Author Topic: Any known problem?  (Read 7645 times)

Strongwords

Any known problem?
« on: December 13, 2010, 01:10:17 pm »
Hi guys, i'm not kind new here, been reading the forum in a while.
I'm about to buy my GA330 but want to ask here fisrt if there any manufacter problem within this one...

Like the ones on a320,
problem with the wall charger
not soldered wires

things like this

thx

darfgarf

Re: Any known problem?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 01:11:56 pm »
highly likely, it's made in china

chewdiggy

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 01:47:38 pm »
Not recognised in OS X ;)
Other than that, none I have come across. The card reader that I got with mine has just died though, just stopped working during data transfer.

Hellblaze

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 05:17:06 pm »
There have been a few complaints about the screen.

chewdiggy

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 11:59:46 pm »
When playing MD roms from the card today, there have been a few occasions that the card can't be read, or when loading a save state the game crashes.
I've just got it to restart after about 20 minutes of No File Found! and it's wiped my Shadow Dancer game save  >:(
And now it's there again... Weird.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 12:13:39 am by chewdiggy »

chewdiggy

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 02:49:56 pm »
OK, my GA330 is now not recognising ANY files on the SD card, giving a No File Found error message even after reformatting the card. It's incredibly frustrating as it was working fine yesterday morning.
Any ideas?

Strongwords

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 02:59:18 pm »
OK, my GA330 is now not recognising ANY files on the SD card, giving a No File Found error message even after reformatting the card. It's incredibly frustrating as it was working fine yesterday morning.
Any ideas?

Oh well this is some bad news...  :-\
Hope you find a solution

chewdiggy

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 03:13:58 pm »
As before, as soon as I get frustrated and post on here it starts working again...  ???  ;D
Looks like it maybe a software problem. Playing Shadow Dancer, the save games disappeared and when I quit the game the No File Found message appeared again. I don't think it can be a problem with the actual card reader, as it still shows that the SD is inserted, just that there is no file on it. Perplexed.

And now, nothing again. FFS, this is so infuriating!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 04:36:51 pm by chewdiggy »

Hellblaze

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 06:36:17 pm »
Got another SD card to try? Or maybe reformat...

chewdiggy

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 01:06:39 am »
Got another SD card to try? Or maybe reformat...
Tried reformatting. I have a few other cards knocking about, so I'll try another. The card works fine in my HTC Hero (using that to copy files as my card reader broke!)

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 01:15:32 am by chewdiggy »

eldgoat

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2010, 05:52:49 am »
I have a lot of sound issues in the GBA emulator that are not there on my a320
in particular advance wars and the Pokemons
the gba emulator on my ga330 is a huge disappointment

dingoo

• DingooBR
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 11:56:44 am »
Does someone here had any issues with the power adapter? I haven't tested it yet but I heard that it have the same problem as the A320 power adapters. Does someone can confirm this for me, please?
Dingoo Brasil - http://www.dingoobr.com

chewdiggy

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 12:41:41 pm »
Does someone here had any issues with the power adapter? I haven't tested it yet but I heard that it have the same problem as the A320 power adapters. Does someone can confirm this for me, please?
I have no need to use the power adapter, it's two pin. I just use the USB charge.

streigh

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2010, 09:41:17 pm »

fwiw - i just received 2 sealed units - NEITHER came with an AC adapter - so maybe there was a problem and they found a perfect solution - just make me go buy a usb power adapter

Strongwords

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2010, 05:39:24 pm »

So i can't use the wall charger??

dingoo

• DingooBR
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2010, 06:11:33 pm »

Yes, you can use it. This was a false alarm that someone has said for me. I've used mine for two times since of when I received mine GA330 on my house and everything went normal here. :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 06:17:03 pm by dingoo »
Dingoo Brasil - http://www.dingoobr.com

SittButt

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2010, 06:48:18 pm »
In some GBA games, since the 1.1 firmware updates, the sound is sloppy and sometime got a late on the action ...  :'(

streigh

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2010, 06:49:59 pm »

I have a charger from a motorola phone that fits and works perfectly - i believe the chargers themselves were a problem, which might explain why my new units dont have them.  as far as i can tell - any USB power outlet will work with the included USB cables

izze

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2011, 08:32:38 pm »
The Charger works for me..
The GA330 isnt recognized in Windows 7 / 64 bit.But it works on 32 bit.
The LCD Screen is poor.. but well its a cheap handheld, well worth the price.

chewdiggy

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2011, 05:44:56 pm »
So has anyone else had any problems with the memory card not being recognised? Do I have a duff machine?
Any news on official exports with english text support?

Post a new topic