• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: A330 cannot find files and freezes  (Read 3915 times)

Iofhua (OP)

A330 cannot find files and freezes
« on: July 17, 2012, 03:29:52 pm »
My Gemei A330 can't find any of the files I load onto it. The first thing I did when I got it was update the firmware to 1.1 and loaded the SNES emulator onto it. However it freezes whenever I try to navigate into the folder that contains all my roms. I have tried using the "update jukebox" feature, and it freezes when I try that. When it updates after removing it from the computer, it freezes. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I noticed there is an official 1.2 firmware out, so I downloaded that and loaded the .HXF file into the 4GB root directory. When I turn my A330 on, it doesn't find the file. I don't know what to do. How do I get my A330 to find the files I put in it, and not freeze up?

* I also tried holding down the X A B Y buttons and turning it on. It goes to the screen where it says "firmware updating, do not power off" but it only stays there a couple seconds before it goes to the power-on splash screen and then to the main menu. Why would it skip over the firmware update?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 05:25:08 pm by Iofhua »

Trevor Belomont

Re: A330 cannot find files and freezes
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 09:17:15 am »
I have a Gemei A330 as well, and also have had that very same problem, minus the firmware problem, which mine is still on the factory set one (1.0).

Anyway, what i discovered was that for some reason, the nand memory cannot handle that many roms for some reason, so i had to narrow it down to a certain number of CPS1, 3D games, NES, SNES, Genesis and GBA roms, slowly chipping away at the number of roms in the game folder, and trying and trying to play them, until it finally worked, and i've had it that way since.
I haven't messed with it since cause the DS R4 cards and other handhelds have captured my attention.

Here are the counts of the roms that i have that are working:

- 3D games ---> 1 ("7 days", no real interest in the others)
- CPS1 ---> 9
- GBA ---> 129
- Genesis ---> 45
- NES ---> 80
- SNES ---> 203

I suspect that it may either be a number of roms or the size of the roms, collective data issue.
As a note, it is possible to run more games off of the memory card slot, which i use to run the CPS2 and NeoGeo roms, the largest of the ones mentioned above.

Hope this helps...

« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 09:22:16 am by Turkish »

Juan

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 04:54:04 pm »
Where is this official 1.2 firmware?

Iofhua (OP)

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 09:11:12 pm »
@Juan:
http://filetrip.net/others-downloads/dingoo-systems/download-dingoo-a330-official-firmware-12-f11495.html
^This is the official 1.2 firmware. You can also do a search for "a330" on FileTrip and find a bunch of other stuff for it.

@Turkish:
I took my SD card out which had all my ROMs but it still freezes up and I still can't update the firmware or do anything else with it. Is there a way to restore factory settings? I'm not sure what to do with it at this point. I am researching how to install Dingux, as while I'm not a big fan of Linux, I think it would definitely run better than this firmware. I got a Dingux installer off of FileTrip, but the included Readme is a little... horrible... So I am looking for a page that offers some more detailed instructions. Hopefully I will eventually get this to work, it looks like it would be a nice little handheld once its all set up.

Thanks for your help! Any further help or advice would be much appreciated!

Trevor Belomont

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 12:15:48 am »
May ne a silly question, but have you tried formatting the unit...?

Iofhua (OP)

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 11:48:09 pm »
Okay I formatted the 4GB drive on the A330 and went to put my emulators and a couple apps back in it. Then I noticed whenever I create a folder on the A330 internal drive it becomes filled with files that are all in chinese, are megabytes in size, and can't be deleted or accessed by Windows. Did my A330 come with a virus? I have an antivirus with a resident shield and I scanned all my downloads before I unzipped them... It hasn't picked anything up and I can't see how I got one unless it came in the A330.

Trevor Belomont

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 06:28:35 pm »
Wow, i've never encountered a problem like that before. If you are using windows 7, it may be a problem with an OS incompatability/driver issue. I would try interfacing it on an older windows OS like XP, Vista or one of those if possible, just so so you can deduce further what the problem may be.

Just a suggeston...

Another idea is try loading up a memory card seperately from the unit, with an adaptor, with some games, apps or whatever and see if they will work off the card.
Once again, deductive reasoning, and once again, just a suggestion my friend...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 08:48:34 pm by Turkish »

blastyrant

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 09:39:06 am »
@Juan:
http://filetrip.net/others-downloads/dingoo-systems/download-dingoo-a330-official-firmware-12-f11495.html
^This is the official 1.2 firmware. You can also do a search for "a330" on FileTrip and find a bunch of other stuff for it.

hi,
you linked to the dingoo a330 firmare. you have the dingoo a330 v1.2 firmware running on the gemei?

Post a new topic