• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: getting prboom to work  (Read 3894 times)

seercouncil

getting prboom to work
« on: October 04, 2011, 02:07:11 pm »
Hello. I have downloaded the recent PRBoom, and read many posts of other topics, but I can not get further than a splash screen when executing PrBoom. I had to rename it to prboom.cc iso .c3s. I have put the WAD files in the same directory. I have a dingoo a330 le which has the same ARM processor as the gemei a330. It has the gemei emulators (NES, GBA etc) installed, so this must be compatible too.

Am I doing something wrong?  Maybe with the filenames? Or do I have to recompile the entire making some basic modifications first? Please let me know.
Thank you in advance!    ::)

Hagane023

Re: getting prboom to work
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 02:32:28 pm »
Do you know what firmware you are running? Check the about option in settings. Needs to be 1.1 build 3 (Date i think is the 13/02/2011) The extention you need is .cc (You can change to .c3s if you want but it doesn't matter) Select the application option from main options and then go to the directory you put it in.(If you have .c3s you need to select 'single game'- the one you would use to play gba, unless you a running firmware 1.0) No need to put wad files in that i know. Otherwise just search the forum for Cex's link.

seercouncil

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 08:58:14 pm »
My firmware is V1.01 as of 24 Mar 2011 - this is the system info. Maybe this device is somewhere between Dingoo A330 and Gemei A330  ;D The device itself shows the dingoo logo on both startup and the back, but has the processor and earphones of the gemei. I shall check this further.
Thank you!  :)

Peffse

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 02:45:00 am »
Wait, what device is this? I'm not familiar with what you have described. It certainly doesn't sound like a GA330.

sq

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 05:58:27 am »
Wait, what device is this? I'm not familiar with what you have described. It certainly doesn't sound like a GA330.

I have a dingoo a330 le

::)

seer, be sure to execute the application as soon as you switch on your dingoo. that mp4sdk does such a terrible job at managing memory...

oh, and be aware that this port is unable to load anything that isn't the shareware edition of doom (or anything that goes much beyond these constrains -- i've just confirmed that myself) so don't set your expectations too high

Peffse

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 10:55:46 pm »
I have a dingoo a330 le

Uhhh... Dingoo A330s don't share the processor of a GA330 AND have a forum of their own, so it's not a DA330.
So, again, I pose the same question.... what in the world is being described?

Harteex

• * Administrator
    • Harteex Productions
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 11:04:21 pm »
I have a dingoo a330 le

Uhhh... Dingoo A330s don't share the processor of a GA330 AND have a forum of their own, so it's not a DA330.
So, again, I pose the same question.... what in the world is being described?

Dingoo A330 LE is a Dingoo Digital A330, not Dingoo Technology A330, which means it's the same as the Gemei A330.

sq

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 05:57:32 am »
the a330le, as seen on dx

on the other hand, a ga330

clear enough?

SittButt

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 05:07:54 pm »
the a330le, as seen on dx

on the other hand, a ga330

clear enough?

The only diff seems to be the Dingoo Brand on the top !!  ;D

Peffse

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 04:30:15 am »
Dingoo A330 LE is a Dingoo Digital A330, not Dingoo Technology A330, which means it's the same as the Gemei A330.
Now THIS makes sense. Take note sq, this is how you help people... Identify the miscommunication, then address it in a calm and clear manner. Don't use bold 72pt font, terse words, speak down to other people and be a jerk. It doesn't help.

So, is this WAD problem the same one Cex diagnosed?
I guess we won't know more until seercouncil gets back.

sq

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 07:18:14 am »
 ::)

should i suppose that, if i point out the fact that you could've easily helped yourself by using the very terms i highlighted in a google search, you'll label me as someone worse than hitler?

good thing i didn't use italics!

seercouncil

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 10:03:39 pm »
Now THIS makes sense. Take note sq, this is how you help people... Identify the miscommunication, then address it in a calm and clear manner. Don't use bold 72pt font, terse words, speak down to other people and be a jerk. It doesn't help.

So, is this WAD problem the same one Cex diagnosed?
I guess we won't know more until seercouncil gets back.

OK, thank you for your help guys. Sorry for being late, i had to fight a bit with my ISP  8) Yes, it's the same as Cex's.

Post a new topic