Author Topic: Streets Of Rage Remake v5a  (Read 49169 times)

grom (OP)

Streets Of Rage Remake v5a
« on: October 29, 2013, 09:40:17 pm »
Hello.

Here's the port of Streets Of Rage Remake v5a

Original site: http://www.bombergames.net/sorr_project/

Download opk: http://www.sendspace.com/file/sjrpo1
                            http://www.sendspace.com/file/uyo40u                 

Playable, but debbuging on setting saves in progress ...

You must remove $HOME/.sorrv5a directory to use the last savegame/mapping.

Explain:

-The savegame is automaticaly created in the game directory. As we don't have source code, we don't modify it.
To make an opk (read-only), I create a symlink in it from /tmp/.sorrv5a_savegame. And at each start of the game, I add a symlink from $HOME/.sorrv5a to /tmp/.sorrv5a_savegame. Thanks to the gcw team for this better solution !

-I use the PC version of SORRv5a to access mapping menu. I make a new mapping from Wiz version. It seems I have a conflit with the Select(equiv 'Esc' on keyboard) button, the police comes at the fisrt time and try to escape as 'Start button'  the second one.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 09:15:21 pm by grom »

FreddyBoubil

Re: Streets Of Rage Remake v5a
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 10:06:13 pm »
Hi,

I downloaded it and put it on my SD card. The games launches well, but I can't go after the player select, no button works except Select which brings back to the menu. I also tried to configure controls without any success.

Do I miss something ?

Thx.

hi-ban

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 10:26:10 pm »
Exit the game and retry. If it doesn't work, try putting the OPK in the internal memory.

Scoobysnaxx

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 01:36:53 am »
Hell ya! Thank You for porting this!

Eliwood_san

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 04:33:03 am »
i am noob i cant pass the character selection on this game using the gamepad controller because the start button doesnt work in this mode...using keyboard controller you can pass the character selection but doesnt have the buttons to punch or call the police :(

Gab1975

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 08:35:57 am »
I confirm... in the characters selection screen the d-pad and start button don't work (the analog stick works instead of the d-pad )...

PS: I did a quick test, so it's possible that I let some configurations get away!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 09:13:32 am by Gab1975 »

temaat89

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 09:16:43 am »
I was able to FTP the .opk into the /media/data/apps folder on my GCW but the game isn't showing up even after a reboot.  Am I missing something?

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 10:18:02 am »
Probably the transfer went wrong and the file is corrupted. Try to transfer it again.

Pliskron

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 12:35:46 pm »
You have to set the controls to keyboard and map the keys for this to work. Then everything is fine.

FreddyBoubil

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 05:33:23 pm »
You have to set the controls to keyboard and map the keys for this to work. Then everything is fine.

I just tried this and it works, thanx  :)

Enjoy the game now !

Edit : it doesn't keep the settings, I have to do this every time I play. The game is on the SD Card, should I put it on the internal memory ?

Edit 2 : the same on the internal memory
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 06:07:05 pm by FreddyBoubil »

hi-ban

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 06:10:33 pm »
it keeps the settings for me. Haven't tried to rebind controls, but it remembers all the graphic/game/sound settings, as well as my progress in the game and unlocked content.

I have it stored in the internal memory.

Gab1975

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 06:23:41 pm »
Edit : it doesn't keep the settings, I have to do this every time I play. The game is on the SD Card, should I put it on the internal memory ?

I put the opk in the internal storage memory and I have the same problem... the settings are not saved, so every time I have to set them from the beginning...

Asheraburay

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2013, 08:46:32 pm »
Yes, I am really enjoying this, as it is an awesome game and very well done! My problem is that I can 't find a way to save my game or settings. I have to redo the controls each time and if I beat the game, it won't save anything so I can't unlock anything.  I have mine in the internal storage as a opk file. Thanks for such an awesome game.

FreddyBoubil

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2013, 08:55:30 pm »
Is there any autorization to set on a folder for example, so that the config file can be written ?

Gab1975

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2013, 07:00:16 am »
When the game runs for the first time it makes a work-dir (.sorrv5a) in the home folder (usr/data/local/home), I checked this work-dir with an FTP client and inside there is nothing (in theory there should be a config file)... I checked also the chmod and the access permissions code is "755" as the others work-dirs in the home folder...

PS: I tried to change the SORRv5a.opk access permissions, but the "problem" remains the same!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 08:46:25 am by Gab1975 »

FreddyBoubil

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2013, 08:22:36 am »
When the game runs for the first time it makes a work-dir (.sorrv5a) in the home folder (usr/data/local/home), I checked this work-dir with an FTP client and inside there isn't nothing (in theory there should be a config file)... I checked also the chmod and the access permissions code is "755" as the others work-dirs in the home folder...

PS: I tried to change the SORRv5a.opk access permissions, but the "problem" remains the same!

it keeps the settings for me. Haven't tried to rebind controls, but it remembers all the graphic/game/sound settings, as well as my progress in the game and unlocked content.

I have it stored in the internal memory.

Hi hi-ban, could you check if you have a file in the folder given by Gab1975 above and if so, give it to us ? I'd like to try and see if it could work, once the file exists.

Thanx :)

hi-ban

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2013, 09:58:37 am »
The game should create a savegame file inside the .sorrv5a folder.
I believe the configs are saved in that file, along with your game progress.

Gab1975

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2013, 10:34:18 am »
The game should create a savegame file inside the .sorrv5a folder.
I believe the configs are saved in that file, along with your game progress.

Did you change some access permissions or simply put the opk file in "apps" folder?

hi-ban

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2013, 12:39:30 pm »
i simply put the OPK in the apps folder, in the internal memory.

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2013, 12:52:24 pm »
But you beta-tested it, no? My guess is that the "savegame" folder is not created.

Post a new topic