HAPPY NEW YEAR: XMAME v1.0 for GCW-Zero!
Current release is v1.3, see my webpage below for download links.
for release details and download links.New for v2.0 (not yet released)
* Analog control settings now saved (Was only a problem in 84).
* Added Noah's Ark (69 and 84).
* Updated Namco's Classics Collection Vol.1 + 2 added full sound.
* Updated Dynamite Duke fixed graphics issues.
* Added Brezzasoft's Crystal of Kings and Evolution Soccer. Unfortunately a bit slow but interesting to see running on the GCW0.
* Updated NEC V20/V30/V33 CPU.
* Added my version of MAME4ALL from Dingoo A320 which will become XMAME 0.41 (AKA MAME 0.37b5).
* Will run as an OPK - no longer "installs".Updates for v1.3
* Added 32-bit color mode and support in drivers where required for high quality alpha blending screens (all versions).
* Updates to drivers using ALPHA BLEND modes. Games supporting ALPHA in v1.0 - v1.2 always ran in 16-bit mode. The user will now have the option of running in 16 or 32-bit color mode. 16-bit mode is faster, 32-bit mode is more accurate and has some extra effects. The default is 16-bit mode, you need to select the 32-bit before starting the game. This only applies to certain games (see those listed below).
* Fixed: Bucky O'Hare and COW-boys of Moo-Meesa (69 and 84)
* Fixed: Dragon Blaze, Strikers 1945 II, etc (69 and 84)
* Fixed: Taito F3 games (69 and 84).
* Fixed: Analog controls (84).
* Fixed: Analog controls now have correct defaults for rotated screen modes (all versions).
* "No sound" option now works (all versions).
* Fixed: Sega System16 games like Altered Beast and Alien Storm and Enduro Racer. Hooray! Long standing bug which was really annoying! (all versions).
* Fixed: XMAME frontend after adding/removing ROMs and using "START" to refresh cached list, wasn't calculating correct number of games available for each filter mode.
* Fixed: Multi32 games like Outrunners for 69 and 84.
* Fixed: Konami games using KONAMIGX hardware (ie.Mystic Warriors, Violent Storm, etc) for 69 and 84.
* Fixed: Gaelco 3D games however there is still an issue (see "Future release") for 84.
* Fixed: Tecmo Raiga - Strato Fighter for 84.
* Fixed: The Game Room's Lethal Justice for 84.
* Fixed: Tecmo's Super Pinball Action for 84.
* Added: save-state controls for 84. Also fixes for 52 and 69.
* Added: speed-ups for Neo Geo for 52 only. Everything runs at 100% 60FPS.Future releases
* Allow user defined installation location.
* Check installer when SD card has EXT2 or compatible filesystem.
* Later version of MAME, perhaps something in the 90s or maybe 105 or 106.
* timer.c issues with MAME 84. Some games "hang" ie. surfplnt and area51 when timer.c compiled with -O3 yet are fine with -O0 (though noticeably slower).Will not fix issues
* There is a known issue with the IPU Hardware scaling, some resolutions cause the GCW-Zero to crash and reboot.
The symptoms usually including the screen going black/white and then the machine rebooting.
Hard Drive and possibly others fall into this category. A kernel fix is required to resolve this issue (or I can do some workarounds).
* Different keys for coin and start. Well everything is configurable, you can set this yourself. Just use the MAME menus to set them to whatever you like. What is presented are just defaults. These have been chosen from experience.