• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: gpSP black screen?  (Read 10263 times)

zear

Re: gpSP black screen?
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2013, 02:49:48 pm »
I'm having issues with this as well, can you use dinguxcmdr to move files from external sd to internal?
Yes you can.

Internal SD mountpoint is /media/data/
while external SD mountpoint is /media/sdcard

You can access both these locations via dinguxcmdr and copy the files across.

rojapa

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2013, 02:56:20 pm »
I'm having issues with this as well, can you use dinguxcmdr to move files from external sd to internal?
Yes you can.

Internal SD mountpoint is /media/data/
while external SD mountpoint is /media/sdcard

You can access both these locations via dinguxcmdr and copy the files across.

Thanks, this is great news! I was able to locate the files/folders, just one more question, how does one actually copy the files from one side to the other (external to internal)?

edit: anyway to reset to factory settings, did something wrong and now it won't get to gmenu?

cannot mount /dev/loop0 on root?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 03:38:23 pm by rojapa »

zear

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2013, 03:58:04 pm »
edit: anyway to reset to factory settings, did something wrong and now it won't get to gmenu?

cannot mount /dev/loop0 on root?
Let me clarify what rojapa did here:
He removed the rootfs.bin file, essencially bricking the device.
In order to revert this change, one is required to reflash the entire userland partition from a Linux PC.
Let this be a warning for the others - do not remove files that exist in the filesystem and which you are not familiar with.
We will try to make it read only in the future firmware updates, so you can't accidently delete this essencial file.

sevwin

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2013, 04:27:03 pm »
I understand the file system/structure but what is the fix for this? Are there some hidden files I need to move? Can someone please provide a descriptive list of what files go where? (Only having issues with this emulator, is there a bug???)

Thanks

zear

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2013, 05:14:43 pm »
I understand the file system/structure but what is the fix for this? Are there some hidden files I need to move?
The gba_bios.bin goes to /data/local/home/.gpsp/ (as visible from FTP) or /media/data/local/home/.gpsp/ (as visible from GCW itself).
There are no other requirements or files to copy. You can put the game roms in any directory.

gba_bios.bin is a bios file that you need to dump from your Gameboy Advance. After dumping, it should have the following md5sum:
a860e8c0b6d573d191e4ec7db1b1e4f6

sevwin

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2013, 05:19:34 pm »
I understand the file system/structure but what is the fix for this? Are there some hidden files I need to move?
The gba_bios.bin goes to /data/local/home/.gpsp/ (as visible from FTP) or /media/data/local/home/.gpsp/ (as visible from GCW itself).
There are no other requirements or files to copy. You can put the game roms in any directory.

gba_bios.bin is a bios file that you need to dump from your Gameboy Advance. After dumping, it should have the following md5sum:
a860e8c0b6d573d191e4ec7db1b1e4f6

OK that is very clear and makes sense. I will try this tonight after work. Thanks for your help.

Post a new topic