Author Topic: I managed to get an account on the Gemei Tech forums + custom firmware themes  (Read 5537 times)

Kryptofacist (OP)

I remember reading somewhere that you can't register on the Gemei tech forums.
I just made an account, but I haven't yet been able to download anything. You need to comment on threads to use the download links, and as far as I can tell, newcomers get limits on how much they can comment.

If anyone wants to make their own account, I can give instructions.

go to http://bbs.gemeitech.com/register.php (don't translate unless you are running chrome)

Top box: username
Second box: password
Third box: confirm password
Fourth box: email address (may have to be hotmail, not sure).
box 5/6 (next to each other at the bottom): click inside the left one and type the answer to the simple equation at the start of the sentence. Then click in the second and you will be shown a captcha. Type what you see.

Hit the bottom button.

If you get stuck, copy/paste phrases into google translate.

If anyone manages to download something, please upload it somewhere easier.

*edit*
I downloaded a custom theme. It looked nothing like what the pictures in the thread showed. So be aware.
What I thought I was getting.
What I got.

After fiddling around, it took me to here: http://www.uudisc.com/user/a124356434/file/3858077 so I guess we don't have to upload.

The theme works ok. It didn't brick my Gemei so that's a bonus.

To load themes, just put the .HXF file into the root directory of the Gemei like you would any other firmware update.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 12:39:03 am by Kryptofacist »
"The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real."
- Abraham Lincoln

Kryptofacist (OP)

Re: I managed to get an account on the Gemei Tech forums.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 11:42:32 pm »
"The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real."
- Abraham Lincoln

cryoknesis

could one make some tutorial for those who doesnt understand chinese language... for download on rayfile and uushare....

and where on the gemei tech forum are the place to find more links with more themes to donwload...

and how to customise the gemei a330 firmware to make themes... ( i want to translate my gemei to portuguese) and put some images and change some sounds and menus positions...

Kryptofacist (OP)

If you copy the URL into Google, then the first result will give you the option of "translate this page". Alternately, you can use chrome and it will automatically ask if you want the page translated.

I found a few themes here http://a330home.5d6d.com/forum-14-1.html

Here is a tutorial. I haven't been able to work it out yet. http://a330home.5d6d.com/thread-1184-1-1.html
As far as I know, you can't add languages using this technique. But you never know.

*edit*
I found the unpacking/packing tools.
http://bbs.imp3.net/thread-963435-1-1.html
Just change the file extension on the '.bat' files to '.txt' open it in notepad, change the "GM2000.HXF" to "A330.hxf", save then change it back to a '.bat'.
I also renamed mine "packer" and "unpacker" because I can't read Chinese. You can tell which is which from what is written inside the '.txt'.

I might make a theme sometime if I find the motivation.

*update*
Apparently making that vague promise of a firmware skin was all the motive I needed.
Allow me to present the Super Mario 64 theme.

Available here.
http://www.mediafire.com/?x4ua8c97molnmv8
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z7LXTSKZ
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 07:59:39 am by Kryptofacist »
- Abraham Lincoln

IguanaC64

Wow...something on http://a330home.5d6d.com is blowing up both Firefox and IE when I try to use Google or Yahoo translators.  I can view the Chinese version, so I cut and paste the text on the tutorial into Google translator and saved it to a document.

Your theme says it's unavailable on Megaupload...was going to check it out.

Thanks for all the good info!

cryoknesis

My turn....

i am posting my first custom firmware for gemei a330 using the tools posting here....
The LEt Me in (movie) theme.. a vaccine for twilligth fever...

and triyng to eliminate the chinese language and mantain portuguese, english, and spanish language.. only on the device...

Code: [Select]
http://www.mediafire.com/?s1zy0qb36wimc06

Kryptofacist (OP)

Your theme says it's unavailable on Megaupload...was going to check it out.

I uploaded to Media fire. Try this. http://www.mediafire.com/?x4ua8c97molnmv8

and triyng to eliminate the chinese language and mantain portuguese, english, and spanish language.. only on the device...

If you manage to get that to work, could you please make a tutorial? I would be very interested.
- Abraham Lincoln

cryoknesis

Like i said. i just tryin.. using "winhex"  (thats the best hexadecimal progam that i ever found, for translation job without damagin the original programation..) (that is very very necessary) (be carefull with what you change on the firmware struture after using the unpack tool... (thats because that could brick you gemei a330) so keep the unbrick tool at had at last and if the worst happen (brick you gemei after upload a wrong changed firmware)....

so... lets see..

this is the struture of archives found after uncopress the a330.hxf

ccpmp_res (there will be 3 folders called)

-Codecs: (dont mess with this yet, i dont did that yet because i dont know how type of codec that gemei uses, if they are compatible with k-lite codec pack(in my plans i wanted to put some new codecs in this folder but i didnt do it yet.. i will wait and discover someting more before do that.)

-System: (this is the folder that we will work carefully, very carefully... in this folder we will have another folder structure see below...)

-Font (i think that is the fonts that the txt reader use, i just changed the simhei font for the swiss font. jut copying the ttf font from the windows and changed the name from swiss.ttf to simhei.ttf (gemei recognize this ). of default font for the txt reader)

-h6000nls ( is the folder with the language) they used freak names of arquives but if you have winhex you can find what language is find some key words...  so doing this way i found the english and spanish language (that actually i am working for translate for portuguese)... just a tip... whatch out using win hex just change text  side not the hexadecimal side and look for words like  S.t.a.r.t.G.a.m.e , S.y.s.t.e.m.f.i.l.e, etc  you wil change the letters betwen the "." so.. dont use space or acents... right? the language files is the files labeled *.dlx the english file is the "????.dlx" (what the hell is this name???) i am tinking right now...

-nls: (dont mess with this yet)

-fs: (dont mess with this yet, because i think is the file system config, so dont you dear to change nothing)

-tts: ( dont mess with this yet,)

at the last :

the RES folder: (here is that the changes will be made, if you want to change images like usb conect, desktop icons etc,...

so here is the file structure... remember the chinese dudes use the png format for figures and transparencies....

A - main walpapers, usb conect screns, charging screens could be found here...  (change carefully always mantaining the original file name.)

EXTRA - A fewer buttons and a kind of a alternate recharging screen sequence images whatever... change carefully always mantaining the original file name.)

GAME - here are  4  files that 1 is for the (single player , create server and search server screen, is called - back.png) created selected.png (is the selection of de text just a white circle in transparence..)  game_logo.png (is the logo gemei that popup when whe select a mode to play a game...  and the search_selected. png (i didnt see this chinese text transparencie on my gemei)...

OS -  (dont mess whith this yet)

SYSTEM - Is the sytem information and the  volume and dark brightnes of lcd screen of the system... i sugest to change only the "about.png"

AUDIO - is the folder with the music player of gemei a330 with all images that the music player uses... (change carefully)

FILETYPE - is the folder with the icons that gemei uses to identify diferents filetypes.

INI - (dont mess with this folder yet) i didint do it so dont do it... right?

PIC - is the folder for the pic show with all pictures that the pic show use for his menus .....

TEXT -  is the folder for the txt reader with all pictures that the txtreader use for his menus ..... (boring to change)

DESKTOP - (main icons of gemei a330, like game, radio, video player etc,)

FM - folder for the images used in "radio" player that never worked for me here in brazil.

MAINFACE - this folder has all small transparency images icons that the desktop shows

RECORD - is the images for de voice recorder (doesnt interest me... )

VIDEO -  folder for de  images used in the menus of the video player...

so if you made changes in any of these folders remember to  rename with the original name of the files (if you dont do this the gemei will not recognize the change as a native file and will do a wrong package process that will brick you gemei if you put this on your gemei.. ) and if possible backup the original files (in a folder outside the ccpmp_res folder)

remember always keep the unbricker tool at hand and always backup your files ( songs movies games texts).. right...

IF YOU DID RIGHT USE DE  WADPAK.BAT to compress the a330.hxf and put on your gemei a330 and update it...

tutorial finished...

VALEU MEU POVO!!!!!.... TRANSLATING TO ENGLISH =THAT ALL FOLKS!!!!!!!!

CRYOKNESIS - PALMAS -TOCANTINS  - BRAZIL

« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 06:26:16 pm by cryoknesis »

Post a new topic
Post a new topic