• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Game&Watch port from Madrigal  (Read 3944 times)

wepecko (OP)

Game&Watch port from Madrigal
« on: January 13, 2019, 04:19:45 pm »
Hello...
would it be possible to use this great source and port these games for GCW0?
im not coder so Im not sure about open licence etc...

http://www.madrigaldesign.it/sim/download.php

gameblabla

Re: Game&Watch port from Madrigal
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 11:35:29 am »
This uses SDL and it sounds doable from a technical prospective.
However, the license it is under is overly broad :
In addition to the constraints set by the CC license, you must respect the following rules:
Do not offer the Software on a pay-per-play basis.
do not distribute the Software through pre-paid access websites or BBS's.
do not use the Software in publications of any form unless written consent is obtained by the author.
do not distribute the Software through mirror websites, unless written consent is obtained by the author.
do not distribute older versions of the Software through authorized mirror websites after newer ones have been made available by the author.
Even if i did a port, i can't even distribute it to you.
The cruel irony is that probably not even Nintendo's own EULA are this restrictive : I can still sell my physical Nintendo games thankfully.

What G&W games do you want to play ? Sounds like i can just redo them from scratch.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 11:37:11 am by gameblabla »

wepecko (OP)

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 01:52:06 pm »
Im not fond of one particular game, the whole library is interesting. I was hoping that if you port to our system and then  provide the source and files and share it through Madrigal pages, everything would be fine...

datadragon

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 05:39:33 am »
Here it says "The files that I included in the package are simulators: programs created from scratch by Luca MADrigal Antignano, recreating the behaviour of the original machines. If anyone wants to know more about this matter, the web page of MADrigal explains very well the difference between "emulation" (using dumped roms) and "simulation". In this case we are using "simulation", performing an imitation of the original machines.
Work on a wide range of platforms including but not limited to: Android, iOS, MacOS/OSX, GameCube, 3DS, Wii, WiiU, PSP, PSVita, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Raspberry Pi, Lakka, Linux and Windows. Recently made available for the newest Nintendo Classics console series: NES, FamiCom, SuperNES and Super FamiCom Mini. http://www.madrigaldesign.it/sim/download.php

...Looks like a good one to port over for retroarch.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 12:35:48 am by datadragon »

Post a new topic
Post a new topic