• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Gemei A330 MAME4ALL on its way!  (Read 37920 times)

chevette

Re: Gemei A330 MAME4ALL on its way!
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2016, 01:29:57 pm »
slaanesh: Thanks for this great Christmas gift. I tried it out quickly and it's just like the Dingoo A320 version that you made a few years back. I used the Mame 0.37b5 romset. Audio samples did not seem to work. Sound was distorted in many games. Some games like Zaxxon, Super Zaxxon, and Congo Bongo were messed up graphically. Shinobi ran and sounded great! This Beta version is showing great promise and many games are running at full speed with good sound. So thank you slaanesh for a great release on the Gemei A330.

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2016, 08:05:52 pm »
I've only been testing with a very small subset of games.

Games which use samples should work - but I haven't tested any. I didn't rename the samples from *.zip to *.mz!

So you will have to do that in the Beta. I've fixed this already for the next release. Also there are many sample files that are no longer needed thanks to many updates i've made to drivers/

Zaxxon & Congo I will investigate! Fixed. Will be in the next release.

If you find any other issues, please let me know!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 09:09:35 pm by slaanesh »

chevette

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2016, 11:21:31 pm »
Ok slaanesh renamed the samples from .zip to .mz and now they are working. Thanks again

diogens

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2016, 07:50:41 pm »
thanks slaanesh. tried it. none of mature/adult games (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_erotic_video_games , 1 arcades) are showing up in any of submames', like gals series, fantasia series,
none of the slot machines neither like cherry(super-new etc.)/bar 5's-7's/butterfly/jingle bell - not showing up at all.
from the old stuff i tried exerion but it flipped screen clockwise 90' and its unplayable.
poker ladies seems to work well (at a glance) - happy that i played power spikes! seemingly flawlessly !!!! thanks 4all :)

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2016, 03:38:19 am »
Uh - H
thanks slaanesh. tried it. none of mature/adult games (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_erotic_video_games , 1 arcades) are showing up in any of submames', like gals series, fantasia series,
none of the slot machines neither like cherry(super-new etc.)/bar 5's-7's/butterfly/jingle bell - not showing up at all.
from the old stuff i tried exerion but it flipped screen clockwise 90' and its unplayable.
poker ladies seems to work well (at a glance) - happy that i played power spikes! seemingly flawlessly !!!! thanks 4all :)

Well, this isn't based on the latest version of MAME. And indirectly you raise a small issue that I will need to address.

Originally MAME4ALL is based on 0.37b5 - an ancient version of MAME.

My version of MAME4ALL is really very much updated. In fact *every* single existing driver has been updated to some degree - most up to Mame 0.84/0.105 standard. Many new drivers have been added. Literally hundreds of new games.

I can confirm there are no slot machine type games (I did look at adding "Black Rhino" but it was a lot of work and didn't go through with it). Some Adult games have been added:

Block Gal, Fantasy 95, Gun Dealer, Magix, etc. And certainly some others.

To solve the problem, I will create a list of supported games shortly.

As for Exerion, it's supposed to be rotated - and it should be playable! I'm playing it now!
Though the sound is not very good. Will investigate.

diogens

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2016, 05:07:32 am »
think most of these 'adult' games are puzzle games with soft pics :)
lady killer is a good classic one. i think i didnt see it showing up (but not sure)
anyhow, will be checking releases/relevant threads - sincere thanks 4(/2all) your(/their) work  8)
uae4all/caprice anybody  ;D
best wishes for new year

dcervi

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2016, 12:37:24 pm »
You did an amazing job Slaanesh!!! It's impressive how many games are working at or near full speed.

I've been doing tests with 0.37b5 romset, but I couldn't load any CPS1 game (crashes mame4all) and only few Neo Geo games work (most of them give bad rom message). I hope you can find time to make a dat file or list with the correct rom versions to be able to properly test them.

I also find sound too weak compared to other emulators, even at max volume.

Anyway, it looks fantastic and very promising. Thank you very much for bringing this to the Gemei!!!

Enviat des del meu D5803 usant Tapatalk

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2016, 12:58:49 pm »
You did an amazing job Slaanesh!!! It's impressive how many games are working at or near full speed.

I've been doing tests with 0.37b5 romset, but I couldn't load any CPS1 game (crashes mame4all) and only few Neo Geo games work (most of them give bad rom message). I hope you can find time to make a dat file or list with the correct rom versions to be able to properly test them.

I also find sound too weak compared to other emulators, even at max volume.

Anyway, it looks fantastic and very promising. Thank you very much for bringing this to the Gemei!!!

Thanks and thanks you for your assistance too!

I've found the issues with CPS-1 games so that will be fixed in the next release.

1wiierdguy

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2016, 10:38:05 am »
Wow! Was shocked to see Mame ported to the GA330. After a bit of digging around I managed to find mine tucked away in the shed. Only tried a couple of games so far. Captain Commando doesn't display unfortunately but Shadow Dancer is running ok. Big thanks to you guys for your work

yoshi41

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2017, 12:37:33 pm »
Do you have a DAT file please?

Can't test anything. Always getting no roms found error message.
Emulator packs and fact sheets for Wiz, Caanoo, Dingoo and Pandora.

dcervi

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2017, 02:08:40 pm »
Do you have a DAT file please?

Can't test anything. Always getting no roms found error message.
Did you change the roms extension to .mz?

yoshi41

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2017, 04:00:25 pm »
Yes, I did.

I was actually able to play a couple of games. Then I added some more ROMs. Now it doesn't find any games. Also deleted the files in the frontend directory, no luck.
Emulator packs and fact sheets for Wiz, Caanoo, Dingoo and Pandora.

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2017, 10:03:34 pm »
From the frontend, press <SELECT> to re-scan ROM list once you add new ROMs.

chevette

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2017, 01:26:17 am »
I'm lovin me some Frogger on the Gemei A330.......thanks again slaanesh.

Jutleys

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2017, 10:56:11 am »
Because of this release i waited so many years lol i had to buy a A330 now just for this thanks slanesh. If anyone wants to buy one now at a decent price i have put links up on the forum.

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2017, 11:51:54 am »
I've made quite a few improvements since the beta so will release a new version shortly.

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2017, 11:37:41 am »
Here's the clrmame.dat file to try out:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tnwywj7vrtp2x5w/clrmame.dat?dl=0

trasric

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2017, 01:37:06 pm »
I get an ''Found an incomplete datfile'' error from clrmamepro.

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2017, 09:06:15 pm »
I'll check it tonight

dcervi

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2017, 09:42:27 pm »
There's many <unknown>" definitions in the file. Replacing them by unknown" (without the angle brackets) solves the error.

I'm a total noob with clrmamepro, but I've noticed all Neo Geo roms are not defined in the dat file.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 09:53:40 pm by dcervi »

Post a new topic