Hi GCW folk,
I plan to add IRC chat support to my game Hase. So I added some functions for IRC chatting to my Network library "sparrowNet". As side effect and "proof of concept", I made this very simple IRC chat application, called "Sissi", which stands for "Sissi is simple SDL irc".
I added the following features:
- Nick settings, including password for NickServ
- Server settings, including url and port
- Joining channels, even with password (just add the password after the channel name)
- Querying other users
- Getting queries
- Of course writing and reading to/from channels and queries
- Inspecting the nick list of a channel
And here a video:
In the future I will add some kind of highlighting, especially if the rumble support in the firmware is better and maybe logging.
You can download is via OPKManager (I added it to my repository) or here:http://ziz.gp2x.de/downloads/sissi/sissi.opk
Sissi is free software. The source code is here:http://github.com/theZiz/sissi