Author Topic: XMAME v1.0 release  (Read 154517 times)

dingooforever

Re: XMAME v1.0 release
« Reply #300 on: June 12, 2016, 10:50:29 pm »
hi Slaanesh,

Any chance you will release a preliminary Pandora version during this summer?

How much faster will be Xmame for Pandora compared to the GCW Zero version?

toto

« Reply #301 on: June 13, 2016, 02:37:29 am »
Thanks Slaanesh!  ;D

davidgilmour

« Reply #302 on: September 21, 2016, 06:22:58 pm »
Sorry guys getting back to this. Been busy with Mame4all. Will get that OPK out ASAP
Awesome! Do you have an indication when? Thanks for the great work!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 01:01:43 am by davidgilmour »

davidgilmour

« Reply #303 on: October 02, 2016, 12:54:09 am »
@slaanesh I have been playing around with mame4all, fba and xmame now for more than a week and I think xmame is the best version.

Why? It plays everything that Mame4all plays, so basically Mame4all has become obsolete in a way (though it is easier to install and more basic).

XMame also plays all the games Neogeo, CPS1, CPS2 etc that FBA Plays. Even thugh FBA has a nicer interface than mame at some levels, but that is only a matter of taste.

And it plays many games that neither M4ALL of FBA don't play. Like for instance the Irem M72 games rtype 2, loht, dragon breed, hammerin harry etc.  So far I have seen only one game that runs better on FBA and that is Outrun. Has more fpm in FBA.

There's only a one minor thing that I don't like about Xmame and that is the icon of the program.
Is it possible to change that? Is there a way I could do that myself?
I would rather have something like this http://www.easyicon.net/language.en/1172073-mame_icon.html

And i also have a question about the two .bmp files that we can change in xmame.
One is the introscreen

And the other is the green menuscreen.

In a posting you say that it must be 8bit colour PNG file. Do you really mean PNG or did you mean BMP?
I am not able to create two new bmp files that are 82kb big. They both become smaller and therefor I am not able to change them myself.
I want to have a totally black menu screen and an introscreen in the same mood like the "M" icon that I posted.
How can I do this myself too?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 01:16:28 am by davidgilmour »

eltehero

« Reply #304 on: October 02, 2016, 11:42:50 am »
@slaanesh I have been playing around with mame4all, fba and xmame now for more than a week and I think xmame is the best version.

And it plays many games that neither M4ALL of FBA don't play. Like for instance the Irem M72 games rtype 2, loht, dragon breed, hammerin harry etc.  So far I have seen only one game that runs better on FBA and that is Outrun. Has more fpm in FBA.

@davidgilmour. Do the irem M72 games run at full 60fps speed with sound?

davidgilmour

Re: XMAME v1.0 releas
« Reply #305 on: October 02, 2016, 12:10:02 pm »

@davidgilmour. Do the irem M72 games run at full 60fps speed with sound?
Yes all these games run at full speed full sound!

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=738

There are some games like Gunforce 1, Undercover Cops and R Type Leo that run mostly on 60 fps during the game.
Only at the intros of the startupscreens they drop a little bit in framerate. But these 3 are not M72. They do run fine at 100% during the game, so that is a bonus.

Xmame does not run M73 and other newer Irem hardware very god well. Games like Gunforce2, Mystic Riders, Major Title Golf 2, Dream94, Hook, In the Hunt and Risky Chalkenge are more or less unplayable due to the huge slowdowns frame skipping. I have tested them all. These games are made on newer boards like Irem M92 and M107 arcade board. But luckily M72 with some nice classics plays at 100%!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 12:21:53 pm by davidgilmour »

toto

« Reply #306 on: October 02, 2016, 03:41:09 pm »
Miss Xmame so much  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(   For some reason I can't make it run anymore.

davidgilmour

« Reply #307 on: October 02, 2016, 06:59:17 pm »
Miss Xmame so much  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(   For some reason I can't make it run anymore.
@toto here, go to the final post on this page. Download the file from the russian guy. It will install xmame for you, that's how I did it. Look at the posting from @podmaz

http://boards.dingoonity.org/gcw-releases/mame4all-v1-2-new-year-edition/120/

Good luck!

toto

« Reply #308 on: October 03, 2016, 02:30:44 am »
Thanks DavidGilmour but I already have Mame4all running on my unit, I am looking for Xmame. Thanks you anyway  ;D

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #309 on: October 03, 2016, 02:34:03 am »
G'day,

I've been busy with some MAME4ALL stuff but I am going to put the updated XMAME for GCW0 top of the list and get it out. Sorry to all those who have been waiting for it.

