• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: PSX4ALL & Temper file type filter  (Read 3327 times)

Dr_Bunsen (OP)

PSX4ALL & Temper file type filter
« on: June 05, 2018, 05:09:59 pm »
I'm wondering if there's a way to filter the file lists in PSX4ALL and Temper so that just the following files show up for selection:

PSX4ALL: .PBP, .cue

Temper: .cue, .pce

Since both use CD images, some games can have dozens of .bin, .ogg etc files and the selection lists become difficult to navigate.
My Portable Devices: Sega Game Gear, PSP 3000, PS Vita, Nvidia Shield Portable, GPD Win, GPD XD+, Bitboy V1, Coolboy RS-97, PAP KIII Plus, LDK Landscape, 1Up-Pix Portable Landscape (RPi 3B+), Anbernic RG-350.

gameblabla

Re: PSX4ALL & Temper file type filter
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 05:07:56 pm »
I'm wondering if there's a way to filter the file lists in PSX4ALL and Temper so that just the following files show up for selection:

Since both use CD images, some games can have dozens of .bin, .ogg etc files and the selection lists become difficult to navigate.
It is possible to do so, but only for mime types...
It's the reason why i disabled this for Oswan and recommend people to use the browser inside of oswan.
The firmware does support this :
Code: [Select]
MimeType=application/x-gameboy-rom;application/x-gbc-rom;application/x-gzip;application/zip;application/gzip;However, there are no mime types for pce or pbp... Mimetype also doesn't take extensions.
I never really got a clear answer from them guys... It's certainly possible to add, it's just not there as far as i know.

Dr_Bunsen (OP)

Re: PSX4ALL & Temper file type filter
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 05:15:49 pm »

It is possible to do so, but only for mime types...
It's the reason why i disabled this for Oswan and recommend people to use the browser inside of oswan.
The firmware does support this :
Code: [Select]
MimeType=application/x-gameboy-rom;application/x-gbc-rom;application/x-gzip;application/zip;application/gzip;However, there are no mime types for pce or pbp... Mimetype also doesn't take extensions.
I never really got a clear answer from them guys... It's certainly possible to add, it's just not there as far as i know.

I ask because on the RS-97, .opk format is not used and the external file browser is used for both PSX4ALL and Temper. Using select to edit the entry in gmenu2x, it's easy to setup filters that work perfectly with file extensions. However on the GCW0, although Temper uses the external browser, select does not open up the same type of menu and there's no option for file filters. PSX4ALL uses the internal menu, so there's no options there at all. I'm wondering why the same approach of using external browser and having file extension filter in gmenu2x browser can't be implemented in GCW0?
My Portable Devices: Sega Game Gear, PSP 3000, PS Vita, Nvidia Shield Portable, GPD Win, GPD XD+, Bitboy V1, Coolboy RS-97, PAP KIII Plus, LDK Landscape, 1Up-Pix Portable Landscape (RPi 3B+), Anbernic RG-350.

Post a new topic