• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: I NEED TEMPER or another working PcEngine emulator  (Read 65967 times)

opt2not

Re: I NEED TEMPER or another working PcEngine emulator
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2013, 04:47:08 am »
Anyone tested any tg16 CD games.... I can't get any to work

Yes, using Temper they all work for me so far.
Just got this going as well. It's pretty awesome! Dracula X, Cotton, Dungeon Explorer II, all the Ys', and R-type Complete all run great.

A couple pointers if you're wanting to get this going:
1. I found ogg's worked better than wavs. For some games the wavs ended up sounding scratchy and tinny, but once I converted them to ogg, all was good.
2. make sure that the cue files are pointing to the ogg's
3. Like qbertaddict said: "you need syscard3.bin in the syscard directory. Do a search for it. Also do a search for the wiz version of temper it has all the instructions and the converter app for cd's"

Questions: Does Temper crash for you guys when trying to get to the emulator's menu while running a game?
It just kicks me completely out of Temper when I try.

Is there a way to enable Output Logs for .dge installs?

Gab1975

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2013, 03:42:07 pm »
I made a quick test of Temper... I tested about 15-16 HuCard games (jap/usa) and all work fine (full speed and without glitches)... I tested 4 CD games: Akumajou Dracula X (J) and Cotton Fantastic Night Dream (U) work fine; Star Parodia (J) displays a message on screen (japanese language), probably that the system is incompatible with the software (I tried to replace the version of syscard*.bin, but nothing has changed); Super Air Zonk doesn't run...

Moreover I found some "issues" in the emulator... in the configure pad menu the keys X and Y are inverted (of course, this emulator is based on dingoo keymap); the assign of the triggers is "locked" (L trigger fast forward and R trigger exit to the emulator) the remapping doesn't  work...

qbertaddict

• * Former Staff
  • The Doctor
    • about.me
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2013, 05:31:31 pm »
I made a quick test of Temper... I tested about 15-16 HuCard games (jap/usa) and all work fine (full speed and without glitches)... I tested 4 CD games: Akumajou Dracula X (J) and Cotton Fantastic Night Dream (U) work fine; Star Parodia (J) displays a message on screen (japanese language), probably that the system is incompatible with the software (I tried to replace the version of syscard*.bin, but nothing has changed); Super Air Zonk doesn't run...

Moreover I found some "issues" in the emulator... in the configure pad menu the keys X and Y are inverted (of course, this emulator is based on dingoo keymap); the assign of the triggers is "locked" (L trigger fast forward and R trigger exit to the emulator) the remapping doesn't  work...
Remapping x y a and b works without issue. For japanese games make sure you have the japanese syscard or the arcade card bios

Gab1975

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2013, 08:47:37 pm »

Remapping x y a and b works without issue. For japanese games make sure you have the japanese syscard or the arcade card bios

Thanks for help! :)
Yes, I have already remapped the x and y buttons... I tried also to remap L and R triggers, but it's not possible, their functions are "preset" (L trigger "fast forward" and R trigger "exit")...
I tested Star Parodia (J) and Super Air Zonk (U) with all bios (jap syscard, usa syscard and game express syscard), but they don't want run (maybe a compatibily problem with the emulator)... I tested 3 new CD games, and they run fine: Bakushou Yoshimoto no Shinkigeki (J), Bonk III CD (U) and Wonder Boy III - Monster Lair (U).

opt2not

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2013, 10:01:23 pm »
Yes, I have already remapped the x and y buttons... I tried also to remap L and R triggers, but it's not possible, their functions are "preset" (L trigger "fast forward" and R trigger "exit")...
Ohhh...thats why it boots me out of the emulator...R trigger is not Menu like the settings say in the emulator's menu.
Ok then, so my emulator isn't crashing when trying to access the menu. Ha!  8)

But accessing the menu through the hold/lock-button is just silly. ;)

I tested Star Parodia (J) and Super Air Zonk (U) with all bios (jap syscard, usa syscard and game express syscard), but they don't want run (maybe a compatibily problem with the emulator)... I tested 3 new CD games, and they run fine: Bakushou Yoshimoto no Shinkigeki (J), Bonk III CD (U) and Wonder Boy III - Monster Lair (U).
I just tried Super Air Zonk, and it runs without issue for me. Did you verify your .cue file is pointing to the right binaries and music files?

Gab1975

« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2013, 11:46:42 pm »
But accessing the menu through the hold/lock-button is just silly. ;)

I mapped "menu" on Y button, in my opinion it's better than the hold/lock button...

