• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: PSX emulation ???  (Read 42614 times)

xdplus fanatic-oopsy

• * AKA Dreamesper
Re: PSX emulation ???
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2015, 11:08:52 am »
Zear... originally it did NOT... that's correct. However, over time, Sony released the Dual-Shock & the rest is history. Many upon MANY developers began adopting its support once that controller was released internationally.

Some games, like TWISTED METAL 2, released prior to the Dual-Shock's release, etc. So, as you stated, many did NOT support the controller & then many from the late 90's did, etc.

Many AAA titles support analog use in one way or another for the ps1... whether it is just the left analog nub or both... say, for camera angle support or fighting games such as Tobal 2, etc. I recall Xenogears utilized both analog controls... for motion & also for camera angles, etc.

Also, let's not forget that the Dual Shock controller supports a rumble feature... hopefully a future firmware release for the Zero will begin to support, etc... if it doesn't already from the 8/20/14 update.

My main goal is just to purchase a PS Vita for that single purpose. I love the ps1 gaming era & if I'm not mistaken, the console has like over 1-2000 titles from ALL regions. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

:o
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 11:14:37 am by vetran »

hamie96

• My Website
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2015, 02:39:59 am »
I'm honestly surprised that there hasn't been more progress for PSX emulation on the GCW-Zero considering even the Caanoo and Gizmondo had mediocre PSX emulators.
Because those consoles use the ARM architecture, and it so happens there there is a very efficient ARM dynarec core for PCSX Rearmed.

I wish people with no knowledge about emulation wouldn't make opinions about it. That's the reason why we're losing developers.
Didn't intend for it to be rude, I wasn't aware that PCSX Rearmed's ARM core is the main reason why those handhelds received better emulators.

I have no doubt that someone will make a great PSX emulator soon for the GCW-Zero even without the support of L2/R2. Eventually, someone with the right amount of dedication and knowledge will find a way.

Malleus

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2015, 09:42:52 am »
There is 1 emulator that do have a MIPS2MIPS dynarec but its NOT portable. Daedalus is a heavily optimized N64 Emulator for the PSP, its fast, its quite good but prolly not at all portable even if you have the knowhow to rip out that CPU core, and Im not sure if the MIPS in N64 had the exact same instructionset as the PS1 (MIPS 1 vs MIPS 3 architecture seems close though).
So to make something of it you'd need alooooot of skill and time  :-* :'(
with almost all android devices running ARM (with a few few x64) there is not much chance of anyone being interested in doing all that work.

xdplus fanatic-oopsy

• * AKA Dreamesper
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2015, 10:32:03 am »
ya, its unfortunate... even IF someone managed to get one released within the next 8-12 months... i mean, it would be REAL hard to please many users of the GCW Zero simply because it's lacking the extra analog nub & L2/R2 triggers, etc.

Anyways, it'll be interesting to see if someone can pull it off over time. We'll c...

;)

Malleus

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2015, 01:49:22 pm »
In the meantime buy a used PSP instead and add CFW to it. Still dont have all the buttons but it does have a PS1 emulator made by Sony, or atleast included by sony :)
ps. try to find an older one for permanent CFW

xdplus fanatic-oopsy

• * AKA Dreamesper
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2015, 02:21:32 pm »
... CFW...??   >:(

hamie96

• My Website
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2015, 02:38:41 pm »
In the meantime buy a used PSP instead and add CFW to it. Still dont have all the buttons but it does have a PS1 emulator made by Sony, or atleast included by sony :)
ps. try to find an older one for permanent CFW
The great thing is the Sony emulator accounts for the lack of a second analog stick very well.

... CFW...??   >:(
Custom Firmware is the way to go for the PSP. So many benefits you miss otherwise.

xdplus fanatic-oopsy

• * AKA Dreamesper
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2015, 02:52:08 pm »
Ah, gotcha. Ya, I am just going to purchase a PS Vita one day... so much easier with PSN, purchasing, & ease of dual analog sticks on the unit, etc. Much simpler, quicker & cost effective if you ask me.

Additonally, IF IF IF & WHEN, if ever, there is another Kickstarter project for a GCW Zero 2 or w/e.. I just hope they add L2/R2 triggers + a 2nd analog nub for ps1/n64 gaming, etc... be much easier to sell units & acquire additional business. If that occurs soon, within a yr. or 2, I will have first dibs & just sell my current GCW Zero... be great to have a unit that has those additonal & necessary controls, etc.

;D
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 05:31:22 pm by vetran »

retrogott

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2015, 05:36:11 pm »
It would be awesome do play Castlevania Symphony of the Night on the GCW  8) I hope PSX Emulation would be possible one day.

xdplus fanatic-oopsy

• * AKA Dreamesper
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2015, 05:49:42 pm »
It may be possible, but I'm not quite sold on the idea due to the lack of controls on the Zero. I just ordered a PS VITA today for my ps1/Vita gaming needs. I'm glad I will enjoy it when I receive it tomorrow afternoon.

;D

Atlantis_Risen

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2015, 06:41:20 pm »
It may be possible, but I'm not quite sold on the idea due to the lack of controls on the Zero. I just ordered a PS VITA today for my ps1/Vita gaming needs. I'm glad I will enjoy it when I receive it tomorrow afternoon.

;D

Unfortunately, vita's aren't open source, Sony will fight you with every firmware release. :(

xdplus fanatic-oopsy

• * AKA Dreamesper
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2015, 08:43:35 pm »
i know that it's not open-source... that is NOT the reason I am getting it. I am getting it simply because of the backlog of ps1 games that are available for it off of PSN, etc. With all of its unique features & dual-analog capability, it has just what I need to enjoy the 32-bit era of gaming.

Yes, I realize that I have to pay for the games also... that's perfectly fine... I will gladly pay where dues are owed, etc.

Atlantis_Risen

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2015, 02:58:08 am »
i know that it's not open-source... that is NOT the reason I am getting it. I am getting it simply because of the backlog of ps1 games that are available for it off of PSN, etc. With all of its unique features & dual-analog capability, it has just what I need to enjoy the 32-bit era of gaming.

Yes, I realize that I have to pay for the games also... that's perfectly fine... I will gladly pay where dues are owed, etc.

A Vita is definitely the way to go if you want PS1 emulation, that's for sure.  Enjoy it! :)

xdplus fanatic-oopsy

• * AKA Dreamesper
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2015, 03:16:05 pm »
Thanks. FEDEX should be arriving with my package by later this afternoon. I can't wait. I will keep you all informed of my thoughts within the near future.

;D

revan193

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2015, 11:56:22 am »
If this topic is still alive, can someone tell me if the GCW-Zero now has a fully functional PSX emulator? Or we must wait before being able to play to PSX games like FF9 or Gihren No Yabou (just examples) on the console without bugs?

dmitry_smagin

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2015, 01:03:58 pm »
If this topic is still alive, can someone tell me if the GCW-Zero now has a fully functional PSX emulator? Or we must wait before being able to play to PSX games like FF9 or Gihren No Yabou (just examples) on the console without bugs?
There's none and nobody is working on it, this was told multiple times throughout this forum.

However, you can compile psx4all for gcw0 but it behaves not much better than on dingoo a320, that's why it was never released. Please, don't speculate on this, there's no conspiracy or such.
GCW-Zero prototype, Dingoo a320, Ritmix rzx-50, Dingoo a380, Xperia Play

Aeter

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2015, 12:41:37 am »
Not happening anytime soon.
Like dmitri said nobody's working on it and most don't have the knowledge or time to dive into this, because it is hard work and takes a long time. It basically needs to be written from scratch.
Unless someone who has written a PSX emulator before dives into this, I do not see this happening.
Most GCW0 devs have tons of other projects they want to finish and are not going to invest a lot of time and work to create something with uncertain stability.

There should be a opk floating around of psx4all if you want to see where PSX is at atm.
But your better of with a PS Vita or PSP.
~cucullus non facit monachum~

revan193

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2015, 09:43:42 am »
I see... So, no functional PSX emulator for the GCW-Zero, unless someone create one from scratch (little chances of that happening)...

Otherwise, does anyone knows what emulators is working at 100% on the Zero? PSX emulation is not something THAT important to me (the PSP can emulate all PSX games without any problems).

I mean, does the console have working NES, SNES, GB, GBC and GBA emulators? Maybe a N64 emulator?

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2015, 09:55:14 am »
NES, SNES, GB, GBC and GBA: yes
N64: no

care16la20 (OP)

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2015, 02:02:59 pm »
If psx4all had further development..... Besides the GUI and some flaws, it runs already a good amount of games in a satisfying way....

OR an port o EXPSE , this was released on the android platform recently.

Lack of 2 analogs and L2 R2 make no sense to justify that it's not a good idea to port the platform; Only a few games use the psx controller to it's fullest...

It would be almost the same to say "forget an msx emulator because 3d glasses are not supported and them it wont have 100% compatibility with the game database"  :P