Author Topic: Problems with SCUMMVM games  (Read 2641 times)

Duss321 (OP)

Problems with SCUMMVM games
« on: September 24, 2015, 08:22:15 pm »
I'm new to the forums, but not new to linux or emulation.
I have got a bit of a problem, i have installed SCUMMVM and mice injoy on the GCW Zero.
I have put the games on the sd card and into the SCUMMVM interface.
But when i try to start some games SCUMMVM crashes to GCW Zero menu.
Some games do work however like Broken Sword 1 and Full Throttle. Other games like Day of the Tentacle doenst.

Is there a fix for this? I know Android Phones need SCUMMVM plugins for some games to work in SCUMMVM, is this also the case with the GCW Zero?

David Knight

Re: Problems with SCUMMVM games
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 09:39:01 pm »
Hello and welcome to the forum.

One possible reason for the crash is if your firmware isn't up-to-date. You can obtain the latest version with instructions on how to install here.

The next place to check would be the log file. You can use "DinguxCmdr" to locate and read this. Hopefully this will tell you what went wrong. If you post it on the forums we will help you.

You may also need to change the music and graphics settings for the game.

Also I don't know which version you are using, you may wish to try my recent "development" release which supports more games and uses both the analogue stick and the D-Pad as a mouse cursor without using the "Mouse in joy" app.

Duss321 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 11:15:34 am »
Sorry for the laaaate reply.
I have the latest firmware from the official gcw website.
I also downloaded your version of scummvm.
The joypad doesnt work.

Some games do work, like the lucas arts games. I.e. Fulk Throttle and the dig. Also broken sword (although i have to figure out how to getthe cutscenes in there, i think ive read how to do that on the scummvm website).

But unfortunatly simon the sorcerer foesnt work and same goes for day of the tentacle. Those games crash to home screen when started. Going to try the amiga versions, to see if they do work as i have the windows pc versions on the gcw zero at the moment.

David Knight

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 07:57:09 pm »
Try changing the configuration settings, in particular the screen resolution and sound settings. I haven't looked at the code for several months but I know that Day of the Tentacle PC version definitely works as this was in my test suite.

Duss321 (OP)

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 06:59:40 pm »
I still cant get some games to work. The dig and zack mackracken works fine. Most others like simon the sorcerer and day of the tentacle doesnt. Im on the latest firmware of the gcw and have tried several releases of scummvm incl. Yours and the official. Most of the games just crash to menu. I have no problems using it on android, ios and rpi. Could you let me know what settings you are using? Also does it matter which version i use of the game, i.e. Amiga of pc? Also analogue stick doesnt work, i use mice in joy to use the stick.

EDIT: Nvm im an idiot, i set the sound to adlib and everything works fine now. Guess who's goimg to have a good time during his holiday?! :)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 07:50:58 pm by Duss321 »

Post a new topic