• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: ReGBA, GBA emulator version 1.45.5 (hardware scaling)  (Read 167289 times)

Nebuleon

Re: ReGBA, GBA emulator [alpha 12]
« Reply #140 on: November 03, 2013, 07:53:48 pm »
I'm having problems with a lot of ROMs in alpha 12. Most of the mario games don't work. Mario Advance is all garbled, Mario Advance 3 won't load, neither will Mario Advance 4. Wolfenstein won't load

I tried the built-in gba bios, and the official nintendo one. Neither worked....
I wonder how much can be wrong with your setup and/or files, given that I can properly launch every regional version of all the Mario Advances using either BIOS.

Some things to start:
a) Whether you dumped from a GBA, or downloaded from the Internet, your ROMs for these games, did the files get cut off mid-transfer to your computer or to your GCW Zero? (You can check this using file sizes.)
b) If you know about CRC32 values, did you compare the CRC32 values of your ROMs with those of known sources?
c) Did you compress the ROMs into ZIP archives?

Gab1975

« Reply #141 on: November 03, 2013, 11:04:02 pm »
All 4 mario advance games and Wolfenstein work fine for me. Using  alpha 12 with nintendo bios.

The games work fine for me too... for the test I used ReGBA alpha12 and the original GBA bios...

Seph817

« Reply #142 on: November 03, 2013, 11:58:49 pm »
I'm having problems with a lot of ROMs in alpha 12. Most of the mario games don't work. Mario Advance is all garbled, Mario Advance 3 won't load, neither will Mario Advance 4. Wolfenstein won't load

I tried the built-in gba bios, and the official nintendo one. Neither worked....

I had problems with roms that I had trimmed a long time ago for VBA on the PC. Are your roms trimmed? They should be exactly 4,8,16 or 32 MB. That's if they're not zipped.

hobastian

« Reply #143 on: November 04, 2013, 02:02:00 am »

I wonder how much can be wrong with your setup and/or files, given that I can properly launch every regional version of all the Mario Advances using either BIOS.

Some things to start:
a) Whether you dumped from a GBA, or downloaded from the Internet, your ROMs for these games, did the files get cut off mid-transfer to your computer or to your GCW Zero? (You can check this using file sizes.)
b) If you know about CRC32 values, did you compare the CRC32 values of your ROMs with those of known sources?

Thanks, I didn't know these were working for everyone else, I will check the integrity of my roms
Dingoo, Open Pandora and GCW enthusiast, C++ coder, and linux user.

hobastian

« Reply #144 on: November 04, 2013, 05:36:09 am »

Some things to start:

Thanks, I didn't know these were working for everyone else, I will check the integrity of my roms

Yep... looks like my roms were corrupt somehow. Thanks for the tips

Dingoo, Open Pandora and GCW enthusiast, C++ coder, and linux user.

Reds

« Reply #145 on: November 04, 2013, 07:34:28 am »
I'm still hoping that someday the FMV problem with Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories will be fixed, but since it's just one game it's unlikely to ever happen since it's not really worth the effort of addressing.

gamefreak_joey

« Reply #146 on: November 04, 2013, 07:40:28 am »
+1  KH:CoM fix. It's worth it, so maybe they'll include it with other game fixes. It's still in alpha, and there's still a ways to go, I'm sure.

MacDonals

« Reply #147 on: November 04, 2013, 02:21:06 pm »
Does ReGBA support GameBoy/Color ROMs?

hi-ban

« Reply #148 on: November 04, 2013, 02:24:40 pm »

No. It's a GBA emulator. Not a GB/GBC, those are different systems.

opt2not

« Reply #149 on: November 04, 2013, 06:17:19 pm »
You'll want to try OhBoy for that. ReGbA and OhBoy are the current two best emulators on the GCW:0 right now.

frt

« Reply #150 on: November 04, 2013, 09:31:08 pm »
I am having problems getting Sonic Advance, Sonic Advance 2, and Sonic Advance 3 to work on ReGBA .

I have the gba bios /local/home/.gpsp.

gpsp plays roms fine, but can't get ReGBA to play them

Thanks.

Nebuleon

« Reply #151 on: November 04, 2013, 09:35:19 pm »
I am having problems getting Sonic Advance, Sonic Advance 2, and Sonic Advance 3 to work on ReGBA .

Thanks.
You can get past the four-rectangles screen in ReGBA by pressing the GBA button combination A+B+Start+Select. (You can remap that, so press the appropriate GCW Zero buttons.)

I'm not sure gpSP played them fine. It's possible it did but gpSP Kai's changes broke them, though.

IMPORTANT EDIT: Or you could boot from the GBA BIOS. Booting from the GBA BIOS makes the games start correctly, not showing the four-rectangles screen.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 09:40:04 pm by Nebuleon »

Nebuleon

« Reply #152 on: November 04, 2013, 10:11:25 pm »
ReGBA version 1.45 is now available. All the features I wanted to add to the frontend are there, and the emulator is stable enough for a proper release. The version number indicates feature parity with the DSTwo version, which is at 1.45 due to being later in the lineage than NDSGBA 1.30 and being an improved version of NDSGBA 1.30.

Download: http://gcw-zero.com/file.php?file=regba.opk

New in this build:
  • Per-game settings. You can press Select in the menu and you can edit settings that are applied to only the currently-loaded game. For example, you may want to start only some games from the BIOS for compatibility (e.g. Sonic Advances) but start the rest from the cartridge, or full-screen most games and leave a few at the original pixels due to being text-heavy.
  • Settings files are saved only when changing the settings inside a submenu. This causes fewer erase cycles to be used up on the internal flash storage of the GCW Zero and the Dingoo A320.
  • A manual. You can see this manual on your GCW Zero by pressing Select on ReGBA in gmenu2x and activating the "Show manual of ReGBA" option. This manual is also on the GCW Zero Community Wiki: see ReGBA.
  • A bug that caused a crash when entering the Display Settings menu on the Dingoo A320 has been fixed.
  • When opposing directions of the GBA d-pad would both be pressed -- that is, both Left and Right, or both Up and Down, whether by the GCW Zero's d-pad or its analog nub --, Left and Up are ignored, respectively.
  • Add a version information screen in the Main Menu's Performance and Debugging submenu.

The last commit that went into this build is commit 45381c7: "OpenDingux: Add a version information screen.".
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 09:29:36 pm by Nebuleon »

frt

« Reply #153 on: November 05, 2013, 06:48:07 pm »
How do you get ReGBA to load nintendo's gba bios?

Where do you put the bios file?

What must it be called?

Thanks

Thanks.
You can get past the four-rectangles screen in ReGBA by pressing the GBA button combination A+B+Start+Select. (You can remap that, so press the appropriate GCW Zero buttons.)

I'm not sure gpSP played them fine. It's possible it did but gpSP Kai's changes broke them, though.

IMPORTANT EDIT: Or you could boot from the GBA BIOS. Booting from the GBA BIOS makes the games start correctly, not showing the four-rectangles screen.

hi-ban

« Reply #154 on: November 05, 2013, 06:56:33 pm »

Nebuleon

« Reply #155 on: November 05, 2013, 07:49:37 pm »

What must it be called?

Thanks
Please see http://wiki.gcw-zero.com/ReGBA#Files if you want to know what files you can transfer, and where, for ReGBA/GCW0.

opt2not

Re: ReGBA, GBA emulator version 1.45
« Reply #156 on: November 05, 2013, 08:47:07 pm »
Thanks for the new version Nebuleon! This emulator is so awesome... ;D

Gab1975

« Reply #157 on: November 05, 2013, 09:50:28 pm »

What must it be called?

Thanks

1) you can find it easily on the web (I think that you need to have an original GBA console for a "legal" use of the bios);
2) Put the bios inside the .gpsp folder (usr/local/home/.gpsp/);
3) the bios name must be: gba_bios.bin

Gab1975

« Reply #158 on: November 05, 2013, 10:03:13 pm »
Please see http://wiki.gcw-zero.com/ReGBA#Files if you want to know what files you can transfer, and where, for ReGBA/GCW0.

Ops, I'm sorry... with my previous post "I duplicated" your answer!
May I take this opportunity to congratulate you for the excellent work! :)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 10:05:04 pm by Gab1975 »

caiolreboucas

Re: ReGBA, GBA emulator version 1.45
« Reply #159 on: November 20, 2013, 10:37:57 pm »
Nebuleon, thanks for all the hard work! Your REGBA runs smooth on my ds! Is there any chance we will receive a PSP port?

Post a new topic