• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: GA330 Review?  (Read 4413 times)

Kryptofacist (OP)

GA330 Review?
« on: January 28, 2011, 12:51:15 am »
My Gemei A330 arrived a few days ago. I have looked around and haven't found much in the way of reviews for it, so I thought I would make one.
I just want to know what specifically people would like to know, so I can make it half decent.
I have an actual NES and GBA, so I might do some comparisons with the games I own. Here is a list, please comment if there is any game in particular you would like tested.
NES:
Double Dragon
Battletoads
Crackout
Bionic Commando
Super Spy Hunter
The Simpsons: Bart vs the Space Mutants
Solstice
TheLegend of Zelda
Tom & Jerry
Shadowgate

GBA:
Lord of the Rings 1,2 and 3
Zelda: Four Swords, Minish Cap and Nes Classics
Golden Sun 1 and 2
Spider-Man 2
Ecks vs Sever
Splinter Cell
Driver 2
Star Wars: Flight of the Falcon
Shining Soul 2
Wolverine's Revenge
Bionicle
DBZ Legacy of Goku 2

I really only intend on writing about 5 or so specific games in the interest of keeping the review from becoming novel length. I will choose what is most asked for I guess.

Any other suggestions, please leave a comment.

PS. If there are already a lot of good reviews and I missed them, I am sorry. I am new to the Dingoonity. Links would be appreciated.

***UPDATE***
This seems pointless now as a new review has come out which is really comprehensive. Here's the link.
http://gbatemp.net/t277717-gemei-tech-a330-review
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 01:16:54 pm by Kryptofacist »
"The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real."
- Abraham Lincoln

blastyrant

Re: GA330 Review?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 12:02:34 am »
do you own tv-out cables? i've used the the cables that came with 2 dingoo systems and 1 generic set. when i tv-out i get perfect video but "buzzing" audio. i'd love for you to test and let me know what you find out.

Kryptofacist (OP)

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 12:26:44 am »
Sorry, I don't have any. I tried with a set that came with a portable MD/Gamegear that I had lying around, but I couldn't get anything. It only had two output cables though. Am I supposed to put it in AV or Component?
"The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real."
- Abraham Lincoln

blastyrant

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 04:31:35 am »
goes in the tv-out plug and in the tv-out options you set it to "generic" or whatever it says. component just outputs black and white for me and i assume its for a different set of cables.

Frank_fjs

• My simple Dingoo web site
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 05:52:35 am »
Component requires 3 separate video lines and utilises a different connection on your TV (typically a RED, GREEN and BLUE RCA style plug). If you are simply plugging a yellow composite cable into your TV from the console, of course setting it to display a component signal is not going to work.

Kryptofacist (OP)

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 12:24:36 pm »
Maybe I should clarify.
I didn't stick the yellow cable into the component socket and expect it to work. I just tried using the av sockets and wondered if the reason they didn't work was because I was supposed to use component instead. The GA330 does not come with a TV-out cable, so I could not use colours for reference. Thank you for answering my question - I gather that I am not meant to use component - even if it was incredibly passive-aggressive.
Currently the only cable I have that is close to what I want only has the yellow and white plug, so I think I need a different one, as the connections on the jack could be different.

Also, where are the TV-out settings, I can't find them. I am running the official 1.1 firmware if that helps.
- Abraham Lincoln

Frank_fjs

• My simple Dingoo web site
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 03:28:37 pm »
Sorry, didn't realise nor intend my post to be passive aggressive, was just trying to help.  :)

Plugging an AV (composite) cable into a composite plug on your TV is fine, but selecting component output on the console will not work, as I'm sure you know. Composite and component are two very different video signals that require different outputs (which is why the console lets you select between the two), cables and connections.

I have seen the Gemei component cable tor the GA330 for sale separately.

blastyrant

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 08:11:02 pm »
do you have a link to an "official" ga330 cable?

as for tv-out, you can press start+left shoulder to turn on tv-out. the video settings you can press "X" to bring up some options and find a tv-out setting there. i'm not 100% sure about those button combinations right now, my GA330 isn't here so i can't double check... sorry!

Kryptofacist (OP)

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 10:38:42 pm »
OK, Start+left shoulder makes it say "bye bye" and it turns off. I thought it might be redirecting the signal to the tv-out port, but it still does nothing when I plug it in. Pressing 'x' did nothing for me. Thanks for trying to help. I really wish the instruction book wasn't in Chinese. Is there a translated version anywhere?
*EDIT*
OK, I feel silly. I wasn't in game when I tried that. I get video fine, but my audio is also just really loud buzzing and the only game audio comes from the gemei speakers.
Still can't get 'x' to do anything. Anything more specific I have to do?
*EDIT (again...)*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfkFhjfeCk4
This video clearly shows 2 cables coming from the top of the Gemei. One in the TV-out and one in the Headphone jack for sound. so You either need 2 cables or a special cable with two jacks. I can get each function to work individually, as I only have one cable. But it should work for both. I will also post this answer in the original audio buzzing thread so the answer can easily be found.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 11:13:57 pm by Kryptofacist »
- Abraham Lincoln