• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: I just bought a Gemei A330 and I can't access the emulators???  (Read 12695 times)

hiredgun (OP)

I just bought a Gemei A330 and I can't access the emulators???
« on: November 11, 2011, 01:52:45 pm »
I think that the reason I can't find them is because I bought it second hand, and the previous owner must have configured it this way. The manual is in Chinese, so it's not a big help, lol.  I was watching a video on YOUTUBE, and when the guy goes to GAME CENTER it gives him a choice of two folders, "local disk" and "extensions."  I imagine that local disk is where the emulators are, like with the dingoo, but when I click on either of the single or two player icons it goes directly to a list of games like Fatal Fury or Zelda GBA.  I imagine that it's previous owner configured it to be like that, so now what I need to know is how to un configure it so that when I hit the single or two player icons I get a list of the emulators to choose from.  I am trying to play the Megadrive Emulator right now, and I can't find it anywhere. I put the console in usb mode and all the emulators are on the disk, and I can also find them with the browser function and even access the roms I put in the MD folder, but I can't start the emu from the browser.  If anyone can please tell me how to change the configuration so that I can access the emulators (local disk I imagine) from the game center icon I'd really appreciate it.  I pretty much got this console for the emulation possibilities it has, and so far I am striking out big time >:( Thanks in advance, H.G.

Juan

Re: I just bought a Gemei A330 and I can't access the emulators???
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 01:59:29 pm »
I don't think you're supposed to (if we're talking about the same thing), you just access the game you want and the system launches the corresponding emulator to play it.

hiredgun (OP)

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 03:17:32 pm »
I don't think we are talking about the same thing Juan.  In the video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5rC5zxCwTc at the 3 min. mark the guy clicks on the game center icon, and two folders come up. One is "Local Disk" and the other one is "Extensions."  He then clicks on the extensions folder and two sub folders come up. One is NES for the nes emulator and the other says video.  He then opens the NES folder and his games are there. When I click on the game center icon I get two choices. Either internet or single play.  When I click on either of them there are a list of games from what it looks like the NEO GEO folder and the GBA folder, but I don't get any choice of choosing any other emulator.  I used the usb to transfer the roms I want to play into the MD and SNES folders, but when the lists come up those games are not there, which is really weird because the rest of the roms in those folders show up. So even though it looks like you are right about just selecting a rom from the list and the system launching the corresponding emulator, why don't the roms I add show up?  I am using .smc for the SNES and .SMD for the Megadrive. I am totally lost at this point. I do have a Dingoo and the menu navigation is much simpler. I don't know why I can't access the native emulator folders from the Game center icon, but it's not happening!!!! I'm open to all ideas, H.G.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 03:33:02 pm by hiredgun »

jagotu

• * Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 05:00:10 pm »
You someway have to change into folder browsing.

EDIT: Sorry, maybe this was for dingoo a320 1.6 FW
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 08:08:18 pm by jagotu »
Sorry guys for not caring about dingoonity lately. It was nice to be with you, and maybe I'll come back, but not now...

sq

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 06:22:06 pm »
first, what you're seeing in that "french ashen" (lol) video is an older firmware. the current ga330 firmware only have two items in the game center, not three. if you're also seeing three items in your console, update.

since you're seeing "Either internet or single play." in the menu, it means that you have a newer firmware. "internet" is where you'll find the following kind of roms: nes / snes / md / neogeo / cps1 / cps2. "single play" is for gba roms and games made specifically for the console. in both cases the adequate emulator will be automatically invoked depending of the type of rom, as juan said.

second, "local disk" refers to the internal storage space of the handheld, and "extensions" points to the memory card inserted, if any.

third, have you updated the music database? the last item in the music menu not only updates the music library but the game library as well. completely intuitive, eh?  ::)

hiredgun (OP)

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 06:37:36 pm »
first, what you're seeing in that "french ashen" (lol) video is an older firmware. the current ga330 firmware only have two items in the game center, not three. if you're also seeing three items in your console, update.

since you're seeing "Either internet or single play." in the menu, it means that you have a newer firmware. "internet" is where you'll find the following kind of roms: nes / snes / md / neogeo / cps1 / cps2. "single play" is for gba roms and games made specifically for the console. in both cases the adequate emulator will be automatically invoked depending of the type of rom, as juan said.

second, "local disk" refers to the internal storage space of the handheld, and "extensions" points to the memory card inserted, if any.

third, have you updated the music database? the last item in the music menu not only updates the music library but the game library as well. completely intuitive, eh?  ::)

Ladies and Gentlemen we have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LOL, thanks a lot for explaining it to me, now it's as clear as crystal!!! You and Juan were correct and it seems a lot simpler now.  Just one more thing if it's not too much to ask. How do I update the music library?  It's not for the music, but I would like to update the game library to see if the SNES and MD emulators work any better.  And you are very right, it's as intuitive as heck!!!!!!!!! ;D

Juan

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 08:02:10 pm »
"Update jukebox" under Music, I think it's the last item. Also, if you turn the system on before plugging into your computer, it'll automatically update when disconnecting.

hiredgun (OP)

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 08:34:44 pm »
Thanks again Juan, that did it.  I've been fooling around with this thing for about 5 hours now, and actually it's a pretty neat console.  The screen is big and bright, it's light and sturdy, buttons are fine, I just wish they would have put togeather some decent native emulators!!!  I have tried at least 10 builds for Sensible Soccer on the SNES and I get that stupid flickering black line at the top.  I have also tried 2 other SNES sims I found on the forum and the flickering is still there.  Then there is the MD emu, with all the "horse power" this console has, it's still horribly slow!!!! I tried the Gemei x760 LE Mega Drive sim I found on this forum, and it does give it more speed, and with the frameskip at 1 it's decent, but nothing compared to the PicoDrive on Dinux.  I am ranting about this, but all you Gemei A330 owners all ready know this don't you, lol.  It's still a great little console, but it won't make my "A" list unless they update/fix the emulator issues some day. H.G.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 08:43:19 pm by hiredgun »

sq

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 10:45:13 pm »
You someway have to change into folder browsing.