As for the intro files, yes I think they are PNGs, they did used to be BMP - I can't recall off the top of my head now but I'll check it out tonight.

As for Outrun, which version are you using? XMAME 0.69 should run it fairly nicely as I recall - and will be slightly faster again with my latest release.

Mar8

« Reply #310 on: October 03, 2016, 04:38:20 am »
G'day,

I've been busy with some MAME4ALL stuff but I am going to put the updated XMAME for GCW0 top of the list and get it out. Sorry to all those who have been waiting for it.

As for the intro files, yes I think they are PNGs, they did used to be BMP - I can't recall off the top of my head now but I'll check it out tonight.

As for Outrun, which version are you using? XMAME 0.69 should run it fairly nicely as I recall - and will be slightly faster again with my latest release.

Hell yeah!! Thanks @slaanesh ! :)

toto

« Reply #311 on: October 03, 2016, 05:03:36 am »
"Sorry to all those who have been waiting for it" Please don't and thanks again for your amazing work. I'm sure everybody here understand that working on apps is very time consuming and you do it for free. Thanks for all your efforts and dedication! 

howie_k

« Reply #312 on: October 03, 2016, 07:45:19 am »
Excellent -looking forward to the new version, assume it will be an opk version this time? Thank you for all your hard work.

davidgilmour

« Reply #313 on: October 03, 2016, 08:09:04 am »
Thanks DavidGilmour but I already have Mame4all running on my unit, I am looking for Xmame. Thanks you anyway  ;D
@toto sorry, I mixed links up.
Here is the xmame 1.3 opk from slaanesh.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f50ho3ktwsli7tp/xmame_1.3.opk?dl=0

@slaanesh thanks for your work. I found the .png file for the icon and was able to change it!
I got the 32x32 version from here and just renamed it and put it in the right directory
http://www.easyicon.net/language.en/1172073-mame_icon.html

I can delete mame4all now. Your mame is the best!

dingooforever

« Reply #314 on: October 04, 2016, 03:38:21 pm »
@slaanesh: any news of the Pandora version?

eltehero

« Reply #315 on: October 04, 2016, 04:34:25 pm »

and gp2x version?

davidgilmour

« Reply #316 on: October 04, 2016, 04:42:46 pm »
@dingooforever it should run much faster. Look at this 2010 (!) video. All the games shown run great on gcw mame too except for "in the hunt". That does not run good on the gcw (m4a, fba, xmame) but it was already running 100% on the pandora!

https://youtu.be/69mtRRwXoyk

Gcw34ohda

« Reply #317 on: November 03, 2016, 03:03:29 am »
Glad to say I got Ninja Baseball Batman working on this!
Have you noticed slow downs at times? If so are those short comings due to hardware limitations?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 03:06:45 am by Gcw34ohda »

gameblabla

« Reply #318 on: November 03, 2016, 04:12:54 am »
Have you noticed slow downs at times? If so are those short comings due to hardware limitations?
That does not run good on the gcw (m4a, fba, xmame) but it was already running 100% on the pandora!
Well, MAME isn't exactly designed to run fast, for one.

But i'll have to say that the GCW0, despite running at the same clock frequency as the Pandora,
is much slower than the Pandora.
The Pandora has faster memory, faster storage access (pcercuei was apparently working on that)
and most of all, uses a popular architecture which means it can take advantage of specifc NEON optimisations.

Interestingly enough, the prototypes are actually faster than the retail ones due to faster memory being used.
(DDR2 instead of SDRAM)
I would be glad to see a GCW0 prototype runnong some games on MAME so we can compare it.

Thylacine

« Reply #319 on: June 24, 2017, 06:27:24 am »
any news on the Pandora version or have you given up.

Post a new topic