Author Topic: Anyone interested in creating a database of native res arcade games at 60/60?  (Read 2833 times)

Elaphe (OP)

I have been writing down all the games that run at constant 60/60 with every arcade emulator for the GCW Zero. The list is not to difficult to manage, considering I have reduced my selection to games at native res without stretch, that is, games at 320x240, 320x224, 288x224 at the most (eg. Sunset Riders), and also resolutions which more or less keep the aspect ratio when the borders are not too large. I exclude all vertical games and all games that do not fit in 320x240 because their horizontal or vertical resolutions are higher (eg. CPS2). Of course, we don't have to mention Neogeo games. I have tested all my favourite games that meet this requirements with FBA, MAME4ALL and, not so with not so thoroughly, with some versions of XMAME. The idea is to find games that run perfectly, at least in terms of performance, and look great without any stretch, indicating in which of the emulators this happens.

Surkow

• * Administrator
You could start by creating a document in Google Docs. It's a nice collaborative tool. You can export the data later on into a database.

Elaphe (OP)

Good idea. I'm new to Google Docs, so please let me if you can acccess and edit the list. Here it is:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VLjTN8KXWlUitnFn4t_2lUEccyFNzaKexIZfuRq-g4Y/edit?usp=sharing

Aeter

It is not public, I have to ask for access to the file.
~cucullus non facit monachum~

Elaphe (OP)

Fixed. Can you try again, please?

Surkow

• * Administrator
Yep, it is working. A spreadsheet is also an option in Google docs.

eltehero

This is a really useful list. Is it being updated regularly?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 06:52:49 pm by van denhawk »

Aeter

This is a really useful list. Is it being updated regularly?
Might need to PM Elaphe about this to be sure.
~cucullus non facit monachum~

Elaphe (OP)

I have updated it several times since I started this thread. Obviously, it's not an exhaustive list because I'm just writing down only the games I have in my collection (those that I like and have installed in my console).

eltehero

Do the games in the lists have flawless sound as well as running at full speed?

Also the list does not include XMAME 0.69

Could the list be updated for that version at some point?

Thanks Elaphe for all the hard work in creating and maintaining the list
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 05:34:58 am by van denhawk »

Elaphe (OP)

I'm not so picky about sound, so it's something you'll have to test by yourself. XMAME 0.69 is not included because I have not tested it. I decided to deal only with the older version and the modern version. Have you tested any games with 0.69 that do not run fine with any of the other versions? It would be good to know.

eltehero

I'm not so picky about sound, so it's something you'll have to test by yourself. XMAME 0.69 is not included because I have not tested it. I decided to deal only with the older version and the modern version. Have you tested any games with 0.69 that do not run fine with any of the other versions? It would be good to know.

I have a gcwzero but I just haven't got round to using it yet due to more important commitments. I will do some day but atm I'm too busy. I really like this community so I visit this forum everyday and keep up to date with latest news and developments.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 06:00:12 pm by van denhawk »

Post a new topic