• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: PLAYSTATION AND N64 Emulators on the GCW ZERO?  (Read 23766 times)

Beerman1138

Re: PLAYSTATION AND N64 Emulators on the GCW ZERO?
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2015, 02:35:31 am »
Quickman -- AMEN.  It will be nice when they get those features ready. 

Dongo -- Since you keep lying, here's what I find:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=GCW+Zero+N64
First Video - "GCW Zero Update: MAME, Final Burn Alpha, and More!"
  ---> Gee, everything BUT an N64 emulator being showed off on a Zero, as far as I can tell.
Second Video - "Original Archos Gamepad and Emulator Retro Games Review - Compared with the GCW Zero"
  ----> Again, no mention in the description of N64.  Maybe the Archos Gamepad can run it, and that's why this came up?
Third Video - "GCW Zero Handheld Review (Gameplay & Final Thoughts)"
  -----> See a trend?  No N64 mention in the text!
Fourth Video - "GCW Zero - Challenge Accepted! (11) Star Fox... um, maybe"
  ------> If only they mentioned Star Fox 64, then this would be about N64 emulation on the Zero
Fifth Video - "GCW Zero Handheld Review - Retro Game Emulation - SNES, Genesis, Gameboy, NES"
 ------> Again, everything BUT an N64 emulator running on a Zero. 

Post a link, or you are full of it.  N64 emulation has been done on other platforms, but it is a near impossibility on this one.  Stop the drama, please. 

Quickman

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2015, 04:25:25 pm »
From what I read, the GCW zero team attempted to port Mupen64, but here are a couple of threads I found on people discussing the port of DaedalusX64 for the GCW0. Seems like it could have happened if there were more people interested. So sad.  Who knows, maybe someone is privately working by themselves on this project. We can only hope.

http://forums.daedalusx64.com/viewtopic.php?t=4325

http://forums.daedalusx64.com/viewtopic.php?t=4265

Also the video that Zear posted showing the slower Nintendo 64 animation, I couldn't help but think the whole time: "wow, still looks pretty amazing though. Dammit.."
 I'd hate to ask the moderator on this one, but in order to slow down the drama and maybe put some heads to rest,

Dearest @zear , would DaedalusX64 have been the exact same situation as the Gcw zero's attempt at Mupen?

And sorry to bug you.  I just didn't want to see another thread get locked because of unfinished business or drama. You're the best

Surkow

• * Administrator
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2015, 08:45:42 pm »
DaedalusX64 wasn't viable due to their MIPS port being PSP-specific, shortcuts/hacks, low accuracy and simply not being maintainable.

Quickman

« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2015, 09:26:09 pm »
DaedalusX64 wasn't viable due to their MIPS port being PSP-specific, shortcuts/hacks, low accuracy and simply not being maintainable.
Ah,  gotcha.  Thank you.
 I guess cutting corners doesn't always pay off.
 Appreciate the reply! 
Maybe someone should let everyone know what you just said in those thread links that I posted ha ha

@Surkow  so then I guess Mupen64 was the way to go, but it only ran at 30% speed, and any work further would take extreme hard work for a very long time with the possibility of still running at 30% speed.

I won't post an emoticon, but I'm frowning very much right now

Lame...booooo!....hissss!!!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 04:41:05 pm by Quickman »

Fluxchar

« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2015, 04:34:22 pm »
I think this Dongo guy is what we all dread on a community supported project like this. I also own a Pandora and I have guys like this trolling on their forum on the daily as well...So you are complaining and yelling that something must be done quicker and you want reults. Well, how about you pick up a book and do the coding and programming yourself since im sure 99% of the guys that already did porting did it FOR FREE and spent THEIR own time doing so. The GCW will not loss support as this page is always active. What you should have done, is more research before you bought one. its as simple as that. My PSX emulator works quite fine.
The fact that you asked us where to put the BIOS file and then where to find one shows you may not know about emulators like you think you do as this is a 5th grade question in this community... But then again, You are carrying yourself as a 5th grader on this board. regardless, Instead of complaining and sounding like a little brat, you should THANK the devs and ZEAR and ZIZ in particular for still being so active here and porting games over. the GCW has come a long way, (I got mine on kickstarter) and have been playing it ever since. Also, im still waiting for the n64 links. Shouldn't be that hard to press ctrl button and copy and paste the info here  8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 04:31:18 pm by Fluxchar »

ker

« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2015, 11:35:59 pm »
+1000 @Fluxchar

Post a new topic