• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: ReGBA, GBA emulator version 1.45.5 (hardware scaling)  (Read 164747 times)

fiver

Re: ReGBA, GBA emulator version 1.45.5 (hardware scaling)
« Reply #340 on: March 22, 2015, 01:46:47 am »

Super Mario Advance 4 doesn't work at all. As far as I know the ROM is okay, but it could be that it's corrupted.
Both versions are European

The ROMs could be corrupted. Did you get them from a reputable source? Have you tested out other copies?
(If you do a checksum on a copy and it has a different checksum, then you know that they are not the same file. It doesn't necessarily mean that one is corrupted, but it could.)

Pepsihojo

« Reply #342 on: April 05, 2015, 03:36:04 pm »
Has anyone been able to play GBA video with sound
All the video I converted works great on actual hardware
Using a flash cart
But on the gcw the sound is just garbled and sounds horrible
Was the same on the Psp

shawnrob

« Reply #343 on: July 17, 2015, 02:19:34 pm »
Having issues running Banjo-Kazooie - Grunty's Revenge. I found a gba_bios.bin file, put it in /usr/local/home/.gpsp, and changed the Display Settings to boot from "GBA BIOS". Is anyone else still having problems with this game or have they got it to work and how? Thanks!

Edit: Also when it boots from the GBA BIOS it still shows the Normmatt logo. Is it supposed to be that or the Nintendo logo?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 02:22:05 pm by shawnrob »

Aeter

« Reply #344 on: July 20, 2015, 06:23:15 pm »
Having issues running Banjo-Kazooie - Grunty's Revenge. I found a gba_bios.bin file, put it in /usr/local/home/.gpsp, and changed the Display Settings to boot from "GBA BIOS". Is anyone else still having problems with this game or have they got it to work and how? Thanks!

Edit: Also when it boots from the GBA BIOS it still shows the Normmatt logo. Is it supposed to be that or the Nintendo logo?
Did you remove normmatt's bios?
What place did you leave the original GBA BIOS?
~cucullus non facit monachum~

shawnrob

« Reply #345 on: July 20, 2015, 07:25:03 pm »
Did you remove normmatt's bios?
What place did you leave the original GBA BIOS?

Where is the normmatt bios? And I put the gba bios under usr/local/home/.gpsp.

Edit: Ok, I got the GBA bios working now.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 07:47:11 am by shawnrob »

xdplus fanatic

« Reply #346 on: July 22, 2015, 10:12:10 am »
Glad to hear you got it working   ;D

Also, is there a possibility that analog support for this emulator can be added??

Thanks everyone.

:-*

David Knight

« Reply #347 on: July 22, 2015, 08:54:05 pm »
Also, is there a possibility that analog support for this emulator can be added??

You mean like this?

Input from GCW Zero buttons and analog nub, fully remappable to the GBA. The emulator has a menu you can enter with a customisable hotkey (default is Y). You can use the menu to reset the game, exit to gmenu2x and set some settings. They are saved to a file, so you can use your favourite scaling, FPS counter, boot screen, remapping and hotkey settings all the time.

It's already there. Check the "Input Settings" menu.

xdplus fanatic

« Reply #348 on: July 22, 2015, 09:19:40 pm »
Wow, look at that... never bothered to check the INPUT SETTINGS before... glad you mentioned it. Analog control is already there to setup.

Thanks David.

:o

nielo360

« Reply #349 on: September 21, 2015, 08:06:27 am »
Iv been pushing Y however im not able to access any menu for the emulator, am I missing something?

xdplus fanatic

« Reply #350 on: September 21, 2015, 09:53:31 am »
I forget exactly but I believe to access the menu, its either a button combination of START + SELECT or simply pushing the power slider up and it will appear.

Hope this helps.

:P

nielo360

« Reply #351 on: September 21, 2015, 11:24:31 am »
I forget exactly but I believe to access the menu, its either a button combination of START + SELECT or simply pushing the power slider up and it will appear.

Hope this helps.

:P

Yep figured it out st+select! thanks anyway

Eliwood_san

« Reply #352 on: December 21, 2015, 03:46:47 am »
Im glad nebuleon come back...well nebuleon Can I request some enhacements for your GBA emulator? Yeah i know your emulator its perfect but i want this two feature in your emulator if is possible to do it:

The request are:
*Open the last rom you used before.
*Support to add gameshark codes in your REGBA emulator.

