• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Gemei A330 Unbrick problem  (Read 11096 times)

Sehiz

Gemei A330 Unbrick problem
« on: November 20, 2011, 01:39:43 pm »
Well guys, i brought a Gemei A330E Version ( Faishon Version, without Wi-fi ) And it's brick while i tryed to update the firmware. It's Ok...

I followed alot of tuturials how to unbrick, and everytime, something gets wrong...
Now, i have a problem...

On the step to connect the Gemei on PC, with the Down Botton, It's simply do not show anything connect on the computer!

Maybe the botton has broken? Or my Gemei Died finally?

When i do not hold any botton, on my computer appears the drive: "USB Mass Storage Device"

Help please! ???

jagotu

• * Former Staff
Re: Gemei A330 Unbrick problem
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 02:29:15 pm »
Have you prepared your SD card?
Sorry guys for not caring about dingoonity lately. It was nice to be with you, and maybe I'll come back, but not now...

Sehiz

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 03:24:50 pm »
Have you prepared your SD card?
i was having a problem to prepare the SD Card, and i solved this today. And now this happens  :(

I thought about buying another, I loved this heldgame

Any ideas guys?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 03:27:22 pm by Sehiz »

hiredgun

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 03:29:55 pm »
Don't give up hope just yet.  Follow the instructions in this link and you should be okay. http://boards.dingoonity.org/gemei-a330/black-screen-of-death/  In any case, keep us posted here, the folks on this site are very helpful.  H.G.

Sehiz

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 03:33:17 pm »
Don't give up hope just yet.  Follow the instructions in this link and you should be okay. http://boards.dingoonity.org/gemei-a330/black-screen-of-death/  In any case, keep us posted here, the folks on this site are very helpful.  H.G.

thx for give me a little hope :) I gonna try again...

But i think, the USB Loader ( Drive inside on Gemei ) Has broken, something like that.

I try alot of tuturials, but this one has images and makes the things easyer than others tuturials. check this out:

http://translate.google.com.br/translate?hl=pt-BR&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fa320.emulate.su%2F2011%2F05%2F10%2Finstr-unbricker-gemei-a330%2F

ps: lol "Anbriku"

hiredgun

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 03:43:19 pm »
I can't see how you can break the drive inside your console, seems almost impossible to me, but if that were true, maybe you could run the unbricking program off an mini SD card to make it work. Not sure, but seems like an option. H.G.

Sehiz

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 03:49:31 pm »
I can't see how you can break the drive inside your console, seems almost impossible to me, but if that were true, maybe you could run the unbricking program off an mini SD card to make it work. Not sure, but seems like an option. H.G.

maybe it's the SD card, no?
i gonna change the SD card, i was using a old Sd card 512mb, now i gonna try with 1g.

Edit___

I tryed to prepare with 1G card right now and look what happen!

And on the Russian tuturial says that be like that:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 03:55:37 pm by Sehiz »

hiredgun

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 04:04:54 pm »
  I have no idea what's going on in those screen shots you posted, I just got the Gemei last week myself, I think you are going to have to wait till one of the "veterans" reads this and responds, I'm lost now myself. H.G.

Sehiz

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 04:16:14 pm »
  I have no idea what's going on in those screen shots you posted, I just got the Gemei last week myself, I think you are going to have to wait till one of the "veterans" reads this and responds, I'm lost now myself. H.G.
no problem, i give me hope bro.

by the way, thx alot for your help :D

hiredgun

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 04:21:36 pm »
Maybe if you straight format the card normally with the PC, and then run the ChinaChip burn tool afterwards???

Sehiz

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 04:28:42 pm »
Maybe if you straight format the card normally with the PC, and then run the ChinaChip burn tool afterwards???
i already tryed this  :(

Maybe, it's my OP, I'm on Windows 7, and i do not have another computer to downgrade it.

hiredgun

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 07:18:24 pm »
i already tryed this  :(

Maybe, it's my OP, I'm on Windows 7, and i do not have another computer to downgrade it.

