• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Gemei A330 coming soon to Chinavasion  (Read 135861 times)

dingoo

• DingooBR
Re: Gemei A330 coming soon to Chinavasion
« Reply #260 on: November 05, 2010, 01:51:09 pm »
Chui ,

In fact, it seems the processor has changed  now to an arm 11 :Processor: CC1800 aka Rebranded TeleChips 8902/890X (ARM 11 Processor 600 Mhz Underclocked to 500 Mhz) . information from DDU from Gemei.

I've always seen this, before the A330's release. But, in this preliminary test, Booboo pointed that the processor is an ARM926, with 400 MHz. Honestly, I think that he can be equivocated.

BTW, I still believe that the processor is based in the TeleChips.
Dingoo Brasil - http://www.dingoobr.com

Chui

« Reply #261 on: November 05, 2010, 01:54:46 pm »
Chui ,

In fact, it seems the processor has changed  now to an arm 11 :Processor: CC1800 aka Rebranded TeleChips 8902/890X (ARM 11 Processor 600 Mhz Underclocked to 500 Mhz) . information from DDU from Gemei.

Are you sure? Now or at future?

Nope. Word I got straight from ChinaChip is that DA330 is based on the CC1800 and that it is an ARM926 based device clocked at 400MHz (maximum).

They also have the CC1900 (ARM11 1.2GHz) and the CC2000 will show up in Q1 2011

I am very interested about a ARM11 handheld. I hope that they will release it soon!

dzeer

« Reply #262 on: November 05, 2010, 01:58:49 pm »
it seems now, according to the post of DDU :
http://boards.dingoonity.org/other-game-systems/taking-pre-orders-for-gemei-a330/
first page, if i well understand booboo hasn't got the final version of the A330

to be confirmed.

darfgarf

« Reply #263 on: November 05, 2010, 02:06:12 pm »
unless they're completely retarded (not saying they aren't at all) the cpu wouldn't be changed at the last minute, as it would need the entire board to be redone, probably having to do things like redesign most of the power supply circuitry aswell if they're not very similar

Chui

« Reply #264 on: November 05, 2010, 02:13:54 pm »
unless they're completely retarded (not saying they aren't at all) the cpu wouldn't be changed at the last minute, as it would need the entire board to be redone, probably having to do things like redesign most of the power supply circuitry aswell if they're not very similar
We have to wait for releasing. At least, it looks as though they intend of release a ARM11 handheld at near future.

dzeer

« Reply #265 on: November 05, 2010, 02:54:02 pm »
i agree, the weird thing is  they pretend decode FULLHD ( up to 1080) , with only this processor arm 5 , without a good gpu  i really doubt.
also Chui finally did you work on psx4all on dingoo ? , i 've seen some posts about this on dingoonity and i'm a little bit curious.

onthebridge

« Reply #266 on: November 05, 2010, 02:56:43 pm »
I think that Booboo's specs are the right ones. In fact, after he stated that, the following reply was from a user called Justin B that said "This is so much fun being a reseller and trying to get proper specs and then finding out they aren't correct thanks BooBoo for the correct ones...... "

I might be wrong, but i think that Justin B. is Dingoo Digital Usa, so that ends the riddle.

And Chui, are you working in Pcsx4Dingoo? sorry, i couldn't avoid to ask that ...  :P

(Sorry if my english is not very good)

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #267 on: November 05, 2010, 04:40:59 pm »
Who is that lazy coder? If it is too slow, don't buy new hardware, optimize  ;)

ARMv5 is a slow CPU for developing emulators of modern machines like PlayStation or Nintendo64.
I'm curious about this, could you give more details?

flatmush

« Reply #268 on: November 05, 2010, 10:51:30 pm »
ARMv5 is a slow CPU for developing emulators of modern machines like PlayStation or Nintendo64.
I'm curious about this, could you give more details?

PlayStation and Nintendo64 both use MIPS processors so are much faster to emulate on a MIPS machine because there is little binary translation overhead.

ARMv5 is generally implemented with a low number of pipelines and lacking some of the attributes required to keep them full, optimal MIPS code can be faster for certain things, and GCC is better at optimizing MIPS than ARM from what I hear because it's a more classic style processor. Also MIPS has double the number of useable registers and a few more weird instructions.

Having said all that, ARM is easier on assembler programmers and provides a number of features that can be useful in optimizing code a lot. Inline shifts, conditionals and fast block copy are just a few of the good functions. As far as software graphics is concerned I'm pretty sure I could optimize my algorithms far better for ARM than is possible on MIPS, also since most emulators rely more on graphics throughput than CPU emulation speed, I'd suggest that ARM would be faster for the more modern emulators so long as there is no graphical acceleration available.

