Author Topic: emulators from the gemei x760+ le  (Read 18176 times)

sq (OP)

emulators from the gemei x760+ le
« on: November 10, 2011, 12:45:04 am »
since some people here asked about what's new for the ga330 and are willing to experiment with their devices i'm bringing to you the emulators shipped with the gemei x760+ le. for the google impaired, gemei, in a fantastically retarded decision, thought that it would be cool beans if they basically added a bigger screen with higher resolution to their ga330, shaped it like every goddamned psp clone out there and rename it with the exact same name as one of their own old devices that ironically doesn't share anything hardware-wise with the newer one. confused yet?

so, since this x760+ shares the same soc, got the same amount of memory and the same operating system it should be compatible with the ga330, right? despite some caveats, like savestate pictures getting "corrupted" (obviously because the x760+ save higher res screenshots on exiting), i'd dare to say that these emulators run on the ga330 quite fine.

i've tested the cps1 and the neogeo emu (no changes apparently) and the gameboy advance. this one's pretty interesting, as the sound is fixed on many roms (the "luminous" homebrew immediately comes to mind) but the performance is, apparently, a bit worse than the gba emulator v1.1 provided with the latest firmware for the ga330.

i haven't got the chance to test nes, snes nor cps2. hopefully someone will share their experiences with these systems.

to install, simply replace the .sim files inside \emulators on your ga330 with the ones provided in this rar:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6AO3KZ7H

(of course taking care of having a backup of your original .sim files)

/!\   --VERY IMPORTANT--   /!\

BE SURE TO DELETE (backup first!) EVERY .CFG FILE LOCATED IN \GAME!!!

as you might have noticed, the x760+ got a bunch of buttons below the screen. these are dedicated to functions that previously were mapped to button combinations on the ga330, and if you keep the old configuration files with the old button mappings the unit *will* go bonkers and in its thrashing around even might damage the internal file system. if you delete the .cfg files they will be recreated with default settings next time you run the emulator and there'll be no problems after that. you can safely remap buttons as you wish afterwards.

cps1, cps2 and neogeo save .ini files inside \game\(cps1/cps2/mvs) and individually for each game inside \game\(cps1/cps2/mvs)\config; apparently these don't trigger "gemei insanity" if you leave them, but if you want to play as safe as possible, please take notice.

/!\   --VERY IMPORTANT--   /!\

Juan

Re: emulators from the gemei x760+ le
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 03:18:00 am »
Just tested the NES emu and it doesn't seem to have the sound lag, so it's a must  :)

The rest I tested - MD played pretty much the same (no sound on Sonic and Knuckles 2, just like the stock emu) and GBA doesn't fix Mario Golf or Mario Tennis. Can't tell if there's a difference in these two.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 03:51:46 am by Juan »

DarkCrono

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 11:08:31 am »
I need to delete every .cfg or just the .SIM related .cfg?

---------------------

Well, I tried SNES emulation.
Snes looks more smoother, just the FPS is higher, same problems with transparencies and black screen in some games.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 12:47:13 pm by DarkCrono »

Juan

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 01:07:22 pm »
Just the cfg for the sim you're replacing. And you could rename it instead.

sq (OP)

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 12:09:52 am »
quite interesting findings

can you confirm that these "corrupted savestates" are actually saving correctly? in my case, they do, it's just the image that's affected

there *is* a difference in the gba emulator at least, games that -apparently- relied on audio streaming in their bgms previously stuttered like hell, now the sound plays correctly (i insist, please test this with "luminous", arguably the best "lumines" clone for the gba)

by the way, between the x760+ and the ga330 there's just too little difference between .sim files in the case of cps1/cps2/mvs... i'm suspecting that they're basically the same thing

DarkCrono

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 12:17:19 am »
SNES roms looks definitely smooths. However they do not have transparencies. The compatibility in my tests is the same.

SittButt

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 01:26:20 pm »
For me all the emulators working more fine than the original emu.

The only things that not great it's the Gemei "welcome screen" on the opening of the emu, it's "out of phase" ...

Juan

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 04:04:23 am »
There's a X760+ LE related download (firmware?) dated nov 8th at gemei's site if anyone cares to check it.

hiredgun

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 04:59:14 pm »
There's a X760+ LE related download (firmware?) dated nov 8th at gemei's site if anyone cares to check it.

Certainly could be big news Juan, but where exactly do you see it on the site?

Juan

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 11:26:32 pm »

Certainly could be big news Juan, but where exactly do you see it on the site?
Eighth item on that download page if I counted right.

sq (OP)

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 02:50:54 am »
checked it the day before yesterday, also hoping that these bastards had updated something behind our backs: these are just the new flashing tools and the three files, latest firmware included, needed to reflash a bricked x760+

note that they released the tools with absolutely no strings attached, which makes me think that they would've released the ga330 recovery tools with or without booboo acting as an intermediate -- which additionally gives more credibility to the theory that gemei never gave a crap about getting linux in their gadgets in the first place

i've already disassembled the new firmware to check if there's something worth stealing. at a quick glance:

- bitmapped fonts still are as ugly as ever, only wider (and holy lol @ how they got antialiased fonts in the main menu: they're just images)
- the TTS engine hasn't changed one single byte
- interface sounds are nowhere to be found
- they updated JUST ONE CODEC, and to add insult to injury it's the .chm decoder!!!
- what's more puzzling, did they *remove* .ogg support? really???
- ccplayer is still in the same version. i'm suspecting that they simply did the same thing with the cps1/cps2/mvs emulators; basically just a direct port and let the cc1800 vpu handle the upscaling

i'll keep checking things further, but don't expect anything substantial

hiredgun

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 04:19:37 pm »
Thanks for the investigative work Sq, if you see anything in there that looks like a full speed MD emulator, please let us know, lol. ;D

Juan

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2011, 03:05:53 am »
I've been trying out the SNES emu and it works pretty well (speed/sound wise) with frameskip set to 1. At least for PAL games.

hiredgun

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2011, 06:15:51 pm »
I still get the stupid black line with the SNES emulator, but the MD emu goes fast enough to make it playable, so it was still a good find!!!!!!!!! ;)

Sehiz

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2011, 10:01:55 pm »
i didn't read all the post, but where i can buy this one?

And it's play Nintendo 64 games?  :D

I was looking for this one before to buy Gemei A330 but i didn't found it. :(

Frank_fjs

• My simple Dingoo web site
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2011, 02:20:44 am »
It doesn't emulate N64.

Sehiz

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2011, 08:19:01 am »
It doesn't emulate N64.

sooo, it's only more expansive than others and do the same things of any other held game from chinachip?

Frank_fjs

• My simple Dingoo web site
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2011, 09:10:56 am »
Not sure that it's more expensive, they go for $70 shipped from the right place at the right time. It has much better hardware & features over most other PMP devices.

Hagane023

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2011, 10:49:53 pm »
There is a savestate issue when using the gba emu on the ga330, it is when you load a savestate the sound suddenly develops a huge lag in background music, so I've gone back to ga330's 1.1 gba emulator. Is anyone working on anything for the ga330 anymore? Doom ports, pcengine, gba with stable framerate, maybe a secret working snes emu.

hiredgun

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2011, 05:41:20 pm »
For the SNES, I can tell you that PocketSNES done by cex runs about a thousand time better than the native emulator.  It's full speed, got a done of options, and the menu is really well done.  The best part is that he's still tweaking it, so you have even more to look forward to!!  I can't remember exactly where the link is to download, but the thread is some where in this forum.  Download it, you won't be sorry, H.G.

Post a new topic