• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Gemei A330 coming soon to Chinavasion  (Read 135888 times)

mrzilch

Re: Gemei A330 coming soon to Chinavasion
« Reply #140 on: September 27, 2010, 02:56:50 am »
Hi all,

Quick update with a little more information.

Internet games = downloaded games, not games played over the internet.

The L + R bumpers appear to be working for most if not all games (past dingoo's etc didn't always benefit from this)

I played double dragon and final fight. Both play well on here.

The display is rectangular, not square.

There is TV out, headphones and micro usb connections at the top.

As for questions about SDK's, in time we will ask the manufacturer, but as you know they are very secretive about the chipset etc.

double dragon and final fight also play quite well on the old dingoo though... nothing new here

in my opinion you should test such games as

- X-men vs Street Fighter
- Marvel Superheroes
- Marvel VS Capcom
- King of Fighters 2003
these games are slow and unplayable on the original dingoo native firmware
if these games run well on the gemei a330 (no slowdown or frame skipping)...

then we have a winner!

Harteex

• * Administrator
    • Harteex Productions
« Reply #141 on: September 27, 2010, 09:10:12 pm »
@mrzilch: A russian user, from emulate.su site, had discovered and later published about this on saturday. Shortly after this, the russian fansite of Dingoo and us, from Dingoo Brasil, published also this. It seems very hot this SDK!

I've been looking at their google code page for quite a while and this was a nice surprise. Haven't had time to play around with it though.
It just a shame it seems like some parts are not open source.

RoseLi-Chinavasion

« Reply #142 on: September 28, 2010, 02:48:46 am »
Non stop use runs the battery down in 5+ hours, not too shabby at all and its external memory is based on a mini SD card.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 03:04:15 am by RoseLi-Chinavasion »

darfgarf

« Reply #143 on: September 28, 2010, 08:53:44 am »
not too shabby at all

not really, that's pretty pathetic compared to most handhelds, and quite a lot of laptops these days

quartercast

« Reply #144 on: September 28, 2010, 10:15:25 am »
Similar to Caanoo isn't it? 5+ -> could be 6 or 7 which is not bad

R0M4N

« Reply #145 on: September 30, 2010, 04:28:48 pm »
Gooooood news:
"The" dingux-inventor is back and already working on a "limei" or whatever (linux vor gemei a330  ;))

Quote from: BooBoo (on http://www.dingux.com/2010/09/back.html)
Hi all,

Yes, I'm alive. I'll develop later a bit on what's happened for the last year, but first I'd like to apologize to all those disappointed by the sudden stop in A320/x760+ development. (...)

Now for the blast:

I have now sometime to work again on dingux.
Someone from ChinaChip, from the team that developed the A320, contacted me.
They want to support dingux development for the A330.
They will provide hardware info on the A320.
They will provide hardware info on the A330.
They will provide couple of A330 machines.

They already provided schematics and some source code for the x760+.
They will try to provide a second x760+.

Bam.

The A320 is legacy and is no longer being manufactured (plus there seem to be quite a bunch of knock-offs), so they want to focus on the A330. The A330 is based on an ARM SoC (CC1800) for which, as far as I know, there's not already a linux port (as opposed to the Ingenic SoCs)... so this might be a bit off my skills. We'll see. (...)

Hate to say this, but don't hold your breath. Now I have some time and I'm very motivated (the ChinaChip support is a blast), but my personal situation might change at any time and the job that pays the bills will always be the topmost priority. (...)

protomank

• Rockbot Game Engine
« Reply #146 on: September 30, 2010, 04:45:39 pm »
Cool. Even if he can not manage to have time to work on it, if he publishes the hardware information, good things will come.
And I was happy to see that they will give hardware info also for a320, could this mean better dingux support for things as sleep mode?
Rockbot Lead game designer.

gibberish

• Obscure Handhelds
« Reply #147 on: September 30, 2010, 05:27:19 pm »
That news is almost unbelievable, 2 awesome developments in one post - the return of booboo and some solid support from a chinese chip manufacturer. What could be better? With support from chinachip and a dedicated guy like booboo on the case the a330 is looking great. I believe you yanks would say "stoked" :-)

dingoo

• DingooBR
« Reply #148 on: September 30, 2010, 06:29:34 pm »
I'm very glad to see and read a such great news! Probably they contacted booboo thanks for the e-mail that my friend, Thiago Zolini, has received from them. They thought that we, from Dingoo Brasil, was the Dingux's authors. But Zolini replied back, indicating that was booboo who created Dingux, and provided for them a way to contact him and, then, as you can see, we're reading a such fantastic news!

