Author Topic: GA330 USB problem  (Read 3281 times)

Rash

GA330 USB problem
« on: May 14, 2011, 04:26:06 pm »
There's a week i've bought a GA330 and it's working very fine. I really enjoyed the product and I'm using it at the maximum.
Until now, I have updated the firmware with the last update (build 3) and installed the SFC 1.0 (SNES emulator). All worked great.

The fact is: everytime I connect my GA330 to the PC with the USB cable that comes with it, I can't safely remove the device - and because of that, everytime I want to connect again, My Windows 7 pops up saying that it encountered an error because the device wasn't safely removed and the device haves to be checked for fixes. Then it checks, fix something and it works.

So everytime I connect my GA330 to my PC, I have to "fix" something because I just can't safely remove the device.

I'm using W7 64bits. Tested on Ubuntu x86 and it didn't even recognize the device.

OBS: GA330 recognize the PC in any OS although, since it's being "charging" all the time.

Tested in another machine with Ubuntu x86 and same results (not recognize).

So, anyone has this problem too?

Frank_fjs

• My simple Dingoo web site
Re: GA330 USB problem
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 04:47:55 pm »
Not sure how to do this in Win7, but under 'Write caching and Safe Removal' change the setting from 'Optimise for quick removal' to 'Optimise for performance'.

In XP right click hard drive -> properties -> hardware tab -> find the ChinaChip disk -> properties.

Rash

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 12:24:33 am »
That didn't work. It's strange that my phone, for example, works very well.

Kryptofacist

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 04:45:31 am »
I am not sure how compatible the GA330 is with Vista or Win7. I haven't tried 7, but I had the same problem when I connected to a Vista computer. I don't think Mac or Linux are supported at all.
Lucky for me, my PC is a fossil and runs XP. For some reason, it seems to be the only OS that works properly.
"The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real."
- Abraham Lincoln

Rash

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 06:12:53 pm »
I am not sure how compatible the GA330 is with Vista or Win7. I haven't tried 7, but I had the same problem when I connected to a Vista computer. I don't think Mac or Linux are supported at all.
Lucky for me, my PC is a fossil and runs XP. For some reason, it seems to be the only OS that works properly.

Thx for that answer, I don't know how but as soon as I can, I'll be testing it on WXP.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic