Author Topic: XMAME v1.0 release  (Read 223453 times)

BlockABoots

Re: XMAME v1.0 release
« Reply #340 on: May 23, 2018, 06:30:17 pm »
You use 'clrmamepro' utility to convert one mame rompack to another. It takes a while and is not very simple to use as there are so many options, and you must get the specific .DAT file associated with the mame version you need.  It can convert a later rompack to any of these versions you guys cannot find.

Really??, thats awesome.

Is there a guide anywhere on how to do that?

Xaijiqq

« Reply #341 on: July 07, 2018, 12:34:16 am »
i have hope that 2018 will be the year of the new XMAME v2.0 release! :)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 12:41:29 am by Xaijiqq »

VanZan

« Reply #342 on: August 10, 2018, 09:40:48 pm »
You use 'clrmamepro' utility to convert one mame rompack to another. It takes a while and is not very simple to use as there are so many options, and you must get the specific .DAT file associated with the mame version you need.  It can convert a later rompack to any of these versions you guys cannot find.

Pretty sure it's not as simple as that....why then do they release rollback sets? Roms are removed as well as added over time. If the rom is not in a later version but was in a previous version then clrmamepro isn't going to materialise it out of thin air. I think (and I'm going to investigate it tomorrow) that once you have the latest Mame, the latest rollback set, the DAT file of the set you need and clrmamepro then you might be able to get sorted.

Also I can't seem to install XMame to my micro SD....right protected or something. Is ext2 still a requirement?

Kinggodcul

« Reply #343 on: November 09, 2019, 03:56:50 am »
Thank you always. Currently testing at 350.
The LR button does not work in xmame1.3. 6 button game is not working well.
And the most curious thing is how to make a snapshot.
 I want to know the format of an existing snapshot.
4bit image converting is difficult and snapshot image is insufficient and I want to make it myself.

callmepepito09

« Reply #344 on: November 30, 2019, 06:46:42 pm »
Running into issues with a game that uses Konamigx.  Run N Gun 2 doesn't seem to pick up that the bios/protection is there.  Loads through the mame lists and music starts but then the system crashes back to the main menu.  Is there anything that can be done to alter this or is run n gun 2 just not compatible? Is there another area to place the konamigx other than the roms directory?

Thank you 

davidgilmour

« Reply #345 on: May 15, 2020, 07:01:31 am »
Yes, it would be awesome to see xmame 2.0 released!

Elaphe666

« Reply #346 on: October 14, 2020, 10:38:49 am »
I have recently purchased a RG350M. Some years ago I owned a GCW Zero. XMAME 1.3 is, together with FBA, the main emulator I use. However, I have found that games running at 5? hz instead of 60 hz are jerky. This is normal because of the frequency missmatch. I compiled my own build of MAME for Windows modifying the source with some changes, one of which forces all games to 60 hz, which fixes the problem with 5? hz games. Is there a way to have access to the XMAME 1.3 source so I can download it and try to modify it? I have never compiled for Linux/OpenDinguX, but I guess I could find a way to do it. Being too optimistic, has anyone here already patched XMAME to forced 60hz and release the opk? There are many good and interesting games affected such as R-Type, Bad Dudes, Sly Spy, Hammering Harry, Robocop, Legend of Hero Tonma, Ninja Spirit, Caveman Ninja, Dragon Breed... FBA run this games at 60hz but, unfortunatelly, they perform very badly with that emulator. So, I think it would be great and worth the effort to be able to play these games with silk smooth performance in XMAME. Thank you very much.

davidgilmour

« Reply #347 on: October 21, 2020, 11:16:05 pm »
I have recently purchased a RG350M. Some years ago I owned a GCW Zero. XMAME 1.3 is, together with FBA, the main emulator I use. However, I have found that games running at 5? hz instead of 60 hz are jerky. This is normal because of the frequency missmatch. I compiled my own build of MAME for Windows modifying the source with some changes, one of which forces all games to 60 hz, which fixes the problem with 5? hz games. Is there a way to have access to the XMAME 1.3 source so I can download it and try to modify it? I have never compiled for Linux/OpenDinguX, but I guess I could find a way to do it. Being too optimistic, has anyone here already patched XMAME to forced 60hz and release the opk? There are many good and interesting games affected such as R-Type, Bad Dudes, Sly Spy, Hammering Harry, Robocop, Legend of Hero Tonma, Ninja Spirit, Caveman Ninja, Dragon Breed... FBA run this games at 60hz but, unfortunatelly, they perform very badly with that emulator. So, I think it would be great and worth the effort to be able to play these games with silk smooth performance in XMAME. Thank you very much.

@slaanesh has the source code

davidgilmour

« Reply #348 on: November 18, 2020, 11:45:47 am »
i have hope that 2018 will be the year of the new XMAME v2.0 release! :)

Yes, slaanesh has been working on it since 2015. Just a few more years and he will release it!  ;)

I'm working on an OPK version, I've made some internal changes so the next release, which will be v2.0 will run as an OPK.

I've also got some other fixes in there.