Author Topic: dingoo a330  (Read 9161 times)

blastyrant (OP)

dingoo a330
« on: April 19, 2011, 10:17:31 am »

Kryptofacist

Re: dingoo a330
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 12:45:05 pm »
Seeing as etronixmart has recently sold a bunch of prototype Dingoo A380s that they shouldn't have, I am willing to guess that this item is a prototype from before Dingoo Digital and Gemei Tech started working together. It would be interesting to see if it runs the same firmware.
Interesting find, but from what I have read, etronixmart is pretty shady.

It would be interesting to see what DD-USA might know about this, as he has contact with the manufacturers.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 01:31:37 pm by Kryptofacist »
"The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real."
- Abraham Lincoln

Frank_fjs

• My simple Dingoo web site
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 02:01:51 pm »
Just looks like a re-branded Gemei A330, probably identical minus the slight cosmetic differences.

I wouldn't be placing any orders with ElectonixMart, they've proven themselves to be completely untrustworthy and underhanded.

blastyrant (OP)

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 09:38:38 pm »
the dingoo a330 v2 spec list is word-for-word from the gbatemp gemei a330 review. most of that list was compiled after reading stuff on the internet and even the person who wrote the review said it might not all be correct.

http://gbatemp.net/t277717-gemei-tech-a330-review

The GA330 product packaging is unfortunately written completely in Chinese, a language I do not read. I am honestly only able to understand what each section listing incorporates but unable to translate the specifics. Various sites around the Internet have collected information on the GA330, at times this information not only contradicts itself (IE: Official site lists EMUs not currently available) but also developer discoveries (IE: possible CPU speed differences). The information below has been collected from different sources and cross-reverenced for an attempt at accuracy. The information may be incorrect or undocumented and should be used for reference only.

Sources: Dingoo-Digital-USA.com, Gemeitech.com, DingooWIKI.com, IRC, Forums, and Resellers.

it seems that the gbatemp review was written while in close contact with a source at etronixmart and they had nothing bad to say about the site. i personally do not see how releasing beta and prototype stuff makes them shady as a reseller, it just makes them untrustworthy for the development teams. the site still seems legit and will honor their return policy as far as i'm concerned, unless others have stories and bad experiences to tell us about.

1wiierdguy

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 08:25:35 am »
 I remember reading back when the Gemei first came out that a Dingoo rebranded version would release later. I had hoped with the widespread disappointment with the GA330's screen they might change it when this version released. It seems it may be the same though, we will see if/when someone gets one to compare.

Kryptofacist

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 08:51:10 am »
the site still seems legit and will honor their return policy as far as i'm concerned, unless others have stories and bad experiences to tell us about.
http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingoo-technology-a380/notice-from-dingoo-technology-regards-the-new-console-a-380!/45/
Drathian tells a story here. He tried returning his test unit A380 for an exchange, checked the tracking number to confirm it arrived and received email from etronixmart saying they never received it.
These units were never supposed to be sold to anyone. But this is going off topic. So I will stop now.

From the DX pictures, the serial numbers of both GA330 and DDA330 follow the same pattern.
The DX picture shows "4G 0300WH0470712" on the DDA330. My GA330 has "4G 0300WH0470330" and a quick image search shows that others also follow the pattern.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 09:10:15 am by Kryptofacist »
"The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real."
- Abraham Lincoln

blastyrant (OP)

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 11:29:06 am »
i'm not trying to start a debate here but from what i can understand his tracking info says the item reached china and says nothing about it reaching the etronixmart address. its possible it never left customs, was stolen, or was lost in transit. i've delt directly with vincent of etronixmart and he was always straight forward and honest with me.

Frank_fjs

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 11:54:47 am »
There's nothing to debate really. ElectronixMart sold prototype units not intended for retail sale, as instructed by their manufacturer and supplier, Dingoo Technology.

This caused a world of problems and affected everyone badly.

If you feel safe ordering from a person who conducts business that way, go right ahead. I wouldn't be giving them my business, and anyone with an ounce of sense would do the same.

