Author Topic: Any news on a GA330 SDK?  (Read 3667 times)

streigh

Any news on a GA330 SDK?
« on: January 18, 2011, 08:15:23 pm »
Does anyone know of an SDK for the GA330?
I have always assumed one would be available - but i see no mention of it anywhere.

if it exists a link would be most excellent and if it doesnt, who do we light a fire under to get one?

Harteex

• * Administrator
    • Harteex Productions
Re: Any news on a GA330 SDK?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 10:17:18 pm »
There is one here: http://code.google.com/p/mp4sdk/

Never tried it though.

streigh

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 02:18:42 pm »
There is one here: http://code.google.com/p/mp4sdk/

Never tried it though.

I really need to learn Chinese  ;)

and TY - i have no clue what i am doing - but i will see what i can break with that - hopefully someone that actually DOES have a clue will pick it up too

IguanaC64

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 11:14:33 pm »
Where do you see something that indicates this is for the Gemei A330?  Translated the page and saw nothing.

EDIT...ok...clicking around.  There is some stuff specifically for the A330 here in the download section, but the ARM-Linux compiler under the wiki says it's for the CC1600 chip and not the CC1800 that the A330 has.  Wonder if the chips are compatible.  Will see if I have some time tonight to poke around with this.  I figure if it was easy, it would already be done, tho... =)

EDIT#2...Argh...the text files in this SDK are Chinese.  I know how to translate Chinese->English with Google Translate, but that's not helping me with these text files.  I have Windows 7 Home Premium, so apparently I can't install the Chinese language pack without upgrading (and I'm not sure this would help me anyway)...Hrm...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 04:54:06 am by IguanaC64 »

streigh

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 05:29:23 pm »
Where do you see something that indicates this is for the Gemei A330?  Translated the page and saw nothing.

EDIT...ok...clicking around.  There is some stuff specifically for the A330 here in the download section, but the ARM-Linux compiler under the wiki says it's for the CC1600 chip and not the CC1800 that the A330 has.  Wonder if the chips are compatible.  Will see if I have some time tonight to poke around with this.  I figure if it was easy, it would already be done, tho... =)

EDIT#2...Argh...the text files in this SDK are Chinese.  I know how to translate Chinese->English with Google Translate, but that's not helping me with these text files.  I have Windows 7 Home Premium, so apparently I can't install the Chinese language pack without upgrading (and I'm not sure this would help me anyway)...Hrm...

well - if you can see the Chinese characters and they aint just blocks of gibberish, then the language pack wont help

and i tried translator too - i still have the headache - maybe they will have an English version - of course maybe the English gemei web page will work someday too - maybe is a funny word

IguanaC64

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 08:20:26 pm »
Yeah...I spent some time with Google Translator and .doc files that were in the SDK last night...those were easy (tho tedious) to go through and do some initial translation (which didn't look terribly bad actually).  You're right, though, for some reason the text files are all gibberish instead of Chinese characters.  Unsure what to do with those files.

Kryptofacist

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 12:59:46 pm »
I don't know if this one is the same or not, but it does specifically say it is for the GA330. I am not a dev, so I don't think there is much I can do with it, though.
http://code.google.com/p/mp4sdk/downloads/detail?name=A330-SDK-Setup-20101106.exe&can=2&q=
"The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real."
- Abraham Lincoln

Post a new topic