Author Topic: I feen like a n00b but why dont SMS games work on my GA330?  (Read 3692 times)

streigh

I feen like a n00b but why dont SMS games work on my GA330?
« on: December 21, 2010, 09:34:52 pm »
I have a brand new gemei a330 (actually 2 of them) - everything i read says it should run .SMS roms but they dont show up.

also - i finally got .NES roms to work - they only seem to show up if they are on the main memory - if i put them on an expansion card it says no games found

and strangely - when i browse local memory - it also displays everything on the microsd card too.

documentation and support are non-existent, i truly hope someone out there can help

TIA!

clach04

Re: I feen like a n00b but why dont SMS games work on my GA330?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 09:43:17 pm »
For now, check out http://dingoowiki.com/index.php?title=Gemei_a330 (this isn't linked on the main wiki page yet) and keep an eye on the forum for tips, some one recently posted a tip about a "directory browsing" option that may help.

streigh

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 09:48:32 pm »
For now, check out http://dingoowiki.com/index.php?title=Gemei_a330 (this isn't linked on the main wiki page yet) and keep an eye on the forum for tips, some one recently posted a tip about a "directory browsing" option that may help.

thanks - i found that earlier - tried it both ways - its almost like theres no emulator for .sms

I also downloaded a .SIM for the a320 (dingear.sim) that was supposed to be great for sega master system and gamegear - didnt seem to do anything.

Has anyone tested any of the a320 emulators on the Ga330?

I have discovered that i need to rename GBC files to JGC or GBA  - cant really make sense of what the distinction is - they seem interchangeable so far

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 10:18:12 pm »

"IS NOT POSSIBLE!"

- Heavy Weapons Guy

They're completely different types of machines.

Hellblaze

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 11:28:09 pm »
thanks - i found that earlier - tried it both ways - its almost like theres no emulator for .sms

There is no emulator for Sega Master System yet....

streigh

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 01:59:04 pm »

"IS NOT POSSIBLE!"

- Heavy Weapons Guy

They're completely different types of machines.

Which is what i thought until i started seeing posts in GA330 forums that refer to A320 stuff.  I am just going to assume a lot of people are confused by the naming.

I imagine they will port fairly easily with the right libraries, unfortunately, they use both use .SIM

So then, what do you think that Dingoo a320 .SIM i put in there is doing when i reload?  I imagine i should delete that just to make sure but it doesnt seem to be loading at all or noticeably slowing startup

Frank_fjs

• My simple Dingoo web site
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 02:08:03 pm »
So then, what do you think that Dingoo a320 .SIM i put in there is doing when i reload?  I imagine i should delete that just to make sure but it doesnt seem to be loading at all or noticeably slowing startup
Absolutely nothing. The GA330 has an entirely different CPU to the A320, and emulators on the GA330 have a different file extension.

streigh

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 09:33:56 pm »

Absolutely nothing. The GA330 has an entirely different CPU to the A320, and emulators on the GA330 have a different file extension.

whats the extension for emulators on the gemei then?  I thought it was SIM, same as the A320 - my unit shipped with .SIM files, right where the a320 boards said they would be for emulators  - as far as i can tell the only different extension is that .app is .CC on the gemei

Post a new topic
Post a new topic