• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Gemei A330 MAME4ALL on its way!  (Read 37461 times)

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
Re: Gemei A330 MAME4ALL on its way!
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2017, 12:00:59 am »
Thanks for having a look! Yes, that's what I get for not testing it myself, sorry everyone!

To create the file, I'm getting my Pandora version of Mame4all to generate the file.
I haven't had time to actually check the file using ClrMamePro, in fact I've not used it for years.

I've made the fixes to the code and will generate a new file tonight AND check it myself in ClrMamePro.

As pointed out, I will also include Neo Geo ROMs. The reason they aren't included is because there are two Mame4all executables that run on Linux - one for Neo Geo and the other for everything else. I think I will merge them together on Linux systems as it's not really necessary to have them separate on the more capable handhelds anyway.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 12:02:41 am by slaanesh »

Radioboy86

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2017, 06:48:34 pm »
Bro, seriously this work you are doing is just awesome. I am so glad I did not goodwill this Gemei GA330! :D

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2017, 02:04:21 am »
yoshi41 has pointed out some other enhancements for the clrmame.dat in regards to handling clone ROMs so will implement that as well.

Radioboy86

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2017, 11:24:12 am »
Hey guys I am curious how can you tell which Gemei A330 model you own? The Fashion models and others called Dingoo are not the same. There are even models without the Wifi 2 Player mode. This device is so confusing to me.

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2017, 10:23:30 am »
I own both versions.

My "fashion" version was originally v1.0 and I believe it was identifable in the system setup->about screen.
I've since updated it to v1.1 and it's lost this identification.

My "full" version came as v1.1 but I haven't used it for a few months now.
So can't really help you.

clrmame.dat
In the mean time I've created two new clrmame.dat files. Bugs have been removed, I've loaded them into ClrMamePro without error.

Both files contain all games which are supported by Mame4All Pandora - the Gemei A330 uses a 95% subset of these.
Each .dat file handles the ROMs used to make up the games a little different - you can choose your preference.

Let me explain.

Arcade games often get multiple released versions - usually for different international regions containing localization features.
The authors of the MAME driver selects one of these versions as the main parent game - the others are clones.

1). Parent Game: the original or most common version of a game. Often the US version of the game. ie. 1943.zip
2). Clone Game: is a variation of the associated parent game. The differences can be very minor or major. The clone game makes use of at least one ROM from it's parent game and often almost all of them. ie. 1943j.zip

Mame4All knows which games are parents or clones. A parent game must have all it's ROMs in one .zip file. A clone game may have it's ROMs in the clone .zip file and/or the parent .zip.

So, both versions of these clrmame.dat files treat parent games exactly the same.

This clrmame.dat treats clone games as parent games - all ROMs required to run the game are contained in the clone ROM set, even if they are duplicated in the parent. This makes clone games fully independent of it's parent but takes up more space.
clrmame.dat

The clrmame_split.dat only stores the ROMs for a clone game which are different from the parent game. This means the clone games will be fully dependent on it's parent ROM to play. The advantage is that the clone games take up less space. This is the method I prefer.
clrmame_split.dat
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 11:02:25 am by slaanesh »

trasric

« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2017, 04:58:22 am »
There is a problem with your split dat file. The parent/clone relationships are not correct and as a result the clrmame
cant let you choose the "split set" option. For example the Lines in your dat looks like this:

<game name="puckmod">
      <description>"PuckMan (harder?)"</description>
      <year>1981"</year>"
      <manufacturer>"Namco"</manufacturer>
      <cloneof>"puckman"</cloneof>
      <romof>"puckman"</romof>

And the right way must be like this:

<game name="puckmod" clone of="puckman" romof="puckman">
      <description>PuckMan (harder?)
</description>
      <year>1981</year>
      <manufacturer>Namco</manufacturer>

Anyway way it's no big deal.

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2017, 05:13:57 am »
No it is a big deal!
Thanks will fix it!

There's also still another issue with some file sizes being incorrect. Fixing this as well.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 05:29:28 am by slaanesh »

trasric

« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2017, 04:43:48 pm »
After a few hours inserting and fixing roms, cause the mame4all from slaanesh as i can see has a romset mix from different versions of mame, i made a full set of correct roms based on his dat file. There is 2914 games. Now its time for test on Gemei!

Also i fixed the wrong size issues in his clrmame.dat(no the split one).
Here it is:
http://www.megafileupload.com/cu8j/clrmamepro.dat

Again thank you slaanesh!

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2017, 02:12:29 am »
I've fixed my code too which generates the clrmame.dat file in the first place, so it should be okay now.

I might just stick with the split version - unless there is popular demand to have both versions.

Next step is to list which Modules contain which games.

This document will be generic and cover all MAME4ALL v2.0 ports.

dcervi

« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2017, 11:16:32 am »
Well, if the dat file includes proper information about parent and clone roms, clrmamepro will allow you to create merged, non-merged, and split romsets.

I personally prefer non-merged sets because I only want to keep one version for each game. IE, if I want to have TNMT 2 player version, I only need to have tnmt2po.zip (if I was using split sets, I would need to also have tnmt.zip, and they will appear as 2 separated entries in Mame4All game selection).

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2017, 06:02:44 am »
I've been away from the Gemei A330 code for a few weeks, bring the Dingoo A320 version up to speed a bit.

Good news if you have an A320 as well as I've implemented hardware screen scaling - which is very nice!

Now both the Gemei A330 and Dingoo A320 will have hardware screen scaling!

gapan

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2017, 11:57:17 am »
slaanesh's link on post #19 doesn't work anymore. Anyone has a working link?

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2017, 12:13:42 pm »

chevette

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2017, 11:24:17 pm »
slaanesh: just quickly tried out Beta 3. So far works fantastic. Zaxxon and Congo Bongo now work great. Exiting a game still takes a while. ROMS and Samples still have to be renamed from .zip to .mz. Maybe I have a bad ROM, but couldn't get Donkey Kong to run. All in all, this is a great new release for the Gemei A330. Thanks slaanesh for your 'magic'.

trasric

« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2017, 01:14:58 pm »
Maybe I have a bad ROM, but couldn't get Donkey Kong to run.

I dont have any problem with donkey kong, it running very good. Maybe if u show me the files inside the zip ill tell you what is wrong.

chevette

« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2017, 10:57:38 pm »
I tried a different ROM and it works fine now. Thanks trasric for your help. A very impressive emulator for the Gemei A330.....thanks again slaanesh.

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2017, 07:16:48 am »
Try some of the new games: macross, macross2, tinklpit
Loads of other new games too.

gapan

« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2017, 10:08:42 am »

chevette

« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2017, 01:09:41 am »
Just wondering.........what is the correct ROM set to use for this release? And what is the purpose on the included Mame4all.dat which is part of the MAME4ALL_beta3_gemei_a330.zip? Does it get copied to the Gemei somewhere?      Thanks

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2017, 10:58:50 am »
Just wondering.........what is the correct ROM set to use for this release? And what is the purpose on the included Mame4all.dat which is part of the MAME4ALL_beta3_gemei_a330.zip? Does it get copied to the Gemei somewhere?      Thanks

A good question.

There is no absolutely correct ROM set anymore. The Mame 0.37b5 ROM set is the closest (from the GP2X) and will serve you well for most games.

You can however create a perfect set by using clrmampro or some other equivalent tool to create your own ROM set.

You will need:

ROM sets: Mame 0.37b5, 0.84 and 0.148 (or later).
Dat file: mame4all.dat supplied
Utility: https://mamedev.emulab.it/clrmamepro/#downloads

Post a new topic