY FROM GEMEI! >:( >:( >:( >:(

Meneer Jansen

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2011, 11:27:14 am »
I'm having all kinds of problems with my Gemei a330 fashion, paid $68 at dealextream, 68 bucks I will probably never see again. I own a dingoo a330 running on dingux...."WORTH EVERY PENNY!" runs everything I have thrown at it, no need to jump through ropes and hoops to get roms going, truly the MINI GAME KING. PAY THE EXTRA, STAY AWAY FROM GEMEI! >:( >:( >:( >:(
I think that you mean that your Dingoo A320 works jsut fine (w/ Dingux). You wrote A330. But don't worry, iIt's confusing to me too...
Finally got me a new Dingoo after I Kentucky ~~::fried::~~ the other one. Yippee! [edit] And lost it!

Kryptofacist

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2011, 11:42:04 am »
I think that you mean that your Dingoo A320 works jsut fine (w/ Dingux). You wrote A330. But don't worry, iIt's confusing to me too...

Nah, he means the DT A330, or "Mini Game King."

Sorry to hear you are having so many problems Erick, I have not had any problems like you have been reporting. I am also running 1.1 Build 3. I think you may have a defective unit.
- Abraham Lincoln

erick626

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2011, 04:40:08 pm »
Yes I meant  the DT a330, truly in love with this device :).  I'm afraid you are right, I will contact Deal extreme to see if I can get a new replacement send out.

thanks, erick626