• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Did the latest update break sound on Heretic?  (Read 2724 times)

Pliskron (OP)

Did the latest update break sound on Heretic?
« on: July 22, 2013, 02:01:34 am »
I was putting adding some new wads to Chocolate Doom today and noticed the sound on Heretic was broken. I was wondering if this had something to do with the latest update and if anyone else was experiencing this issue?

Damaja

Re: Did the latest update break sound on Heretic?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 07:08:27 pm »
I'm experiencing this too. I'm using the regular chocolate doom opk from the repository (not v2). I also cannot get Heretic to run with the joystick enabled, it just crashes. Strife also doesn't load at all and I have the proper wad's in place, although it does work with chocolatedoom v2. Sound also seems to work in chocolatedoom v2 as well.

However.. I cannot even get chocolatedoom v2 to work. The setup menu doesn't show up like it does in the regular chocolatedoom.opk. It just show a black screen, then I hit B to exit back to GMenu..

Any help with this?

johnnyonflame

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 07:39:52 pm »
I'm experiencing this too. I'm using the regular chocolate doom opk from the repository (not v2). I also cannot get Heretic to run with the joystick enabled, it just crashes. Strife also doesn't load at all and I have the proper wad's in place, although it does work with chocolatedoom v2. Sound also seems to work in chocolatedoom v2 as well.

However.. I cannot even get chocolatedoom v2 to work. The setup menu doesn't show up like it does in the regular chocolatedoom.opk. It just show a black screen, then I hit B to exit back to GMenu..

Any help with this?

Known issue. I'll tackle it once I have time to actually put effort on it.

zear

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 07:44:37 pm »
@Damaja
If I remember correctly, by default Strife generates a config file with the wrong screen resolution (640x480). You can edit it by hand and then the game should launch.

Damaja

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 07:58:18 pm »
Thanks Zear, I edited the chocolate_strife.cfg file, and it seems like fullscreen was enabled (set to 1). I disabled it, and made sure it was also disabled in chocolate setup and now it works.
Also, I've really been enjoying UMG, can't wait for it to be finished. The controls are very polished, definitely my favourite homebrew game in a long time.

Sounds good Johnny, thanks a lot for your efforts as well!

Post a new topic
Post a new topic