I just tried Super Air Zonk, and it runs without issue for me. Did you verify your .cue file is pointing to the right binaries and music files?

... maybe I used a wrong iso and/or cue file!

yoshi41

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2013, 12:25:05 pm »
Star Parodia (J) displays a message on screen (japanese language), probably that the system is incompatible with the software (I tried to replace the version of syscard*.bin, but nothing has changed); Super Air Zonk doesn't run...

You got probably a message telling the backup RAM isn't properly formatted...

Here are the steps to initialize the the RAM...

Press SELECT on the CD-ROM BIOS screen.

Now format the RAM.

And go back to the CD-ROM BIOS screen.

Emulator packs and fact sheets for Wiz, Caanoo, Dingoo and Pandora.

Gab1975

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2013, 02:35:42 pm »
Thanks Yoshi41 ! :) Yes, I already solved the problem with Star Parodia (using your same procedure)! In a few words the emulated console backup RAM must be initialized before to start the game!

BlockABoots

« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2013, 11:41:00 pm »
Ok i have copied the Temper folder to the internal storage but i cant seem to get temper to show up in the emulators tab, only way im able to get Temper to show up is to press 'Select' and then 'scan for apps and games' and the another tab appears called 'found dge' which contains Temper. I then press select on temper and edit and change the section to 'emulators', it then appears in the emulators tab as it should do, but as soon as i turn the GCW off and back on then Temper is back in the 'Found dge' tab. Any ideas how i get Temper to appear in the emulators tab?

Gab1975

« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2013, 05:59:11 am »
You can follow this video-guide:
<a href="https://web.archive.org/web/20210726134929/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYK67N8Bwrc" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYK67N8Bwrc</a>

kingoffighters

« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2013, 09:34:54 am »
Hello,

I mainly got the GCW so I can play TG16 (mainly Japanese SCD games) on the go but I have not used this type of OS before and what not + have never been part of the community so I just need some help / assurance.    Where do I go for the most up-to-date emulator for SCD2 and CD2 games?  I already have cards bios and what not from PC. 

Sorry but hope a noob can be helped.

BlockABoots

« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2013, 06:57:54 pm »
Just tried dracula X (CD Game), does the flames on the title screen when you select what game to load keep scrolling down really quickly so you can make out what options you have selected for anyone else? Also the button config seems to be messed up, what should they be set as?

EDIT: sorted it, it was because i have six buttons selected in the config menu
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 07:02:06 pm by BlockABoots »

kingoffighters

« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2013, 10:05:23 am »
i just got around installng this but I can't figure out how to boot cd-rom games.  they just go black for like 2 seconds then go back to rom-selection screen.  I put in JP v3 Super CD Card because that's what I have, into the syscards folder.   I can get the syscard screen if I boot directly to it, but I don't think I can put in a cd through that menu.  My CD games are in /cue /iso format

Xantos

« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2013, 11:15:48 pm »
i just got around installng this but I can't figure out how to boot cd-rom games.  they just go black for like 2 seconds then go back to rom-selection screen.  I put in JP v3 Super CD Card because that's what I have, into the syscards folder.   I can get the syscard screen if I boot directly to it, but I don't think I can put in a cd through that menu.  My CD games are in /cue /iso format

I had the same problem then I tried other CD rips and it worked for most of the games.

Norghat

« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2013, 01:22:17 pm »
For the games that don't load properly (black screen => back to menu) you can check if there's some special characters like "?" in the names of the iso/cue, removing the "?" from the filenames and in the .cue did the trick for me ;)

yonif

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2014, 09:17:49 pm »
Anyone to reupload a working version of temper (whatever if it is a dge or a opk version) ?
All the links to the emu on this topic are down.

Thank you.

Gab1975

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2014, 09:53:34 pm »
The following link should be ok...
http://www33.zippyshare.com/v/39164097/file.html

PS: Temper (at least for the time being) is in "dge" format.

yonif

« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2014, 07:09:29 am »
The following link should be ok...
http://www33.zippyshare.com/v/39164097/file.html

PS: Temper (at least for the time being) is in "dge" format.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 07:11:00 am by yonif »

Prophet

« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2014, 06:45:43 am »
Just tried Temper for the first time today on my Zero. Not bad, but scrolling is not smooth.

Is there a way to turn on v-sync, or do we need a new PCE/TG16 emulator made specifically for the Zero?

Inertia

« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2014, 05:57:51 pm »
No temper simply don't handle v-sync (yet, I hope^^), it's my major concern with it :(
Saddly there's not much love for the Pc engine.