• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Emulator requests thread  (Read 52015 times)

zhongtiao1

Re: Emulator requests thread
« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2016, 05:16:19 am »
What about MESS? That would give us a bunch of obscure systems

lunar

« Reply #121 on: March 01, 2016, 01:48:29 am »
If you're still interested in suggestions, I would be interested in seeing an update to Gambatte with GBC palette support. Really like the GCW port, but the saving issue and lack of color options hurts it a bit.

I was looking into it, but I don't have access to a Linux machine at the moment.

Awakened

« Reply #122 on: March 01, 2016, 02:03:29 am »
If you're still interested in suggestions, I would be interested in seeing an update to Gambatte with GBC palette support. Really like the GCW port, but the saving issue and lack of color options hurts it a bit.

I was looking into it, but I don't have access to a Linux machine at the moment.
The RetroArch port in the Development forum comes with a Gambatte core that works with palettes. It runs full speed with Shantae and the other games I tried and I didn't notice any save issues.

lunar

« Reply #123 on: March 01, 2016, 02:25:45 am »

The RetroArch port in the Development forum comes with a Gambatte core that works with palettes. It runs full speed with Shantae and the other games I tried and I didn't notice any save issues.
I haven't had save issues with that one, but the RetroArch port's a bit slow for me. I was trying Pokemon Blue earlier and had some stuttering with the sound.

I mostly just suggested it thinking that a standalone port might run faster than a Retroarch core (and may be easier to optimize), but the more that I look into it the more that I doubt it.

Awakened

« Reply #124 on: March 01, 2016, 03:14:26 am »
I haven't had save issues with that one, but the RetroArch port's a bit slow for me. I was trying Pokemon Blue earlier and had some stuttering with the sound.

I mostly just suggested it thinking that a standalone port might run faster than a Retroarch core (and may be easier to optimize), but the more that I look into it the more that I doubt it.
I might not have played long enough to encounter a stutter or just not played something that can cause it. Gambatte is one of the lowest spec requirement accuracy focused emulators I know of; I would imagine an optimized stand alone port could run perfectly at all times on the Zero.

David Knight (OP)

« Reply #125 on: March 01, 2016, 08:00:36 am »

I'm still interested, as far as I am aware all retro arch cores are running more slowly than standalone emulators.

A version of gambette was released in 2013, you can find it here. Let me know if it needs improvement.

lunar

« Reply #126 on: March 01, 2016, 06:31:29 pm »

I'm still interested, as far as I am aware all retro arch cores are running more slowly than standalone emulators.

A version of gambette was released in 2013, you can find it here. Let me know if it needs improvement.
It does, yeah. The major issue is that this version doesn't properly write save data unless you select "Restart Emulator" before exiting it. A lesser issue, but it also doesn't have any palettes for GB games. Not a huge thing, but it's admittedly one of the driving factors in my interest in updating the emulator. There are just a few features like that which could be put in place.

kaio

• All about GCW-Zero on Russian + Repo
« Reply #127 on: May 10, 2017, 07:25:21 am »
hi guys.
What about BBC micro emulator?
Can anybody port the B-EM emulator or something else? Will it possible?
link to the project - http://b-em.bbcmicro.com/
GCW-Zero | JXD S602

Seph817

« Reply #128 on: August 07, 2017, 12:22:44 pm »
hi guys.
What about BBC micro emulator?
Can anybody port the B-EM emulator or something else? Will it possible?
link to the project - http://b-em.bbcmicro.com/

I'd also like to see this, if possible. The source code is there.

gameblabla

« Reply #129 on: August 08, 2017, 10:38:41 pm »
Old computers are tricky due to the requirement of a keyboard.
It's the reason why no Apple 2 emulators were ported, despite it being capable of running it well.
Unless they has a virtual keyboard feature (like UAE4ALL) or the fact that most games only use of keys (like Kegs for the Apple 2GS),
it's going to be a headache.

Plus you can't even attach a real keyboard because USB-OTG was disabled (due to it not being safe apparently).
⚠ WARNING ⚠
If you are using any of my forks, emulators or ports, you are being influenced by propaganda !