• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Snes9x4D ??  (Read 9514 times)

hobastian (OP)

Snes9x4D ??
« on: June 07, 2013, 06:27:06 am »
I've seen youtube videos of Snes9x4D running on the GCW but I didn't see it amongst the opks on google drive. Anybody know where to get it?
Dingoo, Open Pandora and GCW enthusiast, C++ coder, and linux user.

ruffnutts

Re: Snes9x4D ??
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 08:32:21 am »
Jump on IRC they will sort you out irc.freenode.net #gcw  8)

MT007

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 02:09:15 am »
I figure this would be helpful for the next batch of people, The OPK is now on the google docs page. This is the link just in case https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B9EgGumkJaabSE9TaEdFbVVBSlU/edit

Yrx

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 06:59:27 am »
I figure this would be helpful for the next batch of people, The OPK is now on the google docs page. This is the link just in case https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B9EgGumkJaabSE9TaEdFbVVBSlU/edit
+1. This is MUCH better than the old version! Transparency doesn't hit performance at all, and I'm getting a solid 60fps on MMX. Only drawbacks are 1.) still using software rendering (like everything else at this point), and 2.) sound is still horrendous.

Can someone hijack the sound code from PocketSNES and just kind of insert it? :P

Yertle

• !
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 07:23:47 am »
I can't figure out what a lot these are. Is there a better way to find out what those without installing to see? I am looking for an NES emulator and do not see one.

Also, when I open Snes9x4D and then go to select my SNES ROM folder, it goes right back to the main menu. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 07:41:38 am by Yertle »

Yrx

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 07:46:10 am »
I can't figure out what a lot these are. Is there a better way to find out what those without installing to see? I am looking for an NES emulator and do not see one.

Also, when I open Snes9x4D and then go to select my SNES ROM folder, it goes right back to the main menu. Any ideas?
FCEU is the one for NES. When a more permanent file repository is up it will be a lot easier.

Also, you're pressing the A button, right? Start almost always takes you back to GMenu2X.

MT007

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 10:39:36 am »
@Yertle
Make sure your Files have the .smc file type or else Snes9x4D won't find them, I had that issue with files that had .sfc on them.

SNESFAN

Re: Re: Snes9x4D ??
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2013, 12:37:18 pm »

Check for special chars. I had a game that had a 1/2 ASCII symbol in one of my games (rama 1/2) and it did the same thing till I removed it.

One sure fire way to prevent this from happening is to transfer your ROMs with filezilla because it doesn't allow for those special characters either.

My gameboy games had some weird ' symbol that was causing mine to force close out as well

Not guaranteed to be a fix for that, but that's what it was in my case
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 12:41:32 pm by SNESFAN »

Awakened

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2013, 07:03:42 pm »
@Yertle
Make sure your Files have the .smc file type or else Snes9x4D won't find them, I had that issue with files that had .sfc on them.
That's pretty crappy considering .sfc is the preferred No-Intro file type.

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2013, 07:09:01 pm »
I can add the file association to the next firmware. In the meantime you can ZIP the ROMs or rename them to .smc.

RupeeClock

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2013, 07:14:50 pm »
I can add the file association to the next firmware. In the meantime you can ZIP the ROMs or rename them to .smc.
Wait, does that mean that the emulation filetype association is handled in the GCW Zero's firmware, rather than the OPK?

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2013, 07:21:17 pm »
The OPK says it can open zipped files and SNES ROMs, the firmware deduces the files extensions.

RupeeClock

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2013, 07:29:10 pm »
The OPK says it can open zipped files and SNES ROMs, the firmware deduces the files extensions.

In other words the firmware needs to be familiar with file extensions, something of an agreement between the applications and the firmware.

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2013, 07:31:50 pm »
Exactly.

Awakened

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2013, 08:17:15 pm »
Great that you can load zipped .sfcs, though direct support for that extension is welcomed.

Yertle

• !
Re: Re: Snes9x4D ??
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2013, 04:45:19 am »

Check for special chars. I had a game that had a 1/2 ASCII symbol in one of my games (rama 1/2) and it did the same thing till I removed it.

One sure fire way to prevent this from happening is to transfer your ROMs with filezilla because it doesn't allow for those special characters either.

My gameboy games had some weird ' symbol that was causing mine to force close out as well

Not guaranteed to be a fix for that, but that's what it was in my case

It's been a while since I've filtered my SNES roms. They were a mess. I went through and cleaned them all up and now it works perfect! Thanks!

What are some of the other emulators that are available through the Google drive but aren't labeled with the name?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 05:00:27 am by Yertle »

hi-ban

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2013, 07:29:37 am »
pocketsnes and snes9x4d are for SNES.
picodrive is for Genesis/Megadrive.

gambatte, gnuboy and ohboy are GB/GBC emus.
gpsp is GBA.
unreal speccy is Spectrum.
scummvm is for playing classic point-n-click adventure games, like Monkey Island.

most of the others are either homebrew games or PC ports (doom, quake...)

Post a new topic