Kryptofacist

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 04:34:10 pm »
Since it's almost certain that this Dingoo A330 is the same as the Gemei A330, what are we going to call it now?
"Dingoo A330" is confusing, due to Dingoo Tech's model, and using either "Gemei A330" or "Dingoo Digital A330" is going to make it confusing for newcomers.
- Abraham Lincoln

Frank_fjs

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 04:59:51 pm »
People are already using A330 for the Dingoo Technology device, GA330 for the Gemei device so I guess the natural progression would be DDA330 for the Dingoo Digital re-brand of the GA330. Not really any less confusing though.

And aren't Dingoo Digital releasing an A330E?

Kryptofacist

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 06:13:17 pm »
The rebranded version seems to be called A330EX. Maybe that's what was mentioned.
If they release another, we will have no less than four A330 models to distinguish between. Dear Lord...

I guess renaming this section Gemei A330/Dingoo Digital A330 might help people to see they are both the same.

The Dingoo Digital website still has the "Gemei" version in their picture, if it wasn't unclear enough.

Also, does the rebranded version have wireless multiplayer, or is it the same as the "fashion" edition?
I know you probably don't have the answers, but I would like to find out.

*edit*
The picture of the box on DX and etronixmart both say "Multiplayer Games Wireless Connecting."
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 06:27:30 pm by Kryptofacist »
- Abraham Lincoln

etronixmart

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 03:05:31 am »
There is nothing big difference between Dingoo Digital A330 and Gemei A330. The only difference is that they have different logos. Dingoo Digital A330 is with "Dingoo" logo printed. For Gemei A330, it has the logo "Gemei" there. Both of them run the same chip and have the same functions.

As a retailer, our job is to sell products and offer our service. We are not the manufacture of these console. So we did not know why they did this. But one thing I should verify is that Dingoo Digital A330 is a true console not prototype. To prove it, we will submit you guys more pictures as below:

You guys can email us if you need more pictures.

Again, we are only a retailer and we sell what the manufacture supply to us.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 03:09:23 am by etronixmart »

baseendje

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2011, 11:56:03 pm »
Hey guys, I just noticed the gemei a330 is lowerd in price fashion edition has just arrived on dx. Since my a320 shoulder buttons don't work anymore I was wondering whether someone has experience with this device. my main thoughts/questions are:
  • Are the shoulder buttons of better quality than the a320
  • It has a 600mhz/500mhz/336mhz? chip, do emulations run better/faster?
  • Does it run custom firmware like the a320
  • Other things I should know?

Best regards,
Bas
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 12:47:07 am by baseendje »

Harteex

• * Administrator
    • Harteex Productions
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2011, 12:17:54 am »
Hey guys, I just noticed the gemei a330 is lowerd in price on dx.

That's the version without wireless, also known as the fashion edition. The original one still has the higher price: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/gemei-a330-3-0-lcd-mp3-mp4-media-games-player-with-fm-tv-out-sd-white-4gb-47741

Kryptofacist

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 01:01:57 pm »
Hey guys, I just noticed the gemei a330 is lowerd in price fashion edition has just arrived on dx. Since my a320 shoulder buttons don't work anymore I was wondering whether someone has experience with this device. my main thoughts/questions are:
  • Are the shoulder buttons of better quality than the a320
  • It has a 600mhz/500mhz/336mhz? chip, do emulations run better/faster?
  • Does it run custom firmware like the a320
  • Other things I should know?

Best regards,
Bas

This isn't really on topic, but there's a really good review here.
http://gbatemp.net/t277717-gemei-tech-a330-review
It should answer most of your questions.
- Abraham Lincoln

Hagane023

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2011, 02:32:07 pm »
The shoulder buttons are much better than an a320, easier to press, just a little spongier?? As for emulation i've had less trouble with getting cps2 roms running(Marvel vs capcom with sound) Cps1 is fine GBA is better with most roms but a litle glitchy with save states(But nothing major if you try to load your state twice), Nes and Genesis/megadrive roms have a sound lag that is a little annoying but nothing major, NeoGeo is fine if not better, but the snes is dreadful especially with transparency issues and controller faults with some games. Custom themes are availiable not firmware yet to my knowledge. The much talked about screen issue (which i don't mind and is better in some circumstances). But overall the main thing we are all waiting for is Dingux/Gemux and some develpers to give us better native emulators(Pocket snes etc.) I love mine but i just keep going back to my dta330 and a320 for snes emulation.