You hit the nail on the head, it's got to be XP.  Sq explains it really well in the thread that I posted the link to. At least you know that the console itself is not trashed!!!  Try to google "unbricking the Gemei A330 with Windows 7" or try and find a friend with XP.

P.S. Someone should make a sticky about having to use XP to unbrick, this is the second thread in two days about not being able to do it with Windows 7, and I imagine that in the future it will come up again and again. H.G.

sq

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 08:28:33 pm »
maybe it's the SD card, no?
i gonna change the SD card, i was using a old Sd card 512mb, now i gonna try with 1g.

no. the size doesn't matter (i used a nokia branded 512 mb microsd that i had collecting dust somewhere since forever) nor the o.s. used to prepare the card; xp is required only when *flashing*

format the card as a fat32 unit, using the default allocation unit size -- ie: explicitly say it so by selecting the first item in the dropdown menu. then run the burn tool using as the first argument the drive letter where your card reader is, and the second argument as "rom.bin"

that's all.

-----
edit
-----

just noticed this

i brought a Gemei A330E Version ( Faishon Version, without Wi-fi )

should i remind you that -in your case- the firmware image provided with the unbricker must be renamed to A330E.HXF?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 08:34:30 pm by sq »

sq

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2011, 08:44:22 pm »
took this screenie just for you  :-*

hth

Sehiz

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2011, 09:16:04 pm »
took this screenie just for you  :-*

hth

THX!  ;D i do not know how i thx u! anywaiy, well, it's ok with the card... Yeah, the only problem is how to Identify the USB Loader driver...

Tomorow i gonna downgrade this computer, i NEED to fix that thing 

and thx again, all of u guys   :)

I gonna reply if i fixed my Gemei :D

Ah, and i remaned the firmware file :o

____Edit

I Tryed again to connect my gemei on my computer ( Windows 7 ) And nothing happens ( With down botton pressed ) and i realize i do have a windows XP computer on my home, the problem is... It's my father computer and it's belong to enterprise, so it's has alot of restrictions. Anyway, i tryed to connect the Gemei with Down Botton holded on my father computer and surprise! NOTHING HAPPENS!  :'(
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 09:43:32 pm by Sehiz »

Sehiz

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2011, 06:54:38 pm »
nobody?

hiredgun

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2011, 07:42:04 pm »
This is just a shot in the dark, but try a different usb port or a different usb cable.  If that doesn't work, try plugging it in and then reiniciating the PC.  Not sure if any of this will help, but in the past it has worked for me on things like Mp3's and external hard drives.  Good luck, H.G.

P.S. I just remembered that Sq said that it's got to be XP with SP3, check and see, maybe your dad's PC doesn't have SP3 installed???? Just a thought.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 10:19:01 pm by hiredgun »

Sehiz

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2011, 08:29:02 am »
This is just a shot in the dark, but try a different usb port or a different usb cable.  If that doesn't work, try plugging it in and then reiniciating the PC.  Not sure if any of this will help, but in the past it has worked for me on things like Mp3's and external hard drives.  Good luck, H.G.

P.S. I just remembered that Sq said that it's got to be XP with SP3, check and see, maybe your dad's PC doesn't have SP3 installed???? Just a thought.

Before i connect my Gemei, i had checked if the computer had SP3 Installed :/  It had...

I gonna try to charge the cable and the USB port... and the Micro SD Adapter ( Inside the gemei )

hiredgun

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2011, 07:52:28 am »
How is it going dude, any luck?????

Sehiz

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2011, 08:30:11 am »
How is it going dude, any luck?????

I don't had any chance to try again, I'm studying a lot for exams on my schools!

But this  Thursday i will be free to it again  :)

thx!

by the way, do you have a gemei or dingoo console?

And i have a idea! To make a tuturial for whose brick your Gemei console, with images and etc...
On english, and most complete possible!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 08:36:45 am by Sehiz »

Post a new topic