• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: My only real remaining complaint...  (Read 2644 times)

Yrx (OP)

My only real remaining complaint...
« on: July 09, 2013, 06:40:02 am »
Scaling!

-PocketSNES has no scaling (don't say use snes9x4d, sound is terrible on some games; or else THAT needs to get fixed. :P )
-Picodrive scaling only works in some games, but even when it works it's only horizontal (ref. Shining Force II, Gemfire for examples of non-working)
-gpSP only has zero scaling or fullscreen that stretches the aspect ratio

Some other things like key mapping being in every emulator would be nice as well, but it's currently not that annoying. Is there anyone that feels like working on this, or am I the only person it annoys?

gustavolatil

Re: My only real remaining complaint...
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 06:58:13 am »
Scaling!

-PocketSNES has no scaling (don't say use snes9x4d, sound is terrible on some games; or else THAT needs to get fixed. :P )
-Picodrive scaling only works in some games, but even when it works it's only horizontal (ref. Shining Force II, Gemfire for examples of non-working)

Some other things like key mapping being in every emulator would be nice as well, but it's currently not that annoying. Is there anyone that feels like working on this, or am I the only person it annoys?
before playing with the gcw i was a android phone + bluetooth controller user and i know that the emus and applications aren't the final release and they are in "work in process" status so i hope all those features will come in the future
those problems just bugs me a little

Surkow

• * Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 11:12:09 am »
Scaling!

[...]
Is the sound still set at 16kHz? That is probably the reason why the sound is terrible. Change it to 32kHz or higher (might impact performance).

zear

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 12:15:08 pm »
Scaling!

These things will come with time. The emulators you mentioned are "proof of concept", not finished and optimized ports. They need some more polish that will happen sooner or later. You have acquired them from our google drive repository, which was meant as a way to share the work-in-progress opks between the developers and beta testers. They were never meant for a release.

SNESFAN

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 01:57:06 pm »
O.o I didnt know that. I was always under the assumption the gdrive was just in place till the repo was up. I had to beg plead and barter to get some pre-release files not on there. I had figured once they hit that source they were ready for distrobution.

Well good to know these are only public betas

zear

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 02:10:05 pm »
Well, ever since the link to that repo spread through the forums, some have uploaded newer versions of their software into the google drive. So some of the opks in there might be final versions of the software, but most is old wip stuff.

Post a new topic