Author Topic: Stella V1.0  (Read 15950 times)

wepecko

Re: Stella V1.0
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2015, 07:06:40 pm »
is there a way how to browse through rom dir directly with some key combinations instead of going always back to list?

jerm8832

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2015, 12:17:15 am »
Newer than version 1.0?  If so, could you please provide a link?  Don't leave us hangin' bro!  Sincerely, a youtube subscriber!

qbertaddict

• * Former Staff
  • The Doctor
    • about.me
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2015, 01:25:28 am »
I will get the source code from Alekmaul and hopefully David Knight will take it over. The versionI have currently though has paddle support and full speed on all games. The sound sync seems to be off a little though. David are you interested? I can get all of his source code for all his emulators

xXFrostXx

• * Former Staff
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2015, 02:06:03 am »
I will get the source code from Alekmaul and hopefully David Knight will take it over. The versionI have currently though has paddle support and full speed on all games. The sound sync seems to be off a little though. David are you interested? I can get all of his source code for all his emulators

Just wanted to input. If you can get the source for all of his emulators, can whoever takes over those emulators please release alternate versions using gmenu instead of a built in selector? Com64 and I need to be able to load emulators via the command line in our port of ES, otherwise, we can't add support for these consoles.

Sorry if I kind of derailed the topic, but please see here: http://boards.dingoonity.org/gcw-zero-emulation/emulation-station-support/msg120073/#msg120073

We only have support for four emulators right now, because only those four use gmenu. We have to be able to use the command line.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 03:19:00 am by xXFrostXx »
Dingoonity is the place to be!

David Knight

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2015, 08:29:43 am »

I can take a look but I'm not familiar with the original systems. Any other issues?

qbertaddict

• * Former Staff
  • The Doctor
    • about.me
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2015, 04:55:51 am »
Here is the link to the sourcecode all his projects should be on his github as well
https://github.com/alekmaul/stella

xXFrostXx

• * Former Staff
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2015, 11:04:10 pm »
Mind uploading the new opk for Stella? I assume you'd just have to repack it, but it would be good to upload on this thread.

David Knight

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2015, 07:33:56 pm »
I just compiled and tested the latest Stella svn with SDL2 and opengles2. It seems to run noticeably slower compared to the existing port. Analogue joystick is working on this version.

Imho the current version doesn't bring much benefit to the table and is slower than the previous version. I'm not aware of any missing killer features in any of the posts above apart from the need for better compatibility with recently released roms.

I'd continue my efforts but is there any point in a newer, slower version?

AtariHERO

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2015, 08:17:12 pm »
I just compiled and tested the latest Stella svn with SDL2 and opengles2. It seems to run noticeably slower compared to the existing port. Analogue joystick is working on this version.

Imho the current version doesn't bring much benefit to the table and is slower than the previous version. I'm not aware of any missing killer features in any of the posts above apart from the need for better compatibility with recently released roms.

I'd continue my efforts but is there any point in a newer, slower version?

yes there is

DPC+ high kb games don?t work with 1.0
sound is also not right

David Knight

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2015, 09:02:54 pm »
Can you give examples of where the sound isn't right so I can test between versions?

AtariHERO

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2015, 09:31:13 pm »
Can you give examples of where the sound isn't right so I can test between versions?

just compare most known games with latest stella from pc.
you will find out that the pitch is not right

not as bad as the A8 emu though...

xXFrostXx

• * Former Staff
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2015, 12:58:24 am »
You know what would be great? A way to switch between the P1 and P2 controllers, perhaps using the Select button. Some Atari 2600 games require both controllers. Not many, but some.

Also, if gmenu2x was used to select a game instead of the built-in file selector. (I prefer using gmenu2x to select a game.)

thedeadpools

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2015, 09:23:00 pm »
i am new to this board but have known about the Dingoo community for a long time. Have had several handhelds in the past. And just got the GCW Zero which i have been following the developing for awhile and finally got one. Question is that i have is : can someone please repost the download for the Stella OPK for the GCW Zero please. it is down and i cannot find it anywhere else online unless it is somewhere on the dark | deep net which i am not good at traversing.

i would really appreciate this please. :)

David Knight

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2015, 10:10:58 pm »
i am new to this board but have known about the Dingoo community for a long time. Have had several handhelds in the past. And just got the GCW Zero which i have been following the developing for awhile and finally got one. Question is that i have is : can someone please repost the download for the Stella OPK for the GCW Zero please. it is down and i cannot find it anywhere else online unless it is somewhere on the dark | deep net which i am not good at traversing.

i would really appreciate this please. :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwYi4RGX-HSaVDZQSjZVc1ZQLVk/view?usp=sharing

This is Alekmaul's version.

I am currently developing a new version based on newer source code. I'm aiming to release it real soon  ;)

chevette

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2015, 11:39:01 pm »
Looking forward to it David.....your releases are always the best!! Thanks for keeping the scene alive.

AtariHERO

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2015, 01:49:25 pm »
the new version is far superior

AtariHERO

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2015, 12:51:32 am »
No update to GCW Stella ever!?
So wasn't GCW-ZERO supposed to be the best classic emulator handheld?!
I guess not.
I have a better Stella on the iPad and that's through an unsupported Jailbreak, not on an open system like GCW-Zero.

Quote from: alekmaul on January 08, 2014, 06:47:05 AM
Hello, I know Stella emulator needs a new version.
This version is based on an old one, which is faster than last version.
I will try, when I will have time ..., to update to a newer one, like the verison shipped with emu-ex-plus-alpha.

And "bravo !" for your game, really nice

Please? Upgrade wanted.
Now that Stella is at 4.0 with "Ported Stella to SDL2, which brings many new features. Among the largest improvements is native hardware acceleration support for... Linux/OSX (OpenGL)"
Thanks for your consideration.

the update has come

http://boards.dingoonity.org/gcw-releases/stelle-3-9-3/

Post a new topic
Post a new topic