Author Topic: Gemei A330 will not update  (Read 11272 times)

zhongtiao1

Re: Gemei A330 will not update
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2016, 02:58:10 am »
Hopefully.

I've built the first MAME4ALL for Gemei but it's not working yet. I'll have to see whats going wrong.

I'm getting the following warning after linking:

Code: [Select]
[font=arial]arm-linux-ld.exe: warning: cannot find entry symbol init; defaulting to 13800000[/font][/font]

Does the MP4SDK need dingoo.o? or an init.o?

Seems to be commented out in the link.xn file.

Using a link.xn with dingoo.o included made no difference, the program doesn't look like it starts or if it is, isn't getting very far.

Must be missing something...

Does the warning actually break MAME? Or is it just nice to not have?

Gemei may have specific configurations that need to be rewritten from their dingoo equivalents. A gemei.o for instance.

Sent from my Q5 using Tapatalk 2

slaanesh

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2016, 09:32:15 am »
Okay things are looking better, have a running executable now.

Shouldn't be long to get MAME going now.

EDIT: First game has been run! It's Ghosts 'n Goblins but the colors were wrong - will of course investigate.
I am assuming the Gemei is RGB565.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 12:52:54 am by slaanesh »

Drumaster

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2017, 01:01:08 pm »
Hello everyone,

I'm very excited to read that a new MAME4ALL version is about to be released (especially on Wiz, which I still use every day)!

slaanesh > What is the progress of this project? I'll donate for sure if this new version brings better performance and/or new cool feature(s) compared to last Franxis' 2.7 version. :)

dingooforever

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2017, 04:19:03 pm »

a new MAME4ALL version

Can't wait to try this and the new X-Mame on my Pandora, hopefully the wait will be not that long.

eltehero

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2017, 10:24:44 pm »

a new MAME4ALL version

Can't wait to try this and the new X-Mame on my Pandora, hopefully the wait will be not that long.

Apparently Slaanesh has been updating mame for a number of systems for a long time but no release. He is only committed to the Gemei A330 now so a new mame for other old retro handhelds might still be a very long way or even never happen. Hope I'm wrong though.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 09:01:18 am by van denhawk »

Post a new topic