• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Anyone got C64 working?  (Read 25342 times)

howie_k

Re: Anyone got C64 working?
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2014, 09:52:55 pm »
Just sussed out how to use shift. Move cursor over to the 'sh' key on the virtual keyboard, hold down A. Still holding down A, move cursor off the 'sh' key. You can let go of A now.  Now move cursor to key of your choice, and press A - you will now get the 'shifted' value.  Shift will stay on until you move the cursor back to 'sh' and hit A.

howie_k

« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2014, 09:54:02 pm »
Ps: if people don't know how to move the virtual keyboard around the screen, press A when your cursor is on a bit of blank space on the keyboard, keep holding A, and move the D-pad.

guydebored

« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2014, 11:34:33 am »
Hi everyone,

I've tried everything suggested here and I still can't get vice running on my gcw-zero. My own attempts at compiling vice have led to nothing. Sorry to have to ask, but can anyone share a successful .opk of vice? please? If not, can anyone who has been successful offer a step by step guide that has worked? Thanks!

howie_k

« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2014, 06:40:37 pm »
If you are running the latest firmware, you need to rename x64.dge so that it has extension .elf.  No extension also works, but in the Vice folder there is already a file called that, hence why I suggest .elf.  Make sure you chmod this file (chmod ugo+x should work), but I have found that is not enough, so I also chmod everything in the Vice folder and also the c64 sub directory and it's contents.  That should do it.

SuperMarcoVer (OP)

« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2014, 09:56:34 pm »
If you have the files on an external sd card then you don't have to chmod anything.

Gab1975

« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2014, 11:41:06 pm »
If you have the files on an external sd card then you don't have to chmod anything.

Unless you formatted the external sd-card with ext4 file system! ;)

guydebored

« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2014, 03:31:07 am »
thanks for the speedy responses folks :) I'll give that a try.

richieholes

« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2014, 11:03:54 pm »
For anyone who could not get Vice to start (blank screen, then back to menu), here is what solved it for me.  I used FileZilla to transfer Vice to my GCW Zero.  I ran in to another post on this board and found that someone had to change the transfer mode from ?Auto? to ?Binary? in FileZilla.  This solved the issue for me.  I put together install instructions for anyone who is interested:

First, download Vice from segakiki?s/qbert?s link: https://app.box.com/s/qpa1zad56pizftusoh5q

Extract the zip file.

If using FileZilla, MAKE SURE TO SET THE TRANSFER MODE TO BINARY - File, Preferences, Transfers, File Types, Choose Binary.  This step is extremely important - the emulator will not run if it is not set to Binary.

In FileZilla, copy the Vice directory to /media/data/apps

Create a new directory:
/media/data/apps/Vice/ROMS

Copy all c64 ROMS to this new directory

With the USB cable connected, open a command window. 
telnet 10.1.1.2
This will bring you to the opendingux command prompt (use Linux commands).

cd /media/data/apps/Vice
chmod 755 -R .
exit

On the GCW Zero, go to the Emulators section, press Select, ?Add link in emulators?

browse to data, apps, Vice, select x64

go to x64 icon in Emulators section, press select, ?Edit x64?

Change title to ?c64 Vice?, description to ?c64 emulator?, Icon (browse to data, apps, Vice, select c64.png

Press start to save.

SuperMarcoVer (OP)

« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2014, 05:26:03 am »
Nice man! I have no problems with Vice but this will help the people out how has.

Gab1975

« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2014, 06:49:01 pm »
The current Vice release works pretty well, but it would be good to have an opk version... I know, the Vice emulates different Commodore 8 bit computers, but many users (most, IMHO) are interested only in the C64 emulation, therefore to exclude the other systems it should not be a "big problem"...
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 06:52:14 pm by Gab1975 »

toto

« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2014, 07:28:33 pm »
As for me, never managed tout make it run :(

Post a new topic
Post a new topic