For me, this news, was like a "shut up" for those that wasn't believing in the A330's potential.
Dingoo Brasil - http://www.dingoobr.com

mrzilch

« Reply #149 on: September 30, 2010, 06:33:36 pm »
that is awesome news!

so it is the end of the road for the dingoo a320? it has stopped production which means pretty soon our beloved dingoo's will be rare species - but i guess if the gemei a330 is vastly superior and one day can have linux there is really no need for the dingoo anymore?

darfgarf

« Reply #150 on: September 30, 2010, 08:20:59 pm »
Someone will keep making dingoos, as lots of different companies seem to have the schematic, and the 330 really needs a longer battery life

jusme

« Reply #151 on: September 30, 2010, 08:35:11 pm »
does anybody think cps3 will be possible on this? i know its a tall order as xbox can only just handle it but i would love a handheld that i can play sf3  :D

« Reply #152 on: September 30, 2010, 08:38:35 pm »
that is awesome news!

so it is the end of the road for the dingoo a320? it has stopped production which means pretty soon our beloved dingoo's will be rare species

No, Dingoo Tech will probably still make A320s (and THEIR A330s... which are pretty much A320s). And they are just as good. Except for the native Neogeo thing.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 03:37:19 am by Jesse »

Orion4874

« Reply #153 on: September 30, 2010, 10:29:31 pm »
Absolutely awsome, best news I've read all day. If he doesn't manage to get Dingux running on the A330 maybe he can take a look at the Letcool? But hopefully that won't be necessary!!! Welcome back!

BonesCollector

« Reply #154 on: October 01, 2010, 04:00:13 pm »
BooBoo is back:

http://www.dingux.com/2010/09/back.html

"Now for the blast:

I have now sometime to work again on dingux.
Someone from ChinaChip, from the team that developed the A320, contacted me.
They want to support dingux development for the A330.
They will provide hardware info on the A320.
They will provide hardware info on the A330.
They will provide couple of A330 machines.
They already provided schematics and some source code for the x760+.
They will try to provide a second x760+.

Bam."

santino

« Reply #155 on: October 01, 2010, 06:13:59 pm »
Wow booboo is there again, never thought this would be possible at all, but if he gets dingux running on the a330 again, i will buy one for sure! Booboo if you will read this, welcome back! And I hope chinachip will give you some cash for porting linux. ;)

kswildside

« Reply #156 on: October 01, 2010, 06:33:27 pm »
If production of the A320 was happening I would think Shenzhen Dingoo Digital would tell it's resellers that production had stopped

R0M4N

« Reply #157 on: October 01, 2010, 07:47:43 pm »
@BonesCollector: I posted the same news here already yesterday...  ???

@dingoo-digital-usa: wasn't there the theory that you are in touch with the dingoo-digital-workers, that left DD and founded DT...? :-\
it's like darfgarf and jesse said:

so it is the end of the road for the dingoo a320? it has stopped production which means pretty soon our beloved dingoo's will be rare species
No, Dingoo Tech will probably still make A320s (and THEIR A330s... which are pretty much A320s). And they are just as good. Except for the native Neogeo thing.

kswildside

« Reply #158 on: October 02, 2010, 10:48:11 pm »
@ROM4N

Read this below for clarification I get my A320 from Shenzhen Dingoo Digital

http://boards.dingoonity.org/the-rumor-mill/hmmm-hmmm-hmmm-let-me-clear-my-throat-and-clarify/

R0M4N

« Reply #159 on: October 03, 2010, 01:17:20 pm »
thanks for the link.
in that case I see even less contradiction...
as you said, DD didn't care (or hadn't people left with English skills) to clarify to you even months later.
what I'm saying:
if booboo got the information that the a320 won't be manufactured anymore, the fact that a Chinese manufacturer like DD doesn't care to inform their resellers in america about that, is not really a proof that the information booboo got is false...
(I hope that sentence was understandable  :-[)

that's what I'd say... anyway, time will tell.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic