Author Topic: Gemei A330 finally received, having some problems.  (Read 3281 times)

sonknuck23

Gemei A330 finally received, having some problems.
« on: January 12, 2011, 01:16:40 am »
Awesome device, glad I finally have it, but just a few issues:

1. It says it supports .gba files, but when I put a .gba file in the .gba folder, I can't locate it on the system to play it.
2. It says it supports .avi files, but when I tried to watch a .avi video, it said unsupported file format.
3. When I try to play Marvel VS. Capcom after converting it to .cp2, it just goes black and then crashes by returning to the main system menu.

4. When I try to plug the system into my PC WITH a MiniSD Card inside, it wont connect.

Any idea on any of these? Oh, and also, do you know if there's any custom firmware running for the Gemei a330 and where I can get it? I'm looking everywhere and can't seem to find.

(also, is there a Dingoo A330 as well? And if so, I'm assuming it's different than the Gemei, right?)

Thanks in advance, guys.

1wiierdguy

Re: Gemei A330 finally received, having some problems.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 01:23:40 am »
1. Depending on what firmware your on GBA game should show up under internet or single player.
2. Have not had this issue. Don't know.
3. Try converting a different version of the rom(mame).

sonknuck23

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 01:43:56 am »
Ah, I got the GBA Game to show up, but it wont run. Same thing happens that happens with the cps2 game.

cato242

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 03:24:46 am »
Im having a problem with .gba files not showing upon my sd.  Can gba. files only be read on the gemei itself?

sonknuck23

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 11:38:09 pm »
All problems solved. Thanks :)

Strongwords

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 12:11:51 pm »
How do u solved your problems?

streigh

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 07:18:45 pm »
Awesome device, glad I finally have it, but just a few issues:

1. It says it supports .gba files, but when I put a .gba file in the .gba folder, I can't locate it on the system to play it.
2. It says it supports .avi files, but when I tried to watch a .avi video, it said unsupported file format.
3. When I try to play Marvel VS. Capcom after converting it to .cp2, it just goes black and then crashes by returning to the main system menu.

4. When I try to plug the system into my PC WITH a MiniSD Card inside, it wont connect.

Any idea on any of these? Oh, and also, do you know if there's any custom firmware running for the Gemei a330 and where I can get it? I'm looking everywhere and can't seem to find.

(also, is there a Dingoo A330 as well? And if so, I'm assuming it's different than the Gemei, right?)

Thanks in advance, guys.

your .avi files can be any of dozens of codecs - all avi are not created equal - try a video conversion tool - there are plenty of freeware ones out there

i dont think theres much custom for the GA330 yet - i am anxiously awaiting new stuff.

and you are right - the dingoo a330 is similar - but completely different

Post a new topic