• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Gemei A330 coming soon to Chinavasion  (Read 135786 times)

TarMil

Re: Gemei A330 coming soon to Chinavasion
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2010, 12:53:15 pm »
Support for two or more people online to battle
[...]
OTG: Support
\o/
If they work well, I'll probably get one as soon as my finances follow.

RodrigoCard

• Mac Joystick Apps
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2010, 02:38:17 pm »

OTG: Support

OTG means USB OTG ? :D

WiFi AND OTG!!!!
I Will get one as soon as I can.

Thanks for listening your costumers.

by the way: make it easy to get linux running ok? :)

gibberish

• Obscure Handhelds
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2010, 02:57:44 pm »
by the way: make it easy to get linux running ok? :)

Linux probably won't ever happen on this, we'd better hope Gemei supports us themselves (ha ha).

orakio_rob

« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2010, 03:38:20 pm »
If the Gemei A330 turns out to be what I think it will be, which is a slightly improved, re-dressed Dingoo A320 (better shoulder buttons, a nice looking case and hopefully still nice d-pad & buttons) with a faster CPU, identical software & updated frimware, then I will be happy.

I'm with you on this one.

Isn't that what they all are... cheap pmp's? That's why we like them.

And on this one too :)

Linux probably won't ever happen on this, we'd better hope Gemei supports us themselves (ha ha).

... why do you say that?

darfgarf

« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2010, 03:47:01 pm »
if we see decent support (linux or not) from gamei i'll write a game/program with any and every feature people request, on a live web stream, with a bottle of vodka  ;D

(has to be decent support, i reserve the right to change that statement at any time :P)

dingoo

• DingooBR
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2010, 03:50:28 pm »
if we see decent support (linux or not) from gamei i'll write a game/program with any and every feature people request, on a live web stream, with a bottle of vodka  ;D

(has to be decent support, i reserve the right to change that statement at any time :P)

Haha, that's a good deal.  :D
Dingoo Brasil - http://www.dingoobr.com

gibberish

• Obscure Handhelds
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2010, 04:02:14 pm »

... why do you say that?

how many chinese handhelds have had linux hacked onto them? as far as i know it is the dingoo only. why do you suppose that is? it's because ingenic (the company that made the CPU) have an ftp site full of useful information that coders can use when working. without that info, linux would probably would nevcer have happened.

the company behind the CPU in the gemei a330 is chinachip, and they are one of the most secretive of all Chinese firms when it comes to giving away info on their processors. they give away pretty much nothing, making a coders work almost impossibly hard.

i'm not saying it definitely won't happen, but it is very unlikely.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 04:09:52 pm by gibberish »

Frank_fjs

• My simple Dingoo web site
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2010, 04:16:19 pm »

I didn't interpret this to mean 'online' functionality. I would suggest that they're saying you can hook two consoles up together. This would still make me very happy.

I know it says 'online' but these companies have a tendency of using the wrong wording if you know what I mean. I might be wrong, hope that I am.

orakio_rob

« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2010, 04:24:16 pm »
how many chinese handhelds have had linux hacked onto them? as far as i know it is the dingoo only. why do you suppose that is? it's because ingenic (the company that made the CPU) have an ftp site full of useful information that coders can use when working. without that info, linux would probably would nevcer have happened.

the company behind the CPU in the gemei a330 is chinachip, and they are one of the most secretive of all Chinese firms when it comes to giving away info on their processors. they give away pretty much nothing, making a coders work almost impossibly hard.

i'm not saying it definitely won't happen, but it is very unlikely.

Thanks for the info, I didn't know about that.

Anyway, let's hope they will release some kind of information for developers... Alekmaul did some amazing things on Dingoo's native system.

R0M4N

« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2010, 09:43:16 pm »
i realy love the design. i'm sure this thing veeeeeery comfortable to play with.
and the new black... arrrrrw  ;D

I didn't interpret this to mean 'online' functionality. I would suggest that they're saying you can hook two consoles up together. This would still make me very happy.

I know it says 'online' but these companies have a tendency of using the wrong wording if you know what I mean. I might be wrong, hope that I am.