EDIT: Sorry, maybe this was for dingoo a320 1.6 FW
no, you're right in this case also; in a ga330's you can enable/disable folder browsing by going to settings > system setup > the fourth item counting from the top. sorry if i can't be more specific, since not only i'm running this thing in spanish but i've personally changed the language files for spanish/english/russian because the built-in translation is OFFENSIVELY BAD (that's it, reading that crap actually *offends* me and pisses me off)

the gemei shines playing media files -i'm still surprised that this little thing was able to play an unconverted .mkv in hd without a single hiccup- and emulating cps1 (flawless), cps2 and neogeo. worst emulators so far are snes and megadrive, so if you bought it specifically for that, i think that you should've researched a little bit more. honestly.

hiredgun (OP)

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 11:02:11 pm »
I'm just wondering about one thing sq, how can I tell what version of the firmware I have?  I want to make sure I have the latest one, although I don't know if that will fix the SNES issues.  Like I said, I bought it today second hand, and I don't have any idea what version I am running now.

sq

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2011, 11:41:18 pm »
settings > system setup > the first item.

latest firmware should be v1.1 - china chip platform feb 13 2011 13:48:16, if i'm not mistaken.

-----
edit
-----

unfortunately for you this won't fix the snes issues, since the firmware and the emulators are independent of each other (thus allowing crazy things like putting x760+ emus inside the ga330)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 11:44:18 pm by sq »

hiredgun (OP)

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2011, 12:39:05 am »
settings > system setup > the first item.

latest firmware should be v1.1 - china chip platform feb 13 2011 13:48:16, if i'm not mistaken.

-----
edit
-----

unfortunately for you this won't fix the snes issues, since the firmware and the emulators are independent of each other (thus allowing crazy things like putting x760+ emus inside the ga330)

Well that's the firmware that I have, so I guess that I am up to date!! And don't knock those "crazy things", the  x760+ emu for the MD works better that the factory one, LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!  BTW, I downloaded the Pocket Ness port, to see if it runs any better, but it's a .cc so I don't know how to set it up. Have you tried it by any chance? It would be really nice to have a decent SNES running on this console! ;D

jagotu

• * Former Staff
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2011, 08:29:22 am »
Rename to .c2s
Sorry guys for not caring about dingoonity lately. It was nice to be with you, and maybe I'll come back, but not now...

hiredgun (OP)

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2011, 05:15:21 pm »
Rename to .c2s

Thanks, if the console ever finishes charging, lol, I'll try them out. 

sq

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2011, 08:19:15 pm »
Rename to .c2s
not necessary in the latest firmware; .cc files can be accessed from the applications menu (penultimate item in the main menu)

hiredgun (OP)

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2011, 09:47:36 pm »
Rename to .c2s
not necessary in the latest firmware; .cc files can be accessed from the applications menu (penultimate item in the main menu)

Thanks, if the console EVER finishes charging itself I will try it out.  I've had it plugged into the wall for a good 10 hours and it says that it is still charging. The screen light has been  on the whole time, I hope I don't burn the thing out!!!! :'(

Juan

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2011, 01:19:19 am »
Takes me about 6 hours until it stops showing the animation. You should just unplug it and play.

DisgruntleElf

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2011, 01:01:57 pm »
Thanks, if the console EVER finishes charging itself I will try it out.  I've had it plugged into the wall for a good 10 hours and it says that it is still charging. The screen light has been  on the whole time, I hope I don't burn the thing out!!!! :'(

To speed up charging set the backlight to turn off in settings. Still 10 hours seems too long.

hiredgun (OP)

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2011, 01:18:37 pm »

To speed up charging set the backlight to turn off in settings. Still 10 hours seems too long.

You don't know how much I wish I had read your reply before going to sleep!!!!!! Talk about bad luck, I did burn out the screen overcharging it!!!!!!!!!!  I left it on all night, as I hadn't read your post before going to bed and it still had the charging icon animated.  When I woke up this morning it was fully charged, but at the bottom of the screen when it goes black there are a bunch of white lines that I don't remember being there before.  And I am sure I would have noticed it before.  When in game it doesn't seem as noticeable, but when it's black you can sure see it. I have gone to settings, but there is no option to turn it all the way off.  There are time increments and "always on," but no option to turn it off during charging.  I can't believe I've had the console for 2 days, and I all ready trashed it, I think it's a new record!!!  Man am I bummed! :'( :'(
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 03:32:09 pm by hiredgun »

Kryptofacist

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2011, 05:24:01 am »
I have gone to settings, but there is no option to turn it all the way off.  There are time increments and "always on," but no option to turn it off during charging.

When the charging icon is up, the screen will always stay lit. However, if you push 'A' you will go into the menu. Your Gemei will continue charging and the screen will turn off after the time you set in "Backlight Settings."

I am a little curious about the damage to your screen. Do you think you could send a photo?

"The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real."
- Abraham Lincoln

Post a new topic