• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: How to update firmware to V1.1?  (Read 6672 times)

littlejoe7 (OP)

How to update firmware to V1.1?
« on: May 14, 2012, 07:29:37 pm »
I already put file which name A330E.HFX into my root folder of A330 and turn on but nothing happen.

Some one please help me out? I bought this because I wanna play SNES ROM.

Thank you

in this pic i try to reset it to default but it freeze

« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 07:45:40 pm by littlejoe7 »

Hellsing1

Re: How to update firmware to V1.1?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 08:06:50 pm »
Edit: OK, try deleting it again and putting it back on.

You may have t go into jukebox and selected update.

can't remember if that needs to be done

hellsing
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 09:35:25 pm by Hellsing1 »

littlejoe7 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 02:58:33 am »
I tried what u said but it doesn't work.

Anyone can help me out please?

hiredgun

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 05:54:59 pm »
Try to rename the firmware file to A330LE.HXF and see what happens.

littlejoe7 (OP)

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 03:25:38 pm »
Try to rename the firmware file to A330LE.HXF and see what happens.

still doesn't work. what should I do?

yoshi41

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 03:43:38 pm »
I did it on my Gemei's A330 + Fashion, long time ago. If I remember correctly, it was necessary to follow a certain order.

Maybe this thread helps...

http://boards.dingoonity.org/gemei-a330/gemei-a330-will-not-update/

Btw, the SNES emulator does not support transparency. Zelda for instance, does not work.
Emulator packs and fact sheets for Wiz, Caanoo, Dingoo and Pandora.

hiredgun

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 05:02:55 pm »
I did it on my Gemei's A330 + Fashion, long time ago. If I remember correctly, it was necessary to follow a certain order.

Btw, the SNES emulator does not support transparency. Zelda for instance, does not work.

Try it the way Sq describes in his post in the link that Yoshi41 cited.  And BTW Yoshi41, have you tried the PocketSnes emu by Cex.  It runs much much better than the native emu.  I haven?t tried Zelda, so I don?t know if it will work, but trust me, the emu itself is sooooooooooooooooooo much faster than the native one that you?ll thank me anyways, lol. H.G.

littlejoe7 (OP)

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 05:12:30 pm »

Try it the way Sq describes in his post in the link that Yoshi41 cited.  And BTW Yoshi41, have you tried the PocketSnes emu by Cex.  It runs much much better than the native emu.  I haven?t tried Zelda, so I don?t know if it will work, but trust me, the emu itself is sooooooooooooooooooo much faster than the native one that you?ll thank me anyways, lol. H.G.

what if i use a pocketsnes, do i have to update firmware?

i also tried to put a pocketSnes but my gemei could not see that file.

can u tell how to install pocketSnes?

thank u

hiredgun

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 05:48:15 pm »
In this thread you will  find PocketSnes done by Cex, which is an excellent emulator that runs at full speed with lots of features and a great looking menu.  http://boards.dingoonity.org/gemei-a330/native-ports/  It totally saved my Gemei A330, lol. Just rename the end of the file to.cc that comes with the download and go to the application folder on the far right of the main menu and then navigate to your  pocksnes.cc file then pick your game. It?s the next to last option on the main menu.  I don?t have my Gemei in front of me, so I don?t know what version firmware I have, but I imagine that you don?t have to update for it to work. Let us know how it goes for you, H.G.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 05:52:12 pm by hiredgun »

yoshi41

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 08:37:43 pm »

I had no luck with native ports so far. PocketSNES supports transparency, but is terribly slow with sound enabled. Wondering if others have the same issue.

SMSsdl is a great addition, but it's unfortunately a bit too fast. This is not ideal, at least for jump 'n runs (Castle of Illusion is one of my most played games).

hiredgun

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 10:37:21 pm »

I had no luck with native ports so far. PocketSNES supports transparency, but is terribly slow with sound enabled. Wondering if others have the same issue.

SMSsdl is a great addition, but it's unfortunately a bit too fast. This is not ideal, at least for jump 'n runs (Castle of Illusion is one of my most played games).

I almost never play with sound because there is always a lot of racket going on where I play, so I couldn't hear it anyway, lol.  But have you tried changing the CPU speed in the menu??  I raised it up a little from the default setting to play Sensible Soccer (which is one of the fastest running games you will find) and actually turned it back to the default setting because anything else was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too fast!!!! Try playing around with the CPU speed and see what happens. H.G.

yoshi41

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2012, 06:26:59 am »
I tried different clock speeds. As soon as sound is enabled, it's getting really slow. Are you able to play any game with decent speed WITH sound? Could you test it with some of your favs please? Thanks.

littlejoe7 (OP)

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2012, 03:45:26 pm »
In this thread you will  find PocketSnes done by Cex, which is an excellent emulator that runs at full speed with lots of features and a great looking menu.  http://boards.dingoonity.org/gemei-a330/native-ports/  It totally saved my Gemei A330, lol. Just rename the end of the file to.cc that comes with the download and go to the application folder on the far right of the main menu and then navigate to your  pocksnes.cc file then pick your game. It?s the next to last option on the main menu.  I don?t have my Gemei in front of me, so I don?t know what version firmware I have, but I imagine that you don?t have to update for it to work. Let us know how it goes for you, H.G.

I have tried to put PocketSnes to my gemei but unfortunately, my gemei doesn't have an application folder. what shoud Ido next?

hiredgun

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2012, 06:40:38 pm »

I have tried to put PocketSnes to my gemei but unfortunately, my gemei doesn't have an application folder. what shoud Ido next?

Lol,  My bad dude, I said application folder when I should have said ICON!!! It?s the next to last option on the main menu.  Sorry for the mix up. H.G.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 06:44:37 pm by hiredgun »