On many chinese sites people state that the a330 will have "Dual 2.4G Wireless-technologie"
also dingoo TECHNOLIGIE is said to support the gemei a330 with their 3D-games we already know from a320 (such as "Seven Nights", "World Road 2", "3D-Drift Racing"...) 1)
 - so for me the gemei a330 seams to be what dingoo digital said to be the "a320e using the China Chip CC1800" - so maybe again a name-confusion...

anyway - now i'd like to know how they use the wireless - would be genious if you could play with emus (eg gba-games) together, but quite useless if its only embeddedfor a few "3d selfmade games"...
and (of course) if theirs a way to programm on it / get linux on it...  ???

1) talked about eg here (chinese):
http://bbs.imp3.net/thread-885509-1-1.html
http://www.gemeitech.com/bbs/thread-82342-1-1.html

RodrigoCard

• Mac Joystick Apps
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2010, 02:44:11 am »
how many chinese handhelds have had linux hacked onto them? as far as i know it is the dingoo only. (...)

As far as I know Dingoo is the most sucessful chinese gaming Pmp so far, right?
This is because of the linux community passion...

Are you reading this Dingoo Digital people? I hope so, because this is the truth.

EDIT: sleepy typos :P
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 02:34:54 pm by RodrigoCard »

Grammer

« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2010, 06:07:48 pm »
Mates, but if the new console won't have linux and sdk, it wouldn't be opensource.It would be very sad I think,because we won't get lots of interesting games and emulators.And AFAIR, when dingoo first came, it's emulators were not so cool... From now,it looks like a big downstep imo,which is really sad

R0M4N

« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2010, 09:20:13 pm »
well as I said, I think the gemei a330 will be the same machine as the stated dingoo a320+/e.
(especially because DT is said to support the gemei a330 with games...)

and in in another post 1) a "dingoo technologie rep" wrote about their new handheld:

Quote from: dingootech
1,Higher speed/better CPU(Chip).
2,More beautiful appearence and more comfortable control feeling.
3,Mirco SD card slot(as every one told me Mini SD is a out thing).
4,60MB RAM will use by both systems, either our own OS or Dingux.
5,Improved buttons/D-pad.
6,M4a audio format supported.

so you can say at least  that DT is aware of Dingux and wouldn't work against it. (why so ever...)
i think, essential is now: do they think it's all the "foreigners" job to do the cracking and linux-stuff (I'm afraid that's the case), or are they aware, that is was luck and hard work with the a320 and it will almost be impossible to make dingux run on the c1800 if they don't help and support "us" with information...

1) http://boards.dingoonity.org/offtopic/from-dingoo-technology-company/22

mrzilch

« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2010, 08:19:09 am »
you know, if there ever will be a new and improved dingoo a320 with faster cpu and more ram,  better build quality (esp. the dpad!) and user-replacable battery (without soldering)

i'd be more than happy to pay more for it -

im very happy with my dingoo a320 at the moment - but if there is a better second generation with dingux then - bring it on ,

i was hoping the gemei a330 to be the "real sequel" to the dingoo a320 but from what ive been reading it seems like another failed attempt?  so the gemei a330 cant have dingux?

darfgarf

« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2010, 08:52:58 am »
so the gemei a330 cant have dingux?

seeing as dingux is dingoo-linux, then no, but there's nothing to stop some clever sod putting linux on it, just depends how long really, if gamei have a server with lots of helpful hardware specs/etc, then it shouldn't be too hard, but if it's completely closed, then it's unlikely anyone would put in enough effort to do it

gibberish

• Obscure Handhelds
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2010, 10:18:35 am »
it's not gemei it's chinachip that need to provide info. i'm not saying it's impossible to have linux on it but from what i've read it'll be one hell of a task, certainly a lot more difficult than it was getting it to run on the dingoo. especially without booboo around anymore. but then again, i'm no programmer and we all know anything is possible with enough skill and willpower.

darfgarf

« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2010, 10:46:54 am »
and we all know anything is possible with enough money, time and vodka.
fix'd  :D

TarMil

« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2010, 03:30:56 am »
it's not gemei it's chinachip that need to provide info.
Well, after all, Chinachip, Gemei and Dingoo Digital are some kind of departments of the same company.
So if there's a move towards the community, we can hope that it's company-wide.

mrzilch

« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2010, 10:22:47 am »
was this even out yet? any reviews? kinda interested to see some detailed, hands on review

R0M4N

« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2010, 11:05:37 am »
no not out yet, but tomorrow, sept the 18th was said to become interesting.  ;)

Post a new topic