Chui

« Reply #269 on: November 05, 2010, 11:12:57 pm »
Now we are working on PCSX4ALL only for ARM machines like WIZ/CAANOO or Android. About DINGOO port, I would like working on it at near future but needs a lot of work because it is necessary re-write assembler code and this is a hard task. If next Dingoo/Gemei machines will be ARM based, I think that common sense is not work for MIPS.

gibberish

• Obscure Handhelds
« Reply #270 on: November 05, 2010, 11:17:43 pm »
the cold hard truth is that gemei a330 will not be capable of emulating any systems above those that the a320 can already emulate. there may be some advances on the ps1 emulator but nothing ground breaking. it's a device for enthusiasts and addicts, not for people who want something more than the a320 can already achieve. the only thing it really has over the a320 is a much improved aesthetic.

laurent0977

« Reply #271 on: November 05, 2010, 11:48:06 pm »
Hi

The ideal would be to have an psx emulator with the sound and 25-30 fps on new dingoo a330. I like play with psx4all dingoo (440 overclock and swap file) with formula one and ray tracer.

:D

Bye

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #272 on: November 05, 2010, 11:52:08 pm »
PS1 is definitely possible on the gemei a330. Remember that the a320 does not have any GPU...

Chui

« Reply #273 on: November 06, 2010, 09:35:11 am »
It is needed much CPU for emulate a CPU at 33MHz, GTE and GPU with or without drawing primitives. Actually, I think that the main problem with WIZ/CAANOO is the small CPU cache and the bus/memory speed. It is my opinion: Why WIZ/CAANOO at 800MHz is twice more slow that ODROID-S with 1000MHz with PCSX4ALL using the same compilations flags?

Maybe the ARMv5 of firsts Gemei330 will have more CPU cache and a fast bus/memory, but it is unusual for saving battery and money.

We have to wait for knowing the specs and if BOOBOO gets to  adapt DINGUX to this machine.

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #274 on: November 06, 2010, 11:22:32 am »
Come on, dreamcast did it at 200MHz :)
And I doubt the SH-4 outperform the CPU of both the a330 or the Canoo.
Well, the SH-4 has a FPU, I suppose it helps for the GTE/GPU... But still, that's a big difference... Just look at SNES emulation on those consoles, I guess you know what I mean :)

laurent0977

« Reply #275 on: November 06, 2010, 01:38:07 pm »
wait and see  :D

I think it is possible ask bobo more spec of dingoo a330. Gemei sent a machine last week at bobo ?

Laurent

RodrigoCard

• Mac Joystick Apps
« Reply #276 on: November 06, 2010, 02:06:18 pm »
Come on, dreamcast did it at 200MHz :)
And I doubt the SH-4 outperform the CPU of both the a330 or the Canoo.
Well, the SH-4 has a FPU, I suppose it helps for the GTE/GPU... But still, that's a big difference... Just look at SNES emulation on those consoles, I guess you know what I mean :)

SH processors are crazy powerful things!
This is why Saturn emulators require almost the same specs of a DC emu :P

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #277 on: November 06, 2010, 03:17:07 pm »
The SuperH processors are not beasts.

The Saturn is difficult to emulate because of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_saturn#Technical_specifications

And I don't understand your comparison between Saturn emus and Dreamcast emus. Both systems use SuperH processors...

onthebridge

« Reply #278 on: November 06, 2010, 06:40:59 pm »
Now we are working on PCSX4ALL only for ARM machines like WIZ/CAANOO or Android. About DINGOO port, I would like working on it at near future but needs a lot of work because it is necessary re-write assembler code and this is a hard task. If next Dingoo/Gemei machines will be ARM based, I think that common sense is not work for MIPS.

Thanks for replying the question Chui, although the answer doesn't suit my desires  :)

Anyway, hope that some coder at some point will port your awesome work to Dingoo

tintami

« Reply #279 on: November 06, 2010, 07:38:34 pm »
the cold hard truth is that gemei a330 will not be capable of emulating any systems above those that the a320 can already emulate. there may be some advances on the ps1 emulator but nothing ground breaking. it's a device for enthusiasts and addicts, not for people who want something more than the a320 can already achieve. the only thing it really has over the a320 is a much improved aesthetic.

True but if it also has a) consistent build quality  b) none of the fakes & clones confusion  c) occasional firmware updates and bug fixes  d) some general sort of support from gemei rather than the usual Chinese pmp "release & forget"... then it will have have some serious advantages over the A320.

john

Post a new topic
Post a new topic