• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: after a accidental fall the button on off gets fucked.. of...  (Read 4496 times)

cryoknesis

and i can't turn on my gemei.... !!!!!  goddamit!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

somebody help me..

how to disassemble my gemei.. and fix it???? 

Kryptofacist

Re: after a accidental fall the button on off gets fucked.. of...
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 03:24:59 pm »
Disassembly is pretty simple.
1. Use a small screwdriver to push the 4 little rubber pads out of their holes.
2. Unscrew the four small Phillips head screws underneath.
3. Use a fingernail or something thin and flat to get leverage under the edge of the back panel and carefully pull it off the unit. The panels clip together, so there will be some resistance. Be careful of the ground wire near the L button.

Here is a picture of the inside. I zoomed in on the power switch for you. Sorry about the resolution, this is from months ago, and I didn't think to make a close-up of the power switch. You can see how the outside switch fits around a tiny little switch inside.

As far as I can tell, one of two things has happened:
1) The outer switch has come apart from the inner one.
-This can be solved by simply putting it back in place.
2) The inner switch has snapped.
-To fix this would either require some incredibly delicate gluing, or finding an appropriate switch to replace it with.

Unfortunately, I think the second is more likely.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 03:31:14 pm by Kryptofacist »
"The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real."
- Abraham Lincoln

cryoknesis

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 04:39:25 pm »
but i saw that the problem is far beyond than i've been specting.... the little button completely deatached from de part of the button... the small part get off the mechanism...

please how to turn on gemei without the on of button..or make another way to turn it on????

Kryptofacist

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 12:26:34 pm »
Well, you could use solder to short out the switch so it's always on. Then you can turn it on and off by holding the "START" button for about 5 seconds. That seems the easiest way.
You are going to need a soldering iron or some of this stuff if you aren't comfortable with an iron.

The biggest problem with this is that you will turn the Gemei on while you are soldering. If anyone here can help  with a way to avoid this, it would be appreciated. I thought of cutting one of the battery wires first, but then putting it back together would cause the same problem.

Edit:
Thinkgeek shipping is expensive. You can find wire glue cheaper on eBay.

Edit 2:
I would suggest bringing the iron up to temperature, then turning it off and quickly using it. This would eliminate the risk of the iron's current interfering with the Gemei. I am not sure how likely it is, but I would err on the side of caution.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 04:02:00 pm by Kryptofacist »
"The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real."
- Abraham Lincoln

edd_jedi

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 03:50:02 pm »
Doesn't it turn on automatically when you plug in the USB cable? Mine does, and then if you press the D pad it goes from charging to on.

Kryptofacist

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 04:15:23 pm »
Doesn't it turn on automatically when you plug in the USB cable? Mine does, and then if you press the D pad it goes from charging to on.

That's true. I should have thought of that, really.
However, if you want to use it without plugging it in, you will still have to do something about that switch.
- Abraham Lincoln

cryoknesis

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 06:23:06 pm »
if i wanted to used plugged on a usb.. or charging.. it would be good.. but... the gemei games for me are the antidote for the some boring hours of the day like being waiting to be in a bank full of people in a pay day...
or in a medical center.. or maybe other hours...

so i want to make a replacement for the turn on of button.. any idea??? to how to do that without bricking or killing my gemei forever????

Kryptofacist

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 09:39:40 pm »
if i wanted to used plugged on a usb.. or charging.. it would be good.. but... the gemei games for me are the antidote for the some boring hours of the day like being waiting to be in a bank full of people in a pay day...
or in a medical center.. or maybe other hours...

so i want to make a replacement for the turn on of button.. any idea??? to how to do that without bricking or killing my gemei forever????

I already posted a solution for that. If you don't want to solder anything, you don't really have any options. The mod I described is pretty simple, so I doubt you will brick anything if you are careful.
- Abraham Lincoln

cryoknesis

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 11:22:28 pm »

so i did ... i unsolded the black wire of the battery and my gemei turn on imediattely.... but....

something is happening to him... when i play some music or video... the gemei just freeze... when i play videos.. and doesnt matter how i try to turn it of with the start button.... that fucking thing doesnt turn off... so i have to wait untill the battery loose all energy... to put him to recharge and put him on with start button again...

gooddamit!!!!! is that this problem a virus or a bad firmware??  the firmare that i use is the original 1.1 version

what the hell i am doing wrong please help me...?

Kryptofacist

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 01:12:58 am »

so i did ... i unsolded the black wire of the battery and my gemei turn on imediattely.... but....

Do you mind sending a pic of what you did? Is the black wire where it was originally? All I suggested was making a solder bridge over the contacts of the power switch.

I am running firmware 1.1 build 3. I'll flash the older version and see if I can turn it off with the start button.

Edit: Just flashed it, and it turns off with the Start button.

Edit 2: You can set the "Auto Off" setting to 10 minutes or something. It won't turn off exactly when you want it to, but it will stop the battery draining each time.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 01:36:30 am by Kryptofacist »
- Abraham Lincoln

cex

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 08:50:42 am »
something is happening to him... when i play some music or video... the gemei just freeze... when i play videos.. and doesnt matter how i try to turn it of with the start button.... that fucking thing doesnt turn off... so i have to wait untill the battery loose all energy... to put him to recharge and put him on with start button again...

gooddamit!!!!! is that this problem a virus or a bad firmware??  the firmare that i use is the original 1.1 version

what the hell i am doing wrong please help me...?

If the console received a big hit maybe a solder joint has been broken and is causing the problems (usually after the console heats up after some use).
It is a tipical failure on mobile phones with BGA ICs, and as far as I know, the A330 processor has a BGA package.
The solution is to resolder (which could require BGA reballing) the CPU, but it is not an easy task. It requires special equipment and trained skills.

Hope I'm wrong and someone could suggest a solution for you.

Post a new topic