Can you put those features in your emulator?If its not possible to add it... well i will understand your situation.Thank you so much and waiting for your answer.

Qubits

« Reply #353 on: May 22, 2016, 11:00:30 pm »
Here is a border i've made for ReGBA, its dark and discreet, kind of invisible so you can forget about it and focus on the graphics of the game, you can download it here : https://www.sendspace.com/file/lthu16

Qubits

« Reply #354 on: May 26, 2016, 07:11:46 am »
Is it possible to select the clock speed (NTSC or PAL) for Europe or USA / Japanese roms ? And if not is it on NTSC by default or does it automatically detect the clock speed of the rom ?

hi-ban

« Reply #355 on: May 26, 2016, 12:01:02 pm »
Is it possible to select the clock speed (NTSC or PAL) for Europe or USA / Japanese roms ? And if not is it on NTSC by default or does it automatically detect the clock speed of the rom ?

Handheld Nintendo consoles dont use PAL/NTSC. They all run at 60fps. In other words, they are region-free.
A japanese GBA is exactly the same as an european or US GBA.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 12:07:26 pm by hi-ban »

Qubits

« Reply #356 on: May 28, 2016, 08:26:46 am »
I have noticed that the resolutions of the Gameboy / gbc & Gameboy advance games on the gcw is slighty minimized (smaller) compared to the original. Since the screen is actually bigger than the gb(c) / gba and the resolution higher, isnt there a way to have the true original resolution on the gcw in 164x140 pixels (as original size seen on a computer for exemple, not minimized for the gcw) for the gb(c) and 240x160 for the gba ? And if not would it be possible to have a scale that is closer to the original gba screen ? because the ones in the ReGBA options are far from it.

Here's a picture that explains the problem better :
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 11:08:15 am by Qubits »

Quickman

« Reply #357 on: May 28, 2016, 07:33:43 pm »
Man!! @Qubits !   You have got an eye for detail my friend! I love it!

hi-ban

« Reply #358 on: May 28, 2016, 08:39:53 pm »
I have noticed that the resolutions of the Gameboy / gbc & Gameboy advance games on the gcw is slighty minimized (smaller) compared to the original. Since the screen is actually bigger than the gb(c) / gba and the resolution higher, isnt there a way to have the true original resolution on the gcw in 164x140 pixels (as original size seen on a computer for exemple, not minimized for the gcw) for the gb(c) and 240x160 for the gba ? And if not would it be possible to have a scale that is closer to the original gba screen ? because the ones in the ReGBA options are far from it.

Here's a picture that explains the problem better :

It is already possible on both emulators. There are plenty of scalers there.

OHboy:
Go to Menu > Video Settings > Upscaler and select the scaler of your choice.
You got plenty of them, ranging from Native (no scaling), multiple upscalers which mantain the aspect ratio, up to stretched fullscreen.
Fastest scalers are the hardware ones.

ReGBA:
Go to Menu > Display Settings >Image Scaling and select the scaler of your choice.
You got plenty of them, from Native (no scaling) up to fullscreen (in both aspect ratio and stretch modes). You also got the Hardware option (fastest), which you can cycle between Aspect Ratio and Stretch by pressing Power+A

The GB(C) resolution is 160x144, not 164x140 by the way.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 08:45:52 pm by hi-ban »

Qubits

« Reply #359 on: May 28, 2016, 09:55:09 pm »
Yes, its a mistake, i've written 164x140 but the red square is really 160x144 so it still shows the problem. I need to get a gba to make a better comparaison. The scales in the options are bad, they blur the picture. What i meant is that it would be nice to have the real size of the original res with the " no scale " mode without any blur. The resolution of the gcw is 320x240 so it can display every retro consoles since none of them are over this res but..... the screen of the gcw is smaller than a real 320x240 pixels so it reduce the picture a little bit (i dont know if you see what i mean?) so when you play in no scale mode (to have no blur effect) you get a picture that is a little bit smaller than it should resulting for the gb(c) in a very tiny (kind of) square that is not really comfortable to play for a long time and a tiny rectangle for the gba that is also not really comfortable.

Im not sure this can be fixed and probably the gcw is not a good choice to play gb(c) / gba games.